2021 Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

HonestZabe

Talked to my dealer about my canceled order and a new order for a 22. I'm not sure about the article posted about incentives for those who's were canceled, but my dealer gave me an additional $1500 off of the 2021 price and is working with the scheduler to get my priority code bumped up to a 02 (basically, ASAP). So, I'll paying close to $5000 below MSRP for a 2022, but I'll likely end up waiting over 6 months in total to get the car. Estimates on first 22 Corsairs is still January according to what my dealer said after talking to Ford scheduler.

Saw on the lincoln site financing page that the 0% is still available. Looks like they might keep it for a while since financing is the only place Ford, and other Auto manufacturers, had made money in the last several years, even before COVID stuff.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Talked to my dealer about my canceled order and a new order for a 22. I'm not sure about the article posted about incentives for those who's were canceled, but my dealer gave me an additional $1500 off of the 2021 price and is working with the scheduler to get my priority code bumped up to a 02 (basically, ASAP). So, I'll paying close to $5000 below MSRP for a 2022, but I'll likely end up waiting over 6 months in total to get the car. Estimates on first 22 Corsairs is still January according to what my dealer said after talking to Ford scheduler.

Saw on the lincoln site financing page that the 0% is still available. Looks like they might keep it for a while since financing is the only place Ford, and other Auto manufacturers, had made money in the last several years, even before COVID stuff.
That's great news. 3 months is about the usual waiting time for a new vehicle. I ordered mine on 7/5 and received it on 10/1.

I'm not certain where you reside but transporation can make up a lot of the waiting time. My Columbus, Ohio dealer is less than 200 miles from the assembly plant in Louisville, Kentucky. My vehicle was shipped and received the same day.

If you are far away, your vehicle will go by truck to a rail yard, train to a rail yard close to your destination and then truck to your dealer.

PaddyH01

Curious. If you google your VIN, does it come up with anything? The few “GT”’s listed on car.com have VIN but don’t seem to be really PHEVs. I’m trying to get some intel that the Louisville plant is really and truly building and shipping Corsair GTs.
Our 2021 Corsair GT just came three weeks ago from the Louisville plant. The VIN showed up two months ago and only showed a 2021 Corsair on my smartphone's Lincoln Way app.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I’m deflated. On my way to pick up the car I got a call. During final dealer inspection, the check engine light came on. They are keeping it a few days to figure out the cause. The water pump was mentioned but honestly I tuned out as I pulled u-turn to head back home. No wine before it’s time. Perhaps Monday….

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
So, apparently error code indicated low coolant on hybrid battery cooling system. Service says it went out on its own and may have been an “air bubble” in the new system. Hmmm. I’ve asked for a copy of the service report. Any experience with this or thoughts?

syl

I have no experience with hybrids, so take this with a grain of salt, but an air pocket in the cooling system causing a sensor to (unnecessarily) set the check engine light is a real possibility. Some systems are self-bleeding, but the system (obviously?) needs to be running for that to happen. Others might need human intervention to bleed.