2021 SYNC 3 NAV map update to be released.

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hello. This may be the wrong place to ask this. If so, sorry. Anyway, has there been a recent sync 3 navigation update? I dread the time required for downloading and installing it! 🫤

Hi jay. Yes. NAV maps version "NA 2 21", and it was just released ~a week ago.

You can obtain it here: Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update

Let us know how you make out good luck.

BC52

Jul 1, 2022
My Lincoln
2017 MKZ 3.0t Black Label
yes, i now recall all of the intracacies u mention! Ty.
Hey Jay - to piggyback on what the guys said, I purchased the updates via download in July - bought 3 diff USB drives with 3 diff sizes - I had nothing but problems installing, despite following the directions to the letter. Finally spent the extra 40.00 for their drive, which worked perfectly. I emailed them a few times and told them I wanted a refund for the 40.00 since their download was not functional. They wound up refunding the entire purchase. Just FYI if you still have no luck.

jay52

May 15, 2019
Hey Jay - to piggyback on what the guys said, I purchased the updates via download in July - bought 3 diff USB drives with 3 diff sizes - I had nothing but problems installing, despite following the directions to the letter. Finally spent the extra 40.00 for their drive, which worked perfectly. I emailed them a few times and told them I wanted a refund for the 40.00 since their download was not functional. They wound up refunding the entire purchase. Just FYI if you still have no luck.
Thx so much for your reply and congrats on getting that refund! I’ll definitely keep this info in mind if my download doesn’t work this time. 🤞

BC52

Jul 1, 2022
My Lincoln
2017 MKZ 3.0t Black Label
Thx so much for your reply and congrats on getting that refund! I’ll definitely keep this info in mind if my download doesn’t work this time. 🤞
Hopefully it will Jay - I did learn from the vendor that if you shut the vehicle down mid-update (and this applies to the sync 3 updates too) it will auto resume the next time you start it - just don't remove the USB drive

jay52

May 15, 2019
Hopefully it will Jay - I did learn from the vendor that if you shut the vehicle down mid-update (and this applies to the sync 3 updates too) it will auto resume the next time you start it - just don't remove the USB drive
Thx so much. I have heard that as well so i try to remember to give it extra time so i don't have to repeat the process at all. It already takes more time than it should even if you do it all (download and install) just right the first time! So far, so good. :)

Big Behr

Oct 20, 2010
I usually do Sync and Nav updates via download, but this time splurged on the USB Nav update (2018 MKX). One helpful reminder in the instructions was to disable the Auto Engine Shutoff to make sure the auto doesn't shut down mid-update.
Pretty flawless experience. It would still be nice to have a little more granular info on the status of the update beyond "System Updating".

jay52

May 15, 2019
I usually do Sync and Nav updates via download, but this time splurged on the USB Nav update (2018 MKX). One helpful reminder in the instructions was to disable the Auto Engine Shutoff to make sure the auto doesn't shut down mid-update.
Pretty flawless experience. It would still be nice to have a little more granular info on the status of the update beyond "System Updating".
Thanks for the shutoff reminder. And, you r right that more info is better for this process. The instructions for both the download and the install are pretty good this time. It seems they are better than previously but I might just be getting better at doing this by now!🙂