• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Navigator - Cargo Shelf

Mmaylock

I’m struggling to figure out how the cargo shelf is supposed to work. Page 303 of the owners manual makes it appear like you can use the lid from the rear compartment as the shelf. That’s not what I’m seeing. The hinged lid wont detach.
I’ve got the shorter wheelbase but am beginning to think it’s only available in the longer wheelbase.
The manual seems to indicate that it should be available in both short and long wheel bases.
Anyone get the cargo shelf figured out for a short wheelbase?
Thanks in advance...

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Last edited:

Mmaylock

Edit: We initially did not order the Cargo Convenience Package on our Black Label because I couldn't find any info on this as well. I thought it was a separate shelf or something. When I ran across this video, I texted the sales guy and had him add that package because it looks pretty cool. I will use this a lot for groceries, etc.
Thanks Black Label. That's it!
Unfortunately my salesman didn't order it... :-( That sux.
I saw it on on of the commercials and wanted it. Next time...

Z737

Dallas, TX
I’m struggling to figure out how the cargo shelf is supposed to work. Page 303 of the owners manual makes it appear like you can use the lid from the rear compartment as the shelf. That’s not what I’m seeing. The hinged lid wont detach.
I’ve got the shorter wheelbase but am beginning to think it’s only available in the longer wheelbase.
The manual seems to indicate that it should be available in both short and long wheel bases.
Anyone get the cargo shelf figured out for a short wheelbase?
Thanks in advance...
I have a 2019 Navigator with the regular wheelbase and the lid of the rear compartment does work as a shelf. It took me a couple of tries, but I got it to work. I did have to move the third row seats forward a bit to get it to work.

Mmaylock

You're welcome. what trim do you have, and how are you liking it?
You're welcome. what trim do you have, and how are you liking it?
I got the black monochromatic package with russet interior. The contrast of the russet and black on black is striking...

Liking it? I’m loving it!!! I’ve only had it a week and can’t get over how nice it is.
B9003C27-C9C6-4590-86E4-817266B67EDC.png 7F1737D9-DE16-4ECE-8983-BF42B4512BE2.png DB11DECA-366B-4693-9D1B-81C44A25F8D7.png

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Last edited:

Mmaylock

Nice. I really like the russet. My wife does not. Fortunately for me, that actually led us down the path to Black Label and the Chalet Theme. I do like the russet though.

Great to hear you are loving it. Can't wait to get mine.

Edit: Are those pics yours or stock pics?
Stock. From the Ford website. Weather has been crappy here in metro Detroit...

Mmaylock

Edit: We initially did not order the Cargo Convenience Package on our Black Label because I couldn't find any info on this as well. I thought it was a separate shelf or something. When I ran across this video, I texted the sales guy and had him add that package because it looks pretty cool. I will use this a lot for groceries, etc.

Attached is the 2020 Navigator order guide which was put out last year. On page 7, you can see the option code for the Cargo Management System is 76A. When I shared this info with my sales guy, he insisted it was only available in the longer wheel base.

Can you confirm that your sales guy was able to order the Cargo Management System? It has disappeared as an option in the "Build and Price". I even tried doing the build and price on the longer wheel base.

What's the truth here?

Attachments

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

Mmaylock

Yes, they did add it to the regular wheel base. They had an exact Black Label like what we ordered except this one had pass through vs. second row console. I will attach a pic to show that it is the regular wheel base. You can see the roof cross rails.

View attachment 7406
Very nice...

I called the Lincoln Concierge and went through the story on the shelf. She said it was available and was going to reach out to the dealer and call me back tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Mmaylock

Reach out to the dealer for what reason? Can it be retro fitted?
Well, interestingly enough, I told the Lincoln Concierge representative that the sales guy told me the cargo shelf is available on the long wheel base only and that I was confused because I had the published 2020 Navigator order guide with conflicting information.

My sense from the conversation was that, while she was stumped as to why it wasn't available in the Lincoln build and price, it is an available option and they were willing to do whatever was necessary to resolve the issue. We'll see how true that is tomorrow...

I also took a quick look at the cargo storage area last night. The tray appears to be held down with screws and a hopefully the new one would be a quick swap.

If not, maybe they can find out and tell me why it wasn't ordered when the sales guy agrees that I asked for it. Not to mention why either the sales guy lied to me about availability or didn't know how to order it. ;)

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

Mmaylock

Please give an update to what you learn from the Concierge. Hope it is resolved to your liking. This will be a good test of how the Concierge service works.
Well, the sales guy called me today. He's been working with the Lincoln Concierge and here's the offer.
They are still insisting it's only available in the longer wheelbase. They are going to order the cargo whatever kit, ($950) to change it over and may have to modify it to get it in. If I'm not happy, it's refundable. When the lease is up, it's mine to keep. Not optimal but what in life is? ;-)

HTML