2021 nautilus Backup camera

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bobev

Just picked up my 2021 nautilus and am very disappointed in the quality of the backup camera. Of all the resent cars I have owned this camera is the worst. My cell phone is 10 times clearer. It is definetely no HD. Very fuzzy and hard to made out objects. What do others think of this and is there anyway to fix.

rbird2

I would have the dealer look at it comparing your vehicle with other 2021 Nautilus vehicles.

Ford did release a Special Service Message (SSM) 49741 titled "2021 Edge/Nautilus - Rear View Camera Guidelines Shaking/Wavy When Parked" to dealers addressing some camera quality concerns on the 2021 Edge and Nautilus.

SSM 49741 states that the "2021 Edge/Nautilus vehicles will exhibit flickering, wavy, or shaking parking aid guidelines when the vehicle is stationary and/or a dark or fuzzy image in low light." SSM 49741 also states "This may be due to the interaction between the analog camera and the high definition digital SYNC 4 screen." and "this is a normal characteristic and no repairs should be attempted" or warranty claims submitted for this condition.

Also, I think the camera resolution limitations may be more noticeable on the large 12" display in the 2021 Nautilus vs the smaller display's used on Sync Gen 3 vehicles.

tgara

Do you have the Copilot 360 system? Mine does, and the various views are not great but OK. The view you see is probably a compromise between the camera itself and the software used to give you wider views and the top-down 360 degree view (which is cool and useful), as rbird2 suggested.

More importantly, the backup camera has a washer!!! Its one of my favorite features, right up there with illuminated door sills and capless fuel filler! :geek:

MARINE

The camera is the worst. 720P at the most. On a newly designed car. My friends Hyudai is crisp and HD. What gives Ford/Lincoln? The F150 cam is way superior. At night, its pretty worthless. I Owned 2017MKX, 2019 Nauti, 2018 MKC and now 2021 Nauti.

Misty

Just picked up my 2021 nautilus and am very disappointed in the quality of the backup camera. Of all the resent cars I have owned this camera is the worst. My cell phone is 10 times clearer. It is definetely no HD. Very fuzzy and hard to made out objects. What do others think of this and is there anyway to fix.
Mine is the same way. I have notified Lincoln and they said we should talk to the dealership and see if there are any software updates for the camera.
I am disappointed with the quality of this camera- my 2020 limited explorer's camera was so much better.