2022 Aviator GT issues. Already had a 2021 Reserve replaced under buyback and now this...

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

I wrote this letter to my service advisor, as I am planning to get it into service this week:

I purchased this 22 Aviator two months ago as a replacement for my lemon 21 Aviator. I have had several issues with this new 22 model. In the interest of clarity, I would like to list the issues I would hope your dealership would be able to address for me. I love the vehicle, but the quality issues trouble me.

-The hood shakes at highway speed.

-The passenger side front door speakers are sounding distorted they could possibly be blown . The other speakers in the car sound fine.

-The rear lift gate has stopped twice in the past week. I had to get out of the car and manually close it, I couldn’t close the lift gate from either the dash button or the remote button. (I have video of this). There was nothing in it’s way to stop this.

-The SYNC doesn’t recognize my phone when I first plug it in. Several times the screen goes black. Only when I unplug my phone and re-plug it in does it work. (I have video of this).

-The SYNC has crashed multiple times without warning. I have had to turn the car on and off to get it to reset.

-The interior lights twice in the past week have stayed on during my drive and not going . I couldn’t turn them off save for turning off the car and turning them back on.

-The backup camera has flashed on and off several times while I used it, but this is intermittent. Sometimes it does not work at all. It especially happens at night.

-The front door passenger side grab handle above the seat was not installed properly. It is loose and cannot be held.

-There is a black plastic trim piece next to the drivers side knee area that is misaligned. This piece is the piece that surrounds the storage area underneath the center console in between the two passenger seats.

-There is a sunroof rubber piece that is sticking out from above the drivers door. That is not supposed to be like that from other pictures of Aviators and owners I have spoken to. It should be flush

-The charging cord will not charge the car with the 240v adapter. I have checked the breakers and outlet they are functioning. I also have also tried using my neighbors 240v outlet it does not charge either. However, when I plug it in using the 110v only it works. This leads me to conclude the 240v adapter is defective.

So beware Lincoln is still have issues at least with mine on the 22s. Sigh! Thanks for reading!

rjabend

I wrote this letter to my service advisor, as I am planning to get it into service this week:

I purchased this 22 Aviator two months ago as a replacement for my lemon 21 Aviator. I have had several issues with this new 22 model. In the interest of clarity, I would like to list the issues I would hope your dealership would be able to address for me. I love the vehicle, but the quality issues trouble me.

-The hood shakes at highway speed.

-The passenger side front door speakers are sounding distorted they could possibly be blown . The other speakers in the car sound fine.

-The rear lift gate has stopped twice in the past week. I had to get out of the car and manually close it, I couldn’t close the lift gate from either the dash button or the remote button. (I have video of this). There was nothing in it’s way to stop this.

-The SYNC doesn’t recognize my phone when I first plug it in. Several times the screen goes black. Only when I unplug my phone and re-plug it in does it work. (I have video of this).

-The SYNC has crashed multiple times without warning. I have had to turn the car on and off to get it to reset.

-The interior lights twice in the past week have stayed on during my drive and not going . I couldn’t turn them off save for turning off the car and turning them back on.

-The backup camera has flashed on and off several times while I used it, but this is intermittent. Sometimes it does not work at all. It especially happens at night.

-The front door passenger side grab handle above the seat was not installed properly. It is loose and cannot be held.

-There is a black plastic trim piece next to the drivers side knee area that is misaligned. This piece is the piece that surrounds the storage area underneath the center console in between the two passenger seats.

-There is a sunroof rubber piece that is sticking out from above the drivers door. That is not supposed to be like that from other pictures of Aviators and owners I have spoken to. It should be flush

-The charging cord will not charge the car with the 240v adapter. I have checked the breakers and outlet they are functioning. I also have also tried using my neighbors 240v outlet it does not charge either. However, when I plug it in using the 110v only it works. This leads me to conclude the 240v adapter is defective.

So beware Lincoln is still have issues at least with mine on the 22s. Sigh! Thanks for reading!
That is really disappointing to hear! I had continued hopes that the quality problems would be addressed on the 22s. I have a long list of faults on my 21, but yours is longer and maybe worse. I hope you get your problems solved quickly and avoid BUYBACK NUMBER 2!

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I am guessing you are using carplay or android auto based on the plug and the screen goes black? My sync overall has been very stable but I dont use android auto or carplay. Let us know how it goes with the dealer getting those resolved. Also I wonder if you interior lights and the liftgate may be related possible due to a problematic sensor.

sagosto

If your wife Jane Smith cheats on you, don't marry another Jane Smith. Being straight with you mang. Soo many options especially at this price point so I can't imagine given Lincoln a 2nd shot.

Last edited: