2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

HonestZabe

Hi all, been following for a few weeks as I wait. Got a call from my dealership today. I ordered my Corsair GT on 7/26. Scheduled build was today. Lincoln informed my dealer they are no longer making 2021 Corsairs as they haven't gotten their shipments of parts and canceled my order and all other GT orders for 2021s.
They now said I can order a 2022 and might be ready sometime in February 2022.

Voidoid

Hi all, been following for a few weeks as I wait. Got a call from my dealership today. I ordered my Corsair GT on 7/26. Scheduled build was today. Lincoln informed my dealer they are no longer making 2021 Corsairs as they haven't gotten their shipments of parts and canceled my order and all other GT orders for 2021s.
They now said I can order a 2022 and might be ready sometime in February 2022.
Man, that is terrible news. Really sorry you’re having to go through that.

I was optimistic for a delivery before Christmas for the order I placed - maybe I’ll need to temper my expectations a bit.

HonestZabe

Sounds like they didn't make too many if my order on 7/26 was canceled and if the first orders were in June. I'm sure I'm not the only one getting this call from Ford today.
No idea if I get bumped to top of list for 2022 since mine was canceled. Well see what my dealership says tomorrow after my order is in. Looks like I'll be waiting another few months at least though.

Not like I'd have better luck with another car brand. I know BMW canceled all hybrid X3s in July for the rest of the year. Their best seller in US.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
they are no longer making 2021 Corsairs
I'm seeing lots of dealer stock of Corsair GT's rolling in if that is an option for you. Here in Northern CA, they are all loaded units with every option you can image/order and mostly white. Nearby dealers are asking $5K over MSRP so I had to go 2 hrs from home just to get a "deal" for MSRP. Last reported mine (ordered 8/3, built 9/28) is on a train somewhere west of Indiana due Oct 20.

Hang in there! As posted previously, JD Power initial quality survey ranks Corsair #2 behind BMW and ahead of Porsche.

HonestZabe

My initial build date was 9/7, then delayed on that day to 10/11 then canceled today. Not sure what's going on or if my dealership is telling me the truth now hearing yours was ordered after mine and built before.

SoCalDan

That's a bummer. My order was placed on 7/13, less then 2 weeks before yours. Not sure if mine barely missed the cutoff, or if cars with the technology package (for example) require the elusive chips in question (I didn't include the tech package).

In any case, I can tell you the GT is worth waiting for. Really nice ride - exceeding expectations so far.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
That's a bummer. My order was placed on 7/13, less then 2 weeks before yours. Not sure if mine barely missed the cutoff, or if cars with the technology package (for example) require the elusive chips in question (I didn't include the tech package).

In any case, I can tell you the GT is worth waiting for. Really nice ride - exceeding expectations so far.
I ordered mine with every option except the 20" wheels on July 5. It arrived at the dealership on September 30.

It's difficult to day what commodity is missing.

There are a few upgrades on the 2022 with the technology though.

Make sure your dealer sets the priority code to 10, the best priority code you can get. The default priority code is 19 which puts you in back of the pack.

Hopefullly, Lincoln will offer you some perks for having your order cancelled and having to wait. That has happened to other folks with high demand products within the Ford/Lincoln family.

Let us know how things work out.

Voidoid

What's also confusing about the rollout of the GT is the complete lack of press or marketing. There are zero written reviews of the vehicle, no video reviews on YouTube. Is that typical for a vehicle that's already available (even if it isn't "widely" available)?

HonestZabe

So, double checked. My 2021 had a priority code of 80. Not sure what that means. And now my 2022 has a code of 19. I emailed my dealership what you mentioned about priority codes and a few other questions. The New Car manager is of course off on Tuesdays, so I'll see what he says tomorrow.

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can get bumped to top of build list somehow because mine was canceled.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
So, double checked. My 2021 had a priority code of 80. Not sure what that means. And now my 2022 has a code of 19. I emailed my dealership what you mentioned about priority codes and a few other questions. The New Car manager is of course off on Tuesdays, so I'll see what he says tomorrow.

