2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Yeah, I can't imagine it being built and shipped before 10/4. One can hope.

Soon, you should be able to get your Window Sticker from the button on the bottom right. Makes it more real... :)

No sticker available yet. I like how the order status site says “Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days.” Ha! A few days….

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
My vehicle moved from Order Confirmed to In Production. There isn't a date but I was able to print the window sticker.

The GT my dealer ordered for inventory finally arrived. I may see if I can get a test drive tomorrow just to get a feel for how it drives. It's configured exactly like mine except for body color and they opted for the 20" wheels. I didn't want to pay $2000 for bigger wheels.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
As of today....we have a window sticker!!! Interesting to see it outlined in green, emphasizing the PHEV nature I suppose. I must have a lot of pull. They even threw in (at no extra charge) a front license plate bracket!?! Take that Audi!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
My sticker appeared today as well. It shows a blend date of 9/22 which means when they will sequence the parts for the build. This would fit with the build date of 9/24 that I have been given by my dealer and Lincoln Concierge.

The front license plate bracket is included for vehicles in states that require them. Ohio no longer requires front license plates. I'm kind of glad about that.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
There are a bunch of numbers in the upper left corner. One string reads "LOU -000505". Any guesses what this means? Do you think this means it is the 505th Corsair GT made, I don't know, this month at the Louisville plant? This site shows they sell a couple thousand a month of all models.

bbf2530

Just got my VIN today!! Using the order tracking site I see no expected delivery date but was able to confirm the VIN includes all my requested features/options. Mine wasn't ordered until 8/2 (I was going to hold out for a test drive but counting on it being at least as nice as 2.3L ICE).

Nice to have it here before the 0% financing expires (fat chance....) Perhaps it will be extended?

Hi Pabaldeagle. Dealers can usually lock in the current Offers and Incentives when you place your factory order. Then you are eligible for either what was available when you ordered, or when your vehicle arrives...whichever is better for you.

You need to discuss this with your Dealer representative. Or preferably the Sales Manager.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

SoCalDan

There are a bunch of numbers in the upper left corner. One string reads "LOU -000505". Any guesses what this means? Do you think this means it is the 505th Corsair GT made, I don't know, this month at the Louisville plant? This site shows they sell a couple thousand a month of all models.
Hmm... mine reads LOU-000349 with a Blend date of 9-20-21. Placed my order on 7-13. Listed on the Window Sticker under SPECIAL ORDER is 9-13-21. Perhaps that's enough info to deduce from? :)

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
My blend (just learned that means all parts available to begin assembly) is 9/22, ordered 8/3. Under special order mine says 9 15 21.

Missing from the sticker are any details about country of origin. My son's 2018 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel showed (to my surprise) transmission from Germany and engine from Italy. Since this Corsair sticker shows no info about parts content, safe to assume all is 'merican?

tgara

As of today....we have a window sticker!!! Interesting to see it outlined in green, emphasizing the PHEV nature I suppose. I must have a lot of pull. They even threw in (at no extra charge) a front license plate bracket!?! Take that Audi!
I don't think the green outline means PHEV. My (special order) Nautilus had it when my car was built and it's a regular gas engine. I think the general consensus is that the green window sticker means a special order, but I'm not entirely convinced of that.

And yes, a front license plate bracket is included in states that require front license plates. Has nothing to do with the customer, it's a state requirement. So you don't have as much pull as you thought! 😁

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I went to my dealer today to drive a GT they had just received this week. This one was completely loaded including the $2000 20" wheels. The salesman went with me on our ride so he could explain some of the features and answer questions. The only dislike I had was the pedestrian sounder at low speeds with the EV mode engaged. It was loud and I could hear it inside the vehicle with the windows and panoramic roof closed. The sounder is to alert pedestrians when you are driving in EV only mode.

I kept the vehicle in all EV mode because this will be most of my driving. We took it on a 10 mile trip including freeway driving. When I accelerated, it stayed in EV mode until I reached highway speeds and the gas engine kicked in. I couldn't perceive when the gas engine engaged other than a message on the driver's display. Acceleration was smooth and fairly quick but not as quick as my 2.7L twin turbo Nautilus. I felt comfortable merging into fairly busy highway traffic and that's all that matters. This vehicle isn't going to win any drag races.

