2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I bought one for peace of mind. My dealer offered me one for 7 years 125,000 miles for $3000. I bought the same one from Flood Ford Lincoln for $1960.

Flood and Ziegler are both recommended on the Blue Oval Forum. They offer legitimate Ford and Lincoln backed premium extended warranties for a lot less than most other dealers.

Ford/Lincoln announced price increases just after I bought mine so I'm not certain what the new prices are.

Voidoid

Couple of questions for those who received theirs already:

1. Is there any badging on the back to indicate it's a Grand Touring? I saw a Corsair in a parking lot recently with a small "2.3T" badge on the lower right of the liftgate, just curious is this model is badged aside from the blue flourish on the front logo and Corsair nameplate.

2. How's the torque? The Aviator GT is obviously a monster at 494hp/630lb-ft - obviously the Corsair won't be quite like that, but since all we have online is 266/??? I'd love to get a sense of how it feels to drive.

Appointment set for 10am tomorrow with the local Lincoln dealer. They've got one single Reserve sitting on the lot which I'll take for a spin and then place the order for the 2022 GT. Super stoked!!

Last edited:

SoCalDan

I bought one for peace of mind. My dealer offered me one for 7 years 125,000 miles for $3000. I bought the same one from Flood Ford Lincoln for $1960.

Flood and Ziegler are both recommended on the Blue Oval Forum. They offer legitimate Ford and Lincoln backed premium extended warranties for a lot less than most other dealers.

Ford/Lincoln announced price increases just after I bought mine so I'm not certain what the new prices are.

Awesome Tip RedHoncho!! You just saved me a bucket of money. I owe you a virtual beer!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Couple of questions for those who received theirs already:

1. Is there any badging on the back to indicate it's a Grand Touring? I saw a Corsair in a parking lot recently with a small "2.3T" badge on the lower right of the liftgate, just curious is this model is badged aside from the blue flourish on the front logo and Corsair nameplate.

2. How's the torque? The Aviator GT is obviously a monster at 494hp/630lb-ft - obviously the Corsair won't be quite like that, but since all we have online is 266/??? I'd love to get a sense of how it feels to drive.

Appointment set for 10am tomorrow with the local Lincoln dealer. They've got one single Reserve sitting on the lot which I'll take for a spin and then place the order for the 2022 GT. Super stoked!!
There is no badging that says GT. The Lincoln star on the grill and the lettering on the Corsair badges on the doors are filled in with blue. That is the only distinction other than the obvious charge port door on the left fender.

I don't know what the torque ratings are but there is definitely power on demand. I went from a Lincoln Nautilus Reserve with the 2.7L engine and AWD. I don't see a whole lot of difference between the Nautilus and the Corsair GT.

bbf2530

Got the call today! My GT has arrived at the dealer and they're prepping it for me to pick up on Saturday! :D
Missed the great Lincoln rates by just a few days though...

Hi SoCalDan. A Dealer can usually hold the prevailing incentives/offers and rates from the date of order. Then the buyer can get the bettter of either what was available at time of the order, or at the time of purchase when the vehicel arrives.

Ask your Dealer why they are not eligible.

Perhaps the pandemic induced shortages and delays have changed that, but the Dealer should explain this to you and why.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

bbf2530

Thanks RedHoncho! I'll give that a try. :cool:

A little off-topic, but might I ask if you bought an extended service contract (or if any other GT peeps on this thread wish to comment)? Worth the extra $$ in your opinion?

Hi SoCalDan. Due to the way the forum links to the oldest of the unread posts, I missed a lot of Red Honcho's and others replies to you, so some of my information was repetitive.

However, for others interested or wondering about whether to purchase an ESP warranty, I second Red Honcho's advice. Especially since I am the one who most often recommends both Zeigler and Flood Ford here, on Blue Oval and other forums...:D

After extensive online and local Dealer price shopping, I have purchased my last 4 LincolnProtect ESP contracts from Zeigler Automotive. They were always the lowest price offered, with Flood Ford always being a close second, within $10-$20. But either way, both were consistently far less expensive than my local Lincoln or Ford Dealers.

Zeigler LincolnProtect: Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) - Lincoln Extended Warranty Cost | Zeigler Ford ESP
Flood Ford LincolnProtect: Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

You can also find many other online sellers by Googling "Lincoln ESP Plans": Lincoln ESP Plans - Google Search

Hope this information helps and good luck.

SoCalDan

Thanks bbf2530. Awesome information as well - I'm checking out Zeigler now.

What a great forum this is - love the comradery, support, and information sharing.

Pics and performance reviews coming, hopefully tomorrow night!

Voidoid

ORDER PLACED: 2022 Corsair Grand Touring in Flight Blue with Ebony interior. Luckily we're able to get the A/Z pricing as my in-laws are both retired Ford folks in Detroit. Was also able to convince the dealer to give me priority code 10 instead of 19, so maybe that'll push it up the queue a bit. 2022 production is slated to start the first week of November, hopefully my vehicle will be close to the front of the line depending on all the various factors at play.

Test drove the only Corsair they had on the lot (Reserve with the black monochrome package) and it had the HUD - loved it, so I added that package to my order. I'll gladly up my monthly payment by ten bucks or whatever to have the HUD and the bumpin' stereo.

A sincere thank you for everyone's input on this forum, you have all been hugely informative and helpful.

Hopefully SoCalDan is enjoying his first day in his new ride!

