2021 Nautilus production

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
Bad news Guys..........see below.

• Ford Edge: The Oakville Assembly Complex in Ontario, Canada, will not produce the Ford Edge crossover for three weeks beginning July 19. The plant also produces the Lincoln Nautilus crossover.

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi

• Ford Edge: The Oakville Assembly Complex in Ontario, Canada, will not produce the Ford Edge crossover for three weeks beginning July 19. The plant also produces the

• Ford Edge: The Oakville Assembly Complex in Ontario, Canada, will not produce the Ford Edge crossover for three weeks beginning July 19. The plant also produces the Lincoln Nautilus crossover.

Bummer! Hopefully that’s so they can focus on Nautilus production.

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
Here is a more accurate information..............i do not know if this is positive or negative !
  • Oakville Assembly Complex will produce Nautilus only the weeks of July 19, 26 and Aug. 2. The plant in Canada builds the Edge and Lincoln Nautilus.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Here is a more accurate information..............i do not know if this is positive or negative !
  • Oakville Assembly Complex will produce Nautilus only the weeks of July 19, 26 and Aug. 2. The plant in Canada builds the Edge and Lincoln Nautilus.

Hi Denis. It is positive for Nautilus buyers/those waiting for a Nautilus, since it means the plant will produce only the Nautilus from ~7/19 through ~8/9.

It is negative for Edge buyers/those waiting for an Edge, since it means there will be no Edge production during that same time period.

Thanks for the information and good luck.

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
Hi Denis. It is positive for Nautilus buyers/those waiting for a Nautilus, since it means the plant will produce only the Nautilus from ~7/19 through ~8/9.

It is negative for Edge buyers/those waiting for an Edge, since it means there will be no Edge production during that same time period.

Thanks for the information and good luck.
That’s a positive for me since my salesman said our order was scheduled for production mid July with delivery the end of July. 🥂

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
Maybe that Reserve 2 that I have been waiting 2 months to look at will arrive by the end of July. Al
Hopefully your wait will soon be over. Today is 3 months since my order was placed.

John in Bismarck

Jun 5, 2021
Bismarck, ND
Looks beautiful. These vehicles sure seem to be scarce. The dealer where we bought our 2020 Nautilus in June has not had any new Lincolns in stock for weeks (the one we bought was the only one they had). The dealer where we live shows two 2021 Nautilus (Nautili?) and one Aviator, all listed as “in transit”. It’s no wonder the sales numbers are so poor, and it’s a shame, because, based on our experience so far (2,000 miles), it’s a great vehicle.

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
View attachment 11015 After a 5 month wait, we picked up our new 2021 Nautilus Reserve 2. The Ceramic Pearl is beautiful as is everything else! So happy!
I was finally able to find a 2021 that was close to the specs and color I wanted and pulled the trigger this weekend. I traded my 2016 MKX for a 2021 Nautilus Reserve. So far, I am VERY happy with it!!
How has your Nautilus experience been for you? I’m curious to hear your pros and cons.

FordLincoln

Mar 18, 2011
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator, 2021 Nautilus
Very nice looking ride - that was the first color option that I wanted, but couldn't get!!

So far, so good with my Nautilus. I have been extremely satisfied with the car. I have just under 2,500 miles on it, with one trip included.

I was not used to the co-pilot 360 at first, but now love it - especially the adaptive speed control when on cruise on the highway. The learning curve for these features is VERY small - it is very easy to set up as well.

I do not have the upgraded front seats in my car, but the seats are MUCH more comfortable than my 2016 MKX, IMO.

I see that you have the same wheel option as I do - I really prefer the look of our wheels to the standard ones. Also, it looks like you have the upgraded head/fog light option. Not only does the appearance of these at night look incredible, but they are functional as well.

The sync 4 system is everything you could hope for. I liked sync 3 and this blows it away. Again there is a little learning curve with sync 4.

The ONLY complaint that I have with the car however, is with this system, specifically the backup camera. The quality of the picture for the backup camera is HORRIBLE for a car this price. My 2016 MKX had a clearer, sharper picture than this one - a very BIG disappointment. This has already been brought up in the forums and I as far as I know there is no "fix" for it yet. I did discuss this with my dealer and the official response he got from Lincoln is that apparently the camera and sync 4 do not mesh the same as sync 3 resulting in a noticeable downgrade in camera picture.
It is not that the backup camera is not usable - it definitely is, but you would think the picture quality would be as good or preferably better in the new car, which it is not.

Even with the backup camera complaint, this car is incredible and I am VERY pleased with my purchase. No buyers remorse here!!!

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
Very nice looking ride - that was the first color option that I wanted, but couldn't get!!

So far, so good with my Nautilus. I have been extremely satisfied with the car. I have just under 2,500 miles on it, with one trip included.

I was not used to the co-pilot 360 at first, but now love it - especially the adaptive speed control when on cruise on the highway. The learning curve for these features is VERY small - it is very easy to set up as well.

I do not have the upgraded front seats in my car, but the seats are MUCH more comfortable than my 2016 MKX, IMO.

I see that you have the same wheel option as I do - I really prefer the look of our wheels to the standard ones. Also, it looks like you have the upgraded head/fog light option. Not only does the appearance of these at night look incredible, but they are functional as well.

The sync 4 system is everything you could hope for. I liked sync 3 and this blows it away. Again there is a little learning curve with sync 4.

The ONLY complaint that I have with the car however, is with this system, specifically the backup camera. The quality of the picture for the backup camera is HORRIBLE for a car this price. My 2016 MKX had a clearer, sharper picture than this one - a very BIG disappointment. This has already been brought up in the forums and I as far as I know there is no "fix" for it yet. I did discuss this with my dealer and the official response he got from Lincoln is that apparently the camera and sync 4 do not mesh the same as sync 3 resulting in a noticeable downgrade in camera picture.
It is not that the backup camera is not usable - it definitely is, but you would think the picture quality would be as good or preferably better in the new car, which it is not.

Even with the backup camera complaint, this car is incredible and I am VERY pleased with my purchase. No buyers remorse here!!!
Thanks for your detailed reply. I have been spending garage time sitting behind the wheel like a kid at Christmas, learning and getting familiar with all the buttons. This is a great forum and I appreciate everyone’s input! Wishing you continued success with your Nautilus.

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
Hi gang. For those interested, here is the latest 2022 Nautilus production timetable (courtesy of member "ice-capades", over on the Blue Oval forums).
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 08/05/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/15/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  • 08/29/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/16/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/18/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date
Good luck.
Hi bbf2530

Do you know if the date you gave us above are still valid ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

G-321882

I'm not a power driver but have been wondering if I should get the 2.0 or 2.7 engine. I've been told that the gas mileage drops only 1 mpg with the 6 cylinder. It's nice to have a little extra power when needed. Sounds like I have already made up my mind. :)
Any input on will be appreciated.
The power of the 2.7 is awesome! You will not regret spending the extra cash.

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
Does anyone know if there is currently any Nautilus assembly going on at the Oakville Assembly Plant?
If not, is there any production schedule in a near future ?