2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

HonestZabe

Talked to my dealer about my canceled order and a new order for a 22. I'm not sure about the article posted about incentives for those who's were canceled, but my dealer gave me an additional $1500 off of the 2021 price and is working with the scheduler to get my priority code bumped up to a 02 (basically, ASAP). So, I'll paying close to $5000 below MSRP for a 2022, but I'll likely end up waiting over 6 months in total to get the car. Estimates on first 22 Corsairs is still January according to what my dealer said after talking to Ford scheduler.

Saw on the lincoln site financing page that the 0% is still available. Looks like they might keep it for a while since financing is the only place Ford, and other Auto manufacturers, had made money in the last several years, even before COVID stuff.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Talked to my dealer about my canceled order and a new order for a 22. I'm not sure about the article posted about incentives for those who's were canceled, but my dealer gave me an additional $1500 off of the 2021 price and is working with the scheduler to get my priority code bumped up to a 02 (basically, ASAP). So, I'll paying close to $5000 below MSRP for a 2022, but I'll likely end up waiting over 6 months in total to get the car. Estimates on first 22 Corsairs is still January according to what my dealer said after talking to Ford scheduler.

Saw on the lincoln site financing page that the 0% is still available. Looks like they might keep it for a while since financing is the only place Ford, and other Auto manufacturers, had made money in the last several years, even before COVID stuff.
That's great news. 3 months is about the usual waiting time for a new vehicle. I ordered mine on 7/5 and received it on 10/1.

I'm not certain where you reside but transporation can make up a lot of the waiting time. My Columbus, Ohio dealer is less than 200 miles from the assembly plant in Louisville, Kentucky. My vehicle was shipped and received the same day.

If you are far away, your vehicle will go by truck to a rail yard, train to a rail yard close to your destination and then truck to your dealer.

PaddyH01

Hey guys, I just learned that the 2021 Corsair GT I ordered at the beginning of June has been assigned a VIN and should arrive at my local dealership within the next month. So I thought it would be good to have a thread about the GT trim. This will be my second Lincoln ever, my first being a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII. I test drove the Corsair back in June and loved the quietness and looks of it. I was looking at a Reserve trim but when I heard the GT would be an electric hybrid I ordered one the next day. I almost went with a Mach-E but I don't think I'm ready for a fully electric car yet (because of work travel).

Let's see who else has one on order or maybe already has one parked in their garage...
Just got our 2021 Corsair GT three weeks ago. I had a 220 charger installed and have mainly driven on electric for three weeks. It take about 2 hours to get 30 miles of all electric. The tax folks allow you a $6,843 tax credit for the 2021 Corsair GT (IRS Form 8936) and a 30% of the install cost of your charging station tax credit (IRS Form 8911). We love the car but it has been a bit spooky with the near silence inside. The electric pulls away faster than gas. We ordered the car in June and the wait has been more than worth it.

The Corsair GT tax credit amount comes from IRC 30D New Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit | Internal Revenue Service . Here is another great site to compare PHEV and EVs. Compare Side-by-Side

Attachments

• Alternate Fuel IRS f8911.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Instructions Form 8936.pdf
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Instructions Form i8911.pdf
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IRS Form f8936.pdf
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2021-Lincoln-Car-Truck-Hybrid-warranty-version-2_frdwa_EN_07_2020.pdf
    355.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

PaddyH01

Curious. If you google your VIN, does it come up with anything? The few “GT”’s listed on car.com have VIN but don’t seem to be really PHEVs. I’m trying to get some intel that the Louisville plant is really and truly building and shipping Corsair GTs.
Our 2021 Corsair GT just came three weeks ago from the Louisville plant. The VIN showed up two months ago and only showed a 2021 Corsair on my smartphone's Lincoln Way app.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I’m deflated. On my way to pick up the car I got a call. During final dealer inspection, the check engine light came on. They are keeping it a few days to figure out the cause. The water pump was mentioned but honestly I tuned out as I pulled u-turn to head back home. No wine before it’s time. Perhaps Monday….

