2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

SimpleSimon

Today I reached the first 1000 miles in my GT. I've been doing a lot of out of town driving and this vehicle is for both work and personal use. I'm trying to charge at public stations when I'm out of town and usually when I'm choosing the hotel I will stay at I look for a charging station nearby. Charging has been free everywhere I've gone so far. I think that will change once EVs become more abundant.

Right now I'm averaging roughly 60mpg with mostly highway driving and charging at least 40% every day.

My other daily driver is a 2016 VW GTI which is a zippy little hatchback. The Corsair's performance is nowhere near the GTI's but that's comparing a luxury comfort vehicle to a performance hatchback.

Steering in the Corsair is a bit too light for my tastes but I can adapt. The cornering is good, but there is considerable feeling of body roll when driving on a highway ramp, for example. Bumps in the road are absorbed well. On the highway the vehicle does tend to wander a bit, I think because of the light steering feel. I was usually driving 75 mph on highways and acceleration more than sufficient when entering from a highway ramp.

The ride is overall much quieter than I'm used to. With the panoramic roof window headliner retracted the noise gets a bit louder. Otherwise I haven't experienced any rattles or strange noises. The 2.5L Atkinson sort of sounds like a diesel engine I had in a VW a while back, much less refined than I expected. The pedestrian warning system when running on battery is kind of tacky and I wish it was a bit quieter. But these are trivial things and don't distract me much. The Revel sound system is good, and let's you select soundstages (audience or stage). Bass performance in the 80Hz range is strong but not much below that. I wouldn't consider it an audiophile system but it's an improvement over most car stereos. Speaking of the infotainment system, the Sync 3 system has worked pretty flawlessly. I use Android Auto on my Note 20 5G phone and all navigation is done through Google maps. I play music through Spotify and XM and haven't run into any issues.

Overall I am happy with the car and hope it serves well for the next couple of years. Comfort and interior finish is top notch. No regrets so far!

bbf2530

My 2021 Corsair Grand Touring has a turbo 2.5 in-line 4.

Hi paddy. Just as an FYI: The 2.5 I-4 engine in your Corsair GT is not a turbocharged engine.

It is a "2.5L i-VCT Atkinson I-4 Hybrid" engine.

Good luck.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
My current open question: Is the only mode to charge the main battery "Preserve EV"? I understand dynamic braking charges, but is this in all modes or just PEV? Does it charge while driving or only braking?
Drove into the City today. With this added saddle time I've concluded "Normal" will run ones EV battery down to nothing. Switching to "Preserve" when I hit range = 0 and while on the highway (minimal braking) it did charge the high voltage battery, at a rate of about 1 mile range for every ten driven. Enough to stealthily cruise back into my neighborhood from the highway.

Delighted with the Corsair GT so far with two minor irritants. The drive seat squeaks when going over bumps. I hope to isolate and suppress with a shot of silicone spray, or see if it wears quiet after a while (music seemed to cure it for now). The second is the seat sides feel tight even when fully "relaxed/open". I am enjoying the seat lengthening under my quads so the 24way were a good choice, but I guess have to get used to the "hug".

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Can anyone explain/confirm that 1) the GT has two electric motors as it says here and 2) does that mean one powers the front wheels (in addition to Atkinson ICE) and one the rear?

I THINK that is correct since when in pure EV mode, I see on the “power distribution“ graphic a periodic split between power coming from the front wheels and the rear (I understand the ICE could be turning on even in Pure EV mode, but don’t believe the ICE is running when this “front and rear” graphic is showing.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Can anyone explain/confirm that 1) the GT has two electric motors as it says here and 2) does that mean one powers the front wheels (in addition to Atkinson ICE) and one the rear?

I THINK that is correct since when in pure EV mode, I see on the “power distribution“ graphic a periodic split between power coming from the front wheels and the rear (I understand the ICE could be turning on even in Pure EV mode, but don’t believe the ICE is running when this “front and rear” graphic is showing.
There are actually three electric motors in addition to the ICE Atkinson. Two power the front wheels and one powers the rear wheels. If you pop open your hood you will see 3 bright orange cables. These provide the power to the electric motors.

I also played around with various drive modes this weekend as we attended a Columbus Symphony performance Saturday night. I drove to the venue in normal mode. By the time we arrived, we had 2 miles left of electric power. The parking garage across from the venue has several free charging stations so I plugged into one of those so it could charge during our performance. By the time we left, the vehicle was fully charged. Half the way home, I put the drive mode into preserve mode and noticed that it was charging at a rate of 1 mile electric per 10 miles travelled as well.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Off to a good start! Glad to hear.

I’ve put in my 250 outlet in my garage (son is an electrician) in anticipation of plugging in the portable charger which I assume comes with the Corsair. Can you confirm it does and is it the Lincoln branded Webasto shown here?
I also had a 250V outlet installed in my garage but I had to pay $1 per volt. :) That's not bad considering some of the quotes I received from other companies.

I'm certain you have found out the Webasto charging cable comes with the vehicle along with a cover plate to keep the cord locked into place.

I did purchase a cable management holder that I will install later this week. That way my cord isn't piled on the floor when not in use.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
There are actually three electric motors in addition to the ICE Atkinson. Two power the front wheels and one powers the rear wheels. If you pop open your hood you will see 3 bright orange cables. These provide the power to the electric motors.

I also played around with various drive modes this weekend as we attended a Columbus Symphony performance Saturday night. I drove to the venue in normal mode. By the time we arrived, we had 2 miles left of electric power. The parking garage across from the venue has several free charging stations so I plugged into one of those so it could charge during our performance. By the time we left, the vehicle was fully charged. Half the way home, I put the drive mode into preserve mode and noticed that it was charging at a rate of 1 mile electric per 10 miles travelled as well.
I stand corrected. There are only 2 electric motors plus the ICE Atkinson.

The fact sheet you posted was the one I was searching for regarding the atributes of the drive modes. Thanks for posting that.