2022 Aviator Production Schedule

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

reyewsm

We've recently been notified by our dealer that the 2021 Aviator Reserve that we had on order (ordered 6 weeks ago) has been moved to a 2022 production model due to "allocation issues". We also received a cryptic email from Lincoln, as well, that said a 2022 model was ordered with some of the bare minimum specs that we selected. There wasn't much more info other than that. I've not seen any details or images regarding what the 2022 models will be like. We're assuming they won't look a whole lot different than the 2021's and they'll have all of the same features (and hopefully more). But it's a little odd to me that there's no marketing or detailed information out and we've been pushed to the 2022 model without an idea of when it will be delivered.

Our dealer is trying to find out what the production timeframe is. Huge disappointment that we have to wait longer, but I'm excited to have the latest model and assume we'll love the interior and exterior just as much. We're still waiting on details on the exterior, interior, and technology differences. He's trying to find out himself.

I'm sure it's all due to the materials and chip shortages as well as Covid. The messaging from Lincoln could be better.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

FlyingInMN

I found a 2022 update on another aviator forum where a pdf was posted with all the changes. Convenience package is gone and now standard on reserve 201a and GT. It doesn’t appear like there is a reserve II option, you can add the luxury, illumination, etc... as you see fit. Fog lamps now not standard and part of the illumination package.
Slate interior gone
Mocha, ocean blue, and red carpet gone
Added bronze smoke metallic, gilded green metallic, and flight blue metallic on GT

this is all assuming that pdf was legit.

reyewsm

I just received an updated order guide form for the 2022 Aviator and I believe everything you noted is correct. Now just waiting on production schedule information.....

Thanks for replying.

FlyingInMN

I just received an updated order guide form for the 2022 Aviator and I believe everything you noted is correct. Now just waiting on production schedule information.....

Thanks for replying.
Good luck. Did your dealer give you any pricing? Hopefully you get the 2021 locked in. I’d like to know how much they are going to bump the reserve package now that the convenience in included. That was $2100 msrp for 2021.

Exit32

I ordered a 2022 Aviator Reserve this week. The unscheduled order bank is definitely open and accepting orders, and my order status was confirmed as "unscheduled/clean". The unscheduled order bank for the 2022 Aviator opened on March 15; scheduling will begin on April 15; and production is planned to start on June 1.

reyewsm

Good luck. Did your dealer give you any pricing? Hopefully you get the 2021 locked in. I’d like to know how much they are going to bump the reserve package now that the convenience in included. That was $2100 msrp for 2021
yes we locked in on the 2021 pricing.

Corsart

We've recently been notified by our dealer that the 2021 Aviator Reserve that we had on order (ordered 6 weeks ago) has been moved to a 2022 production model due to "allocation issues". We also received a cryptic email from Lincoln, as well, that said a 2022 model was ordered with some of the bare minimum specs that we selected. There wasn't much more info other than that. I've not seen any details or images regarding what the 2022 models will be like. We're assuming they won't look a whole lot different than the 2021's and they'll have all of the same features (and hopefully more). But it's a little odd to me that there's no marketing or detailed information out and we've been pushed to the 2022 model without an idea of when it will be delivered.

Our dealer is trying to find out what the production timeframe is. Huge disappointment that we have to wait longer, but I'm excited to have the latest model and assume we'll love the interior and exterior just as much. We're still waiting on details on the exterior, interior, and technology differences. He's trying to find out himself.

I'm sure it's all due to the materials and chip shortages as well as Covid. The messaging from Lincoln could be better.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Margo17

Just purchased a 2020 hybrid aviator and cancelled my Ford 150 king Ranch. Ordered in Nov. and it was built in feb but was parked on ramp 59 with no movement. I took that as a problem going forward so looked at dealer and other options pre COVID-19. found a 2020 hybrid aviator and fell in love with it. Until this COVID is taken care of, no vehicle from any manufacturing is going to be free of issues. Too many variables in the last 13 months. My opinion, but until 2023 product rolls out, I will not trust what is behind and being pushed out and the pricing is insane. Buy pre 2021 or stay in your vehicle until 2023 when things are back to a more constant state. My opinion only but having my own manufacturing business, I see a lot of variables that we can’t control and until this world is vaccinate, consistency’s are not there.