JB IN AZ

Deflated is so weak a word, but I totally feel your pain!

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
So, apparently error code indicated low coolant on hybrid battery cooling system. Service says it went out on its own and may have been an “air bubble” in the new system. Hmmm. I’ve asked for a copy of the service report. Any experience with this or thoughts?

syl

I have no experience with hybrids, so take this with a grain of salt, but an air pocket in the cooling system causing a sensor to (unnecessarily) set the check engine light is a real possibility. Some systems are self-bleeding, but the system (obviously?) needs to be running for that to happen. Others might need human intervention to bleed.

Voidoid

So, apparently error code indicated low coolant on hybrid battery cooling system. Service says it went out on its own and may have been an “air bubble” in the new system. Hmmm. I’ve asked for a copy of the service report. Any experience with this or thoughts?
Hey Pabaldeagle, any updates on the status of your vehicle? Hopefully you can pick it up soon!

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Hey, thanks for remembering. I feel the love!

IMG_2998.jpg
Home next to big brother Explorer Sport (which has an engine cover)

Pickup went smoothly, other than having 43 miles on it (while they "road tested" ala Ferris Bueller trying to determine if the initial check engine light was more than a fluke) and a few smudges on the cashew Scottish leather from careless testing technicians. Popped the hood and confirmed no engine cover. I'd hoped the manual was right and the forum wrong when it came to the GT but alas, naked engine. (Looked nuclear powered since it was my first car without an engine cover in 15+ years. Heck, I can't even identify where to connect cables should I need to jump it!)

I signed, paid, then sat in the parking lot setting a dozen settings I'd read about in the manual before my 90 mile drive home. Well, I got a few wrong! I set the Intelligent cruise control threshold to 15 thinking I didn't want "nanny" warning me if I was coasting over the posted speed limit. Turns out the car read the first 65MPH sign and the cruise control rocketed toward 80MPH!? D'oh! A flurry of "Set -, Set -, Set - etc..." to stay on the good side of the CHP only to have it lurch again toward 80 again at the next 65MPH sign. Exciting! I've since set this down to 4.

I also enabled "hold" and upon returning home inched into the garage looking to determine how far to pull in to clear the door. After a full stop I released the brake presuming to roll forward a few more inches. Nothing. I had to press the accelerator to overcome the "hold". This resulted in more of a lurch than I'd anticipated. I've turned this feature off until I can experiment around less scratchy-denty surroundings.

I also didn't realize/remember that the drive mode must be set at each drive. I initially selected "pure EV" to get a feel for sound and power, and noticed it returns to "normal" upon a restart. Too bad this isn't part of the profile memory.

My current open question: Is the only mode to charge the main battery "Preserve EV"? I understand dynamic braking charges, but is this in all modes or just PEV? Does it charge while driving or only braking?

I also updated Sync over wifi - took about 20 minutes to download and install while sitting in my garage.

I'm looking forward to more puttering with all settings and will enjoy walking 10 minutes to all stores since I'll be parking in the farthest reaches of the parking lots.

Last edited:

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio

View attachment 11608

Pickup went smoothly, other than having 43 miles on it (while they "road tested" ala Ferris Bueller trying to determine if the initial check engine light was more than a fluke) and a few smudges on the cashew Scottish leather from careless testing technicians. Popped the hood and confirmed no engine cover. I'd hoped the manual was right and the forum wrong when it came to the GT but alas, naked engine. (Looked nuclear powered since it was my first car without an engine cover in 15+ years. Heck, I can't even identify where to connect cables should I need to jump it!)

I signed, paid, then sat in the parking lot setting a dozen settings I'd read about in the manual before my 90 mile drive home. Well, I got a few wrong! I set the Intelligent cruise control threshold to 15 thinking I didn't want "nanny" warning me if I was coasting over the posted speed limit. Turns out the car read the first 65MPH sign and the cruise control rocketed toward 80MPH!? D'oh! A flurry of "Set -, Set -, Set - etc..." to stay on the good side of the CHP only to have it lurch again toward 80 again at the next 65MPH sign. Exciting! I've since set this down to 4.