SoCalDan

The eagle has landed! And as advertised - quiet, comfortable, very responsive, nice lines, rockin' sound system, the unfortunate but necessary whistling noise (to keep from killing people by driving silently), and overall a good dealer experience. While they are marking up Corsairs by $5K OVER MSRP (and other Lincolns by 10-15K) they honored the purchase price from my order, offered me the great finance rates that had recently expired, and matched the Premium+ service contract price at $1200 for 60K/8Y (after trying to sell it to me for $3400 - lol). Here she is:

Lincoln.jpg

JB IN AZ

The eagle has landed! And as advertised - quiet, comfortable, very responsive, nice lines, rockin' sound system, the unfortunate but necessary whistling noise (to keep from killing people by driving silently), and overall a good dealer experience. While they are marking up Corsairs by $5K OVER MSRP (and other Lincolns by 10-15K) they honored the purchase price from my order, offered me the great finance rates that had recently expired, and matched the Premium+ service contract price at $1200 for 60K/8Y (after trying to sell it to me for $3400 - lol). Here she is:

View attachment 11491
BEAUTIFUL! Please enjoy as much (or more than) I enjoy my '21 Reserve 2.0T.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio

View attachment 11491
That's a beautiful color.

I'm glad your dealer honored the original order price and negotiated on the loan terms and the ESP price. My dealer wouldn't match the ESP price so I went with Flood.

As far as I know, my dealer is sticking to MSRP and not marking up the vehicles. They have quite a bit of inventory now.

I just got my points yesterday on My Lincoln Rewards in the amount of 50,000 points. I had called the Lincoln Concierge earlier in the week but they didn't know the amount. They said probably between 35,000 - 40,000.

Check your version of SYNC and maps. Mine shipped with older versions of both. I ended up having to drive around to get the updates to work. Even though I set the vehicle to not turn off the updates were taking REALLY long. Once I was driving around it worked fine. I did have to pull over and do an ignition restart to complete both updates.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I took a test drive this morning since my battery was close to being depleted according to the icon on the dash screen. I had 7 miles of battery power left.

Driving at 55 MPH was done in all EV. The dash screen showed Electric Driving. This was a surprise to me as I figured once you got out of city speed limits the ICE would kick in. I got out onto the highway at 70MPH and the gas engine did kick in as well as the electric motors. There was plenty of power available whenever I hit the accelerator. As I neared town I noticed the battery was showing it was depleted. However, when I got into town at 25 - 35 MPH speeds I was still driving in electric mode with the dash screen still showing the battery was depleted. I drove like this for 4 miles to my house.

I believe the range on the battery is much further than 32 miles when fully charged. This may be due to the speeds I was driving too.

I will say I had the vehicle in Normal driving mode the entire time. When I was out on the highway I scrolled through some of the other driving modes and there are definite differences between each mode. Future road trips will involve putting the vehicle into one of those modes for the entire trip just to see how it performs in different circumstances.

On a side note, when I stopped in at Starbucks this morning there was a woman in a Toyota RAV4 PHEV. As she backed out of the parking place it emitted a very loud noise that I could only describe as something coming out of the sound system at a haunted house. When she put the vehicle in drive it emitted the same sound albeit at a much lower volume. I won't complain about the EV sounds my Corsair makes ever again. :ROFLMAO:

SimpleSimon

I took a test drive this morning since my battery was close to being depleted according to the icon on the dash screen. I had 7 miles of battery power left.

Driving at 55 MPH was done in all EV. The dash screen showed Electric Driving. This was a surprise to me as I figured once you got out of city speed limits the ICE would kick in. I got out onto the highway at 70MPH and the gas engine did kick in as well as the electric motors. There was plenty of power available whenever I hit the accelerator. As I neared town I noticed the battery was showing it was depleted. However, when I got into town at 25 - 35 MPH speeds I was still driving in electric mode with the dash screen still showing the battery was depleted. I drove like this for 4 miles to my house.

I believe the range on the battery is much further than 32 miles when fully charged. This may be due to the speeds I was driving too.

I will say I had the vehicle in Normal driving mode the entire time. When I was out on the highway I scrolled through some of the other driving modes and there are definite differences between each mode. Future road trips will involve putting the vehicle into one of those modes for the entire trip just to see how it performs in different circumstances.

On a side note, when I stopped in at Starbucks this morning there was a woman in a Toyota RAV4 PHEV. As she backed out of the parking place it emitted a very loud noise that I could only describe as something coming out of the sound system at a haunted house. When she put the vehicle in drive it emitted the same sound albeit at a much lower volume. I won't complain about the EV sounds my Corsair makes ever again. :ROFLMAO:
I think that extra mileage you're getting is from the battery being charged by the regenerative braking and ICE charging. The most I have gotten is 32 miles all electric when driving around town.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I just got my points yesterday on My Lincoln Rewards in the amount of 50,000 points. I had called the Lincoln Concierge earlier in the week but they didn't know the amount. They said probably between 35,000 - 40,000.
Wait, should I be expecting points with the purchase of the car? What do I need? (I have a Ford account and just signed up for Lincoln using the VIN of the new car due Oct 20th).

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Wait, should I be expecting points with the purchase of the car? What do I need? (I have a Ford account and just signed up for Lincoln using the VIN of the new car due Oct 20th).
Sign up on the Lincoln website for My Lincoln Rewards. You get points for every service visit plus vehicle purchases. You can redeem them on the website for merchandise or bank them to pay for service visits.

tgara

You have to activate the modem in your car and join the Lincoln Rewards program, and the points will be credited to your account.

The points for a car purchase are tiered depending on the trim level. Last I checked, Standard is 50,000, Reserve is 60,000 points, Black Label is 70,000.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
You have to activate the modem in your car and join the Lincoln Rewards program, and the points will be credited to your account.

The points for a car purchase are tiered depending on the trim level. Last I checked, Standard is 50,000, Reserve is 60,000 points, Black Label is 70,000.
It is also scaled to vehicle size. Corsair maxes out at 50,000.