died4me

I found a 2022 update on another aviator forum where a pdf was posted with all the changes. Convenience package is gone and now standard on reserve 201a and GT. It doesn’t appear like there is a reserve II option, you can add the luxury, illumination, etc... as you see fit. Fog lamps now not standard and part of the illumination package.
Slate interior gone
Mocha, ocean blue, and red carpet gone
Added bronze smoke metallic, gilded green metallic, and flight blue metallic on GT

this is all assuming that pdf was legit.
This is great for the new buyer and bad for someone like me who just purchased 2021 GT. I heard that GT's starting price is around 1K lower for 2022. And if 2022 GT includes the convenience package, then Ford is actually cutting $3K for 2022 compared to 2021. Now I have the buyer's remorse.....

Exit32

For those of you who have ordered -- or are considering ordering a 2022 Lincoln Aviator -- Ford Motor Company recently revised the date for starting production of the 2022 Lincoln Aviator.

Originally, production was scheduled to commence on June 1, 2021. That date has now slipped to June 28, 2021.

reyewsm

For those of you who have ordered -- or are considering ordering a 2022 Lincoln Aviator -- Ford Motor Company recently revised the date for starting production of the 2022 Lincoln Aviator.

Originally, production was scheduled to commence on June 1, 2021. That date has now slipped to June 28, 2021.
Appreciate the update. Getting anxious that these dates are not going to stick.....

Exit32

There's been another slip in the 2022 Aviator production schedule. Here's the latest info:
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 05/20/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 06/30/2021 - 2022MY Production Begins

Exit32

Haven't heard any news about scheduling for the 2022 Aviator; however, Ford has announced additional factory downtime in Chicago where the Aviator is assembled. Specifically, Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP) will be down the week of May 31 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 7.

Don't know if this will affect 2022 Aviator production startup scheduled for June 30, but plant shutdowns certainly aren't helpful.

G-173477

In talking with my dealer he still does not have any dates on his order. Lincoln is not telling them anything. He did say not to expect it in June.

pcox

We ordered our 2021 Aviator in March. In May, the week we were meant to take delivery of the vehicle we were informed that the 2021 Aviator production had ceased and we would have to wait until August to take delivery of a 2022 Aviator. We were then asked to select options for the 2022 Aviator from an order form without a visual reference. The color we selected for our 2021 Aviator had been removed and 2 additional colors added. We were not able to find any examples of the new colors.
We had planned several family vacation trips with the new car over the summer. Having to wait until August for the arrival of the new car was not a good scenario. We offered to purchase a more expensive trim but Lincoln removed the rebates that had previously be agreed on the 2021 Aviator.
The purchase of the Aviator has been a demoralizing experience. We are currently looking to purchase an SUV from another manufacturer.

Alviator

We ordered our 2021 Aviator in March. In May, the week we were meant to take delivery of the vehicle we were informed that the 2021 Aviator production had ceased and we would have to wait until August to take delivery of a 2022 Aviator. We were then asked to select options for the 2022 Aviator from an order form without a visual reference. The color we selected for our 2021 Aviator had been removed and 2 additional colors added. We were not able to find any examples of the new colors.
We had planned several family vacation trips with the new car over the summer. Having to wait until August for the arrival of the new car was not a good scenario. We offered to purchase a more expensive trim but Lincoln removed the rebates that had previously be agreed on the 2021 Aviator.
The purchase of the Aviator has been a demoralizing experience. We are currently looking to purchase an SUV from another manufacturer.
August would be an optimistic date. According to Ford's weekly update the 2022 Aviator scheduling is listed as TBD.

Exit32

No change to production scheduling, but effective June 1, 2021, prices of all 2022 Lincoln Aviator models will increase as follows:

• Base increases by $470 MSRP
  • Livery increases by $470 MSRP
  • Reserve increases by $905 MSRP
  • Black Label increases by $480 MSRP
  • Grand Touring increases by $475 MSRP
  • Black Label Grand Touring increases by $480 MSRP

Automatic price protection will be provided on firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before May 31, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before June 4, 2021.

Escape Hatch

Placed an order a few days ago for a loaded 2022 with chromatic package. Really curious when production will begin but at this rate I anticipate an end of year delivery.