I also enabled "hold" and upon returning home inched into the garage looking to determine how far to pull in to clear the door. After a full stop I released the brake presuming to roll forward a few more inches. Nothing. I had to press the accelerator to overcome the "hold". This resulted in more of a lurch than I'd anticipated. I've turned this feature off until I can experiment around less scratchy-denty surroundings.

I also didn't realize/remember that the drive mode must be set at each drive. I initially selected "pure EV" to get a feel for sound and power, and noticed it returns to "normal" upon a restart. Too bad this isn't part of the profile memory.

My current open question: Is the only mode to charge the main battery "Preserve EV"? I understand dynamic braking charges, but is this in all modes or just PEV?

I also updated Sync over wifi - took about 20 minutes to download and install while sitting in my garage.

I'm looking forward to more puttering with all settings and will enjoy walking 10 minutes to all stores since I'll be parking in the farthest reaches of the parking lots.
Hi Pabaldeagle. Nice looking ride!

Look on pages 207 - 209 and 313 - 315 in the owner's manual to learn about the various drive modes. There is another document somewhere that is strictly about this topic. I'll try to find it and tag you in the post.

JB IN AZ

Living in AZ,, we try to get to CA to "cool off" in the summer when we can. As we cross the border in Yuma, the posted speed in CA becomes 70 mph, but there are many signs that say trucks, trailers etc. are 55mph. WELL, the Corsair picks that up, slows me down to 60 mph (5 over as I have set) and I need to turn off the intelligent cruise and go back to adaptive. Just be aware of this.

Enjoy the car, looks beautiful!

PaddyH01

View attachment 11608

My current open question: Is the only mode to charge the main battery "Preserve EV"? I understand dynamic braking charges, but is this in all modes or just PEV? Does it charge while driving or only braking?

This sounds so much like my first experiences with my Corsair GT. I only have 600 miles on the car as of now. I have our car set for normal EV driving until the battery charge runs out (about 32 miles). On our last trip of over 30 miles I didn't feel the shift to gas the shift was so smooth. The only indication was the dash showed gas operation. I have been playing a game with the car and smooth stops. Driving coach tells you how much energy you recovered with your braking. If you are on gas operation, using the braking recovery energy, the car will shift back to EV, then back to gas when the braking recovery energy is used up. But again, you can't really tell unless you see the dash message change. The car does not charge while driving, except with braking energy recovery.

I did have a problem with the Lincoln supplied charger at the git go. It blew my Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) socket out. The dealer tested and replaced it and it worked fine after that, except 120VAC takes 8-10 hours to charge. It is capable of 220VAC operation with the correct 220VAC socket, a 6-20R wall receptacle. I bought a Grizzl-e 220VAC Extreme UL/CSA tested and certified charger with a weather-proof cable and a NEMA-4 metal case. It uses a "RV" 220VAC 14-50R socket. It charges the car in about 2 hours to full capacity.

I have gotten use to the "hold" function with a little time. I it's nice as you do not need to keep your foot on the brake to hold the car from moving at a light or on an incline.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Here is the website for Lincoln PHEVs
Thanks RedHoncho. I've watched it a dozen times but only recently driving helped it make sense. I THINK this says, if you want to charge your battery while driving, you must select Preserve, but I'll drive in "Normal" on my next highway trip (without braking) and see if I pick up a few miles of battery life.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Thanks RedHoncho. I've watched it a dozen times but only recently driving helped it make sense. I THINK this says, if you want to charge your battery while driving, you must select Preserve, but I'll drive in "Normal" on my next highway trip (without braking) and see if I pick up a few miles of battery life.
I usually drive in the normal mode around town. I have the Brake Coach set up to display. I drive around town in normal mode with EV driving. When I come to a stop sign, the Brake Coach comes up on the dash display to show how effective my braking was in transferring charge to the batteries.