2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

SoCalDan

This morning the tracking site shows my GT went into production yesterday (9/17) with an Expected Delivery Date of October 19th!! So, one more month to go...
OK, so tonight the Expected Delivery Date got pushed to October 21st. Two extra days, but maybe they're dialing it in. Hopefully, not the beginning of a trend... ;)

SoCalDan

OK, so tonight the Expected Delivery Date got pushed to October 21st. Two extra days, but maybe they're dialing it in. Hopefully, not the beginning of a trend... ;)
I guess it's not an exact science. :) This morning the delivery date is back to October 19th, and now the car is no longer in production, but moved to Step 3 - "Built" - so I guess I can infer that build time = 2 days (approx.). The site message now reads "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week."

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I guess it's not an exact science. :) This morning the delivery date is back to October 19th, and now the car is no longer in production, but moved to Step 3 - "Built" - so I guess I can infer that build time = 2 days (approx.). The site message now reads "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week."
Here is a website you can use to track the transport of your vehicle. You need the VIN number.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
My "blend" date was today. No change in status (still shows in production with n/a under those words). I guess a watched pot....

I do see the count of GT's (according to Lincoln site within 500 miles of me - San Francisco) has risen from 14 to 22!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
My "blend" date was today. No change in status (still shows in production with n/a under those words). I guess a watched pot....

I do see the count of GT's (according to Lincoln site within 500 miles of me - San Francisco) has risen from 14 to 22!
The blend date is when parts are scheduled for assembly. It is usually a couple of days before the actual build date. My blend date is also 9/22 and my build date is 9/24.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Congrats! Mine shows “built” 10/20 but on the little time line and expected delivery date at the bottom of 10/20. I think I’ll wait to see the status evolve over time.

Attachments

• DB5CDE8E-313E-4B3A-B74D-72E11DBE76C0.png
    DB5CDE8E-313E-4B3A-B74D-72E11DBE76C0.png
    552.9 KB · Views: 8

Voidoid

Congrats! Mine shows “built” 10/20 but on the little time line and expected delivery date at the bottom of 10/20. I think I’ll wait to see the status evolve over time.
Hey Pabaldeagle, is that Flight Blue or Artisan Blue? I am trying to decide between the two...

SoCalDan

Congrats PAbaldeagle - you're one day behind mine, and today I got to step 4 - Shipped:

VEHICLE STATUS​

Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built.

I picked the blue as well, Artisan over Flight - Flight blue is a dark blue, while Artisan is richer blue - both are nice.

SoCalDan

Artisan. I couldn’t tell if the Flight was too “grey” for me from the tiny online images. I later saw a Nautilus in Flight and liked it a lot. Now I wonder if Artisan will be too “bright”.
They have the Corsair Reserve in Artisan blue at the Lincoln Experience Center in Newport Beach, if you want to see it in person. Didn't feel too bright to my old eyes...

SimpleSimon

Artisan. I couldn’t tell if the Flight was too “grey” for me from the tiny online images. I later saw a Nautilus in Flight and liked it a lot. Now I wonder if Artisan will be too “bright”.
The flight blue online looks a bit brighter than it is in person.

Voidoid

My wife's Fusion is in the Velocity Blue color (bright!) so I am leaning towards Flight... don't really want to be "the really bright blue car family" on the block.

SoCalDan

For those considering Blue colored Corsair GTs, it looks like the 2022 model year brings some color changes:

1632675305877.png

Also, I've seen NO dealer orders for a GT in Artisan Blue, so other then special orders that have been placed for delivery prior to the 2022 model year, that will be a rare colored GT. Curious about the Elite Blue Metallic and Ocean Drive Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat colors, but not enough to wait... ;)

Attachments

• 1632675063096.png
    1632675063096.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 2

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I ordered mine in Burgundy Velvet, the same color as my Nautilus. In fact, the wheels look the same as my Nautilus Reserve, albeit a bit smaller. My Corsair GT looks like a mini-me of my Nautilus.

I believe all of those colors for the 2022 will be premium colors much like the ones for 2021 carrying a $695 premium. It kind of pisses me off when you order the most premium trim level in Corsair and you get the upcharge for a paint color. Black Label vehicles don't have that upcharge unless you choose one of the Chroma colors that carry a HUGE upcharge of $1695.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I just found out from a contact on Blue Oval Forum that my GT was released to the body shop on 9/23 but hasn't been built yet. It is in some sort of limbo. The order tracking site says the estimated arrival date at my dealer is 10/7. :(