• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2022 Aviator Production Schedule

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Gmareta

Feb 13, 2022
I found this on a bronco forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-185048_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-185048_Chrome.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220617_184934.jpg
    20220617_184934.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 28

Benjamin13

Feb 28, 2022
Just got word that my aviator is on the lot, supposedly only took 1 day from shipped to being there. Picking up tomorrow!
Congrats.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I've always been curious as to what the difference is between ordering a vehicle and a special order? When you order a vehicle, you pick the options that you wish to have in it. So what is a 'Special order' then? View attachment 13996

Peter

Hi Peter. Whether called "Ordering a vehicle", or "Factory ordering a vehicle", or "Special ordering a vehicle", or "Retail ordering a vehicle"...etc. etc. they all mean the same thing.

Personally, my experience has always been that it is described as "Factory ordering", so that is the term I use. But again, they are all the same.

Good luck.

Cutman8

Feb 10, 2022
Hi Peter. Whether called "Ordering a vehicle", or "Factory ordering a vehicle", or "Special ordering a vehicle", or "Retail ordering a vehicle"...etc. etc. they all mean the same thing.

Personally, my experience has always been that it is described as "Factory ordering", so that is the term I use. But again, they are all the same.

Good luck.
Guys, I think you all missed my question. Has anyone heard of an aviator being shipped to Texas while still being listed as in production? It was shipped 5/3 and no one can tell me why it's in Texas or how long before it's sent to me in Maryland.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
Guys, I think you all missed my question. Has anyone heard of an aviator being shipped to Texas while still being listed as in production? It was shipped 5/3 and no one can tell me why it's in Texas or how long before it's sent to me in Maryland.
Do you have actual confirmation that it is actually in Texas? It wouldn't be the first time the tracking system was wrong.

Peter

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
Seems to me even if the vehicle did go to Texas, it was shipped 1-1/2 months ago. You would think by now someone would have figured out the mistake and it would have been corrected. If it went to the wrong dealer, that dealer probably would have inquired with corp ops to find out why they got it and where it actually belongs and sent it on its way.

This story could have all kinds of scenarios and go in many different directions. :confused:

Cutman8

Feb 10, 2022
Seems to me even if the vehicle did go to Texas, it was shipped 1-1/2 months ago. You would think by now someone would have figured out the mistake and it would have been corrected. If it went to the wrong dealer, that dealer probably would have inquired with corp ops to find out why they got it and where it actually belongs and sent it on its way.

This story could have all kinds of scenarios and go in many different directions. :confused:
I agree, I wanted to make sure no one had heard of this before I pressed the dealer to do more investigating.

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
Could also be as simple as a fat finger entry somewhere. Maybe when entering in a VIN# or order number. Maybe that info was keyed in wrong and what is being displayed and communicated (the vehicle in TX) is correct, but that is actually not your vehicle.

Cutman8

Feb 10, 2022
Could also be as simple as a fat finger entry somewhere. Maybe when entering in a VIN# or order number. Maybe that info was keyed in wrong and what is being displayed and communicated (the vehicle in TX) is correct, but that is actually not your vehicle.
Then the question is where is my vehicle, blend date was 4/21 its been listed as in production for over 8 weeks.

lmcguire16

Apr 22, 2022
My Lincoln
Aviator Grand Touring Reserve
Got an update my car has shipped as well.

Reserve I with jet package, illumination package, and full rear console.

Order: Feb 12
Blend Date: May 28
Built: June 14
Shipped: June 16
We finally got our window sticker. After 9 months! Where do you find the blend date?

lmcguire16

Apr 22, 2022
My Lincoln
Aviator Grand Touring Reserve
My window sticker shows 6-30-22 Blend date. Based on everyones experience, how long does it take for the car to be shipped and delivered from the Blend date?

decompiled

Feb 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Black Label Grand Touring
My window sticker shows 6-30-22 Blend date. Based on everyones experience, how long does it take for the car to be shipped and delivered from the Blend date?
My blend date was 5/20 and it's still showing in production. Is yours a 2023? Last I saw, production for 2022s ends 6/26.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

Hi Imcguire. In the current manufacturing and shipping environment, there is absolutely no way to tell. All we can do is have patience, wait and periodically check with our Dealer rep and Lincoln Concierge if we don't hear anything.

Good luck.