2021 Nautilus production

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

AJB830

Feb 24, 2021
Mishicot, WI
As far as I know, you can only get the better illumination in the reserve 2 or higher. The other thing included with that package is the bottom front fog lights that reserve 1 does not have, which I like. I wouldn't mind going with the reserve 2 package, but I don't want the towing option!! Also, IMO, I like the 21 inch wheels - I think they look better.

I have pretty much decided on what options I want, but the few Lincoln dealers here don't have what I want. They have checked with some out of state dealers for a dealer trade, but they haven't been able to make a deal. So frustrating as I don't want to wait for a factory order - too much going on with the delays in getting parts. It could take until November!!!
Thanks for the information on the fog lights. I totally missed that on the Reserve 1 I looked at yesterday. I also don't want or don't need the towing package either as I have an F250 diesel. But if the towing package is part of Reserve 2, then I can accept that. Most of my Jeeps had the towing package too and I never used them. Do you know if the Reserve 2 has a tow hitch cover like my Jeep Summit? From what I have seen so far, it looks like I probably will order the Reserve 2 to get the upgraded lighting. But I also am not enthused about waiting 6 months.

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
My wife and I placed our order on April 1 for the reserve 2. We wanted the illumination package and also chose the towing package because we have found that this is an attractive resale option and the investment holds its value at resale not to mention the extra transmission cooling is a bonus. I spoke with our sales man last week and he confirmed our order was was in the queue. He was informed that Lincoln Nautilus is focusing their efforts on filling customer orders. He estimated the delivery of ours to be early July. Microchip supply is the key factor. Time will tell.

skihoser

May 20, 2021
Thanks for the information on the fog lights. I totally missed that on the Reserve 1 I looked at yesterday. I also don't want or don't need the towing package either as I have an F250 diesel. But if the towing package is part of Reserve 2, then I can accept that. Most of my Jeeps had the towing package too and I never used them. Do you know if the Reserve 2 has a tow hitch cover like my Jeep Summit? From what I have seen so far, it looks like I probably will order the Reserve 2 to get the upgraded lighting. But I also am not enthused about waiting 6 months.
The tow package comes with a cheap black rubber hitch cover. Already ordered a cover with the Lincoln emblem on it.

AJB830

Feb 24, 2021
Mishicot, WI
The tow package comes with a cheap black rubber hitch cover. Already ordered a cover with the Lincoln emblem on it.
Thanks for the information on the tow package hitch cover. Somewhat surprised that Lincoln does not have a cover for the hitch on the Reserve 2 model like the Jeep Summit. Still waiting for my dealer to receive a Reserve 2 that has the 22 position seat. Pretty much have decided to order a Reserve, 2 but want to see one with the 22 position seat before ordering. Al

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
I'm new to this forum, to make a long story short, I trade my 2017 MKC for a 2021 Nautilus, I made the purchase on March 30th thinking of receiving it in the middle of June, up to now , the Nautilus assembly plan in Oakville was closed starting in mid-April, the entire month of May and I have just seen that Oakville will be closed for all of June. I was thinking, I don't want to receive a 2021 model in November, to this tale, I would rather make the purchase in the spring of 2022.
I'm going to talk to the dealer about it.

FordLincoln

Mar 18, 2011
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator, 2021 Nautilus
I was finally able to find a 2021 that was close to the specs and color I wanted and pulled the trigger this weekend. I traded my 2016 MKX for a 2021 Nautilus Reserve. So far, I am VERY happy with it!!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 11

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
I'm new to this forum, to make a long story short, I trade my 2017 MKC for a 2021 Nautilus, I made the purchase on March 30th thinking of receiving it in the middle of June, up to now , the Nautilus assembly plan in Oakville was closed starting in mid-April, the entire month of May and I have just seen that Oakville will be closed for all of June. I was thinking, I don't want to receive a 2021 model in November, to this tale, I would rather make the purchase in the spring of 2022.
I'm going to talk to the dealer about it.
Welcome Denis C. Your order was placed 2 days before mine so we are in the same boat. My dealer informed me that Oakville will only produce customer orders, when they get back to work but who knows when that will be. I agree that at some point, they will have to switch to model year 2022. My guess is that due to all the delays there won’t be any change to the design but at this point, for our value it would be best to have a 22. Please share any updates.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hi gang. For those waiting and interested, these are the latest production end/startup dates for the 2021/2022 Nautilus:

"Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Nautilus.
  • 07/02/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 07/15/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 09/17/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  • 07/30/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/12/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/20/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date"

• This information is provided/available thanks to forum member "ice-capades" on the "Blue Oval Forums", and was accurate as of 5/24/21.
Good luck.

