• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Navigator Ambient Lights

JZ9177

I just got my vehicle and it doesn't have a color ambient light icon on the settings bar. There's no way to adjust the color. I have a 2019 Shelby and a 2018 F150 and they both have this function. It's also on p115 of the owners manual as a function. I got the Reserve monochromatic package, so I don't think it's an option I didn't select. Anyone have any idea what is going on? The Lincoln support chat guy was useless.

bbf2530

I just got my vehicle and it doesn't have a color ambient light icon on the settings bar. There's no way to adjust the color. I have a 2019 Shelby and a 2018 F150 and they both have this function. It's also on p115 of the owners manual as a function. I got the Reserve monochromatic package, so I don't think it's an option I didn't select. Anyone have any idea what is going on? The Lincoln support chat guy was useless.
Hi JZ. Just from an Internet outsiders experience, these issues are often times due to lack of familiarity with a new vehicle system.

That being said, I know in my MKZ the headlights need to be on to change/adjust the ambient lighting. So if you try to do it in daylight, it may not be possible in your Navigator. Have you had the headlights turned on when you tried to change the Ambient Lighting settings? If not, give it a try.

If that does not work, stop by your Dealership and ask your salesperson to show you. If he/she can not find the setting, then there is an issue and you should make a service appointment.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

JZ9177

Hi JZ. Just from an Internet outsiders experience, these issues are often times due to lack of familiarity with a new vehicle system.

That being said, I know in my MKZ the headlights need to be on to change/adjust the ambient lighting. So if you try to do it in daylight, it may not be possible in your Navigator. Have you had the headlights turned on when you tried to change the Ambient Lighting settings? If not, give it a try.

If that does not work, stop by your Dealership and ask your salesperson to show you. If he/she can not find the setting, then there is an issue and you should make a service appointment.

Thanks! I believe the headlights were on (it was nighttime in the garage. I have will ask the salesman today and let everyone know what I find.

bbf2530

Thanks! I believe the headlights were on (it was nighttime in the garage. I have will ask the salesman today and let everyone know what I find.
Hi JZ. Isn't complexity in new cars wonderful? ;) So...a new variable! Yay! lololol. :D

Just another wrinkle then. If you were in the garage and the engine was not started