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can get bumped to top of build list somehow because mine was canceled.
When I ordered mine, the dealership had me sign a document stating it was a retail order and not a dealership order. That way it gets prioritized higher. I've never heard of a priority of 80. It could have been recategorized due to the lack of parts?

If all else fails, call the Lincoln Concierge and ask them to explain. You may have to go beyond the first line responder to a manager to get an answer.

HonestZabe

Yes, looked up priorities. 80 is lowest priority. I wonder if dealership made a mistake given they typically order cars for themselves rather than customers, and gave it their standard priority. I didn't know what I was supposed to look for as I've never ordered a car from the manufacturer before.

I called the concierge. They have no line of communication between sales and/or production. She couldn't help and even asked her manager. Told me to tell the dealer to "pull some strings."

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Yes, looked up priorities. 80 is lowest priority. I wonder if dealership made a mistake given they typically order cars for themselves rather than customers, and gave it their standard priority. I didn't know what I was supposed to look for as I've never ordered a car from the manufacturer before.

I called the concierge. They have no line of communication between sales and/or production. She couldn't help and even asked her manager. Told me to tell the dealer to "pull some strings."
Time is running out as the 2021 model build out is on October 29. Job 1 for the 2022 model year is on November 1.

I would press the dealer when you place your new order to make the priority number as low as possible. Mine was set at 10 and it took around 3 months from order date to receive my vehicle. I have heard of people having priority numbers lower than 10 although that is extremely rare.

I hope your dealer and Lincoln offer you some sort of gift for having to wait so long.

Get a copy of the order from your dealer. It should include your order number. Wait a few weeks and get the VIN number from your dealer. Once you have the order number and VIN you can track the process via the Lincoln order tracking website.

It won't be 100% accurate but it will be close. After my vehicle was built it showed a delivery date to the dealer of 10/6 but it actually delivered on 9/30. My dealer is less than 200 miles away from the factory.

2021/2022MY Lincoln Corsair Order Bank, Scheduling & Production

• 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 08/12/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/29/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date

• 08/16/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/23/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

Last edited:
I just called my dealer to inquire about the Grand Touring - he told me they don't expect shipments until the first quarter of 2022. The wait is going to be the death of me...
I live in the center of the US auto manufacturing world. This 'chip' issue is real and it's effected other suppliers. More suppliers are having trouble with supply change and employees. Ford 150s in Louisville are placed/stored bumper to bumper everywhere! Chevrolet trucks in Ft Wayne IN are also placed/stored bumper to bumper everywhere! Subaru in Lafayette IN have their issues. Don't know alot about Honda and Toyota plants in southern IN. My daughter ordered a 2022 Toyota Wilderness June 22 and it was delivered in Aug. It's as if, they use what 'chips' they have on hand in the vehicles that are 'sold' and they're not using them in vehicles that will just sit on the lot. She was told they can't even place orders. Not sure on anything or just the Wilderness.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I live in the center of the US auto manufacturing world. This 'chip' issue is real and it's effected other suppliers. More suppliers are having trouble with supply change and employees. Ford 150s in Louisville are placed/stored bumper to bumper everywhere! Chevrolet trucks in Ft Wayne IN are also placed/stored bumper to bumper everywhere! Subaru in Lafayette IN have their issues. Don't know alot about Honda and Toyota plants in southern IN. My daughter ordered a 2022 Toyota Wilderness June 22 and it was delivered in Aug. It's as if, they use what 'chips' they have on hand in the vehicles that are 'sold' and they're not using them in vehicles that will just sit on the lot. She was told they can't even place orders. Not sure on anything or just the Wilderness.
Honda is my customer in central Ohio. The chip shortage has impacted them too. They aren't building vehicles unless they have all the parts. The Accord line is scheduled to run full capacity for the next few weeks. The CRV and Acura line has been impacted even more. That line is running at a reduced capacity.

It appears Honda is spreading the pain around to each manufacturing plant. I'm thinking it is dependent on profitability, sales and dealer inventory but I don't know that for certain.

bbf2530

Hi gang. Just to avoid confusion for those interested: It is too late to order a 2021 Corsair. The order bank for the 2021 model year Corsair is already closed.

Good luck.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio

So, here is some good news on the Ford side. I'm certain Lincoln will follow suit.