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
Welcome Denis C. Your order was placed 2 days before mine so we are in the same boat. My dealer informed me that Oakville will only produce customer orders, when they get back to work but who knows when that will be. I agree that at some point, they will have to switch to model year 2022. My guess is that due to all the delays there won’t be any change to the design but at this point, for our value it would be best to have a 22. Please share any updates.
Thanks a lot for your informations.............i will, for sure, share any updates.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hi gang. For those interested, here is the latest 2022 Nautilus production timetable (courtesy of member "ice-capades", over on the Blue Oval forums).
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 08/05/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/15/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  • 08/29/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/16/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/18/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date
Good luck.

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
Hi gang. For those interested, here is the latest 2022 Nautilus production timetable (courtesy of member "ice-capades", over on the Blue Oval forums).
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 08/05/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/15/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  • 08/29/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/16/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/18/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date
Good luck.
Just for clarification, does this mean all orders produced prior to 10/15 will be a 2021 and after 10/18 will be a 2022?
Hopefully the wait will not be that long but who knows?
I was finally able to find a 2021 that was close to the specs and color I wanted and pulled the trigger this weekend. I traded my 2016 MKX for a 2021 Nautilus Reserve. So far, I am VERY happy with it!!
Very nice!! While some of us are patiently waiting for ours to be produced, let us us know what is making you happy with yours. :)

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Just for clarification, does this mean all orders produced prior to 10/15 will be a 2021 and after 10/18 will be a 2022?
Hopefully the wait will not be that long but who knows?

Hi Takeapic. Yes.

Good luck.

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
Yesterday our salesman sent us this message: I have some good news, it looks like Lincoln is going to build your Nautilus in mid July. With luck, you will get it by the end of July. I will keep in touch with updates as I get them.

Maybe dreams do come true. 😎

Denis C

Apr 21, 2021
Yesterday our salesman sent us this message: I have some good news, it looks like Lincoln is going to build your Nautilus in mid July. With luck, you will get it by the end of July. I will keep in touch with updates as I get them.

Great..................this is mean that we might get ours approximately at the same time, given that you placed your order 2 days after us...........lets cross the fingers and good luck.........

AJB830

Feb 24, 2021
Mishicot, WI

I have been waiting about 8 weeks to look at a Reserve 2 Nautilus that my local dealer has ordered. Today I talked to the dealer and he said it has been built but is waiting for chips to arrive before it can be shipped. Said he doesn't have any date when they would expect shipment.

I was planning to order a Reserve 2 after looking at the one they have on order. Now I might just wait to order a 2022 since it is not clear when a 2021 would arrive. Maybe the 22 might have some different options and/or colors.

Al

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
I have been waiting about 8 weeks to look at a Reserve 2 Nautilus that my local dealer has ordered. Today I talked to the dealer and he said it has been built but is waiting for chips to arrive before it can be shipped. Said he doesn't have any date when they would expect shipment.

I was planning to order a Reserve 2 after looking at the one they have on order. Now I might just wait to order a 2022 since it is not clear when a 2021 would arrive. Maybe the 22 might have some different options and/or colors.

Al
It’s a most unusual time we are living in. It’s been so long since our test drive, I can’t remember the details but recall it being very nice. I taken many virtual test drives on YouTube. This is the most prepared I’ve ever been awaiting a new ride 🤣. Good luck with your decision.

AJB830

Feb 24, 2021
Mishicot, WI
It’s a most unusual time we are living in. It’s been so long since our test drive, I can’t remember the details but recall it being very nice. I taken many virtual test drives on YouTube. This is the most prepared I’ve ever been awaiting a new ride 🤣. Good luck with your decision.
I also have watched all the You Tube videos on the 21 Nautilus. But seems they either test the Black Label or a standard Nautilus. Only one video that I watched tested a Reserve 2. My reason for waiting till the dealer receives the Reserve 2 was to tryout the 22 position seat before I order. I am curious if you ordered the 22 position seat on your Reserve 2 order? Al

Takeapic

Mar 31, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mi
I also have watched all the You Tube videos on the 21 Nautilus. But seems they either test the Black Label or a standard Nautilus. Only one video that I watched tested a Reserve 2. My reason for waiting till the dealer receives the Reserve 2 was to tryout the 22 position seat before I order. I am curious if you ordered the 22 position seat on your Reserve 2 order? Al
We didn’t. To be honest, I rarely change my seat position so thought it would not be of value to us. Good luck with your decision.