The ride quality was excellent as this one was equipped with the adaptive suspension. Cornering was excellent and I believe better than my Nautilus. It was very quiet inside during the entire ride.

I noticed the ventilated seats REALLY move the air, much more so than the ones in my Nautilus. This was a plus to me.

I was amazed at how far forward the rear seats move. The salesman said it was 6". This is strictly for making more cargo room as there is very little space left for legroom against the rear of the front seats when they are pulled all the way forward. You can adjust them as far forward as you deem necessary. It is a manual movement done by pulling up on a bar near the bottom of the seats. The rear seats also manually recline as well as automatically fold forward via the press of buttons in the cargo area.

The Revel audio system was very nice. My Nautilus has the Revel Ultima sound system so this was a small step below but still far superior to any standard sound systems found in most other vehicles.

The wireless phone charger wasn't where I expected it to be. It is in the armrest. The phone slides into a holder vertically leaving room for storage inside the bin. There is also a door in the console that slides forward for storage that has a 12V power port along with a USB port. I didn't spend too much time looking for other power ports or USB ports as my salesmen came in today as a favor to me since it was his day off.

Overall, I think I made a wise choice in vehicles and I will be happy with it for many years. I'm looking forward to getting mine soon and giving it more realistic day to day driving.

ICBruin

RedHoncho, you mention that the gas engine kicked in at highway speeds. Does that mean that you are not able to stay in EV mode after you reach highway speed?

LinkedMe

RedHoncho

RedHoncho Thanks for for your insights. I've driven the Corsair, but waiting to try the GT. I too have the 2.7 in a MKX and definitely leaning toward the Corsair GT.......just need some saddle time before I pull the trigger. How did the CVT trans seem, good or "rubbery"?

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio

RedHoncho

RedHoncho Thanks for for your insights. I've driven the Corsair, but waiting to try the GT. I too have the 2.7 in a MKX and definitely leaning toward the Corsair GT.......just need some saddle time before I pull the trigger. How did the CVT trans seem, good or "rubbery"?
The CVT was smooth as silk. The last vehicle I drove with a CVT was a 2014 Honda Accord that I had a company car. The GT was vastly superior. When I punched the accelerator, I could hear some engine noise but it wasn't as loud as my Nautilus. Acceleration was very good but this vehicle won't win any drag races.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I wonder the same. Reading the manual (here) it seems "pure EV" can become blended with ICE.
At some point the demand for power outstrips the EV and the ICE kicks in. I was in some heavy traffic attempting to merge onto the freeway so I couldn't watch the speedometer like I wanted. I think I was at around 60 MPH when the ICE kicked in. You only have ~28 miles with pure EV mode and then the ICE will kick in and the vehicle will drive as a hybrid.

LinkedMe

The CVT was smooth as silk. The last vehicle I drove with a CVT was a 2014 Honda Accord that I had a company car. The GT was vastly superior. When I punched the accelerator, I could hear some engine noise but it wasn't as loud as my Nautilus. Acceleration was very good but this vehicle won't win any drag races.
Great to know, thank you......Keeping the GT on my "Short-List"

JB IN AZ

Glad to hear that some who are expecting their GTs are getting close, and at least one dealer had one for a test drive!

I suddenly needed a car in April '21. While I would have loved to get the GT, my dealer had a RED Reserve 2.0T with 201A pkg. that came very close to the way I would have ordered one if I had the time, so I bought it. Considering the current automotive sales environment, I have No regrets. I now have over 11,000 miles in almost 5 months.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I saw these performance specs the other day. Not sure about the accuracy but I wish it was a bit faster.https://www.carindigo.com/lincoln/corsair-plug-in-hybrid-suv/0to60
I don't buy it...The section showing "all trims (here)" shows a wide variance and they have not reviewed the GT. I doubt these guys got their hands on one (who has??). This entertaining video shows how misleading 0-60 is anyway, but I'll admit I'm anxious to try for myself...(after a gentle break in period if I'm testing on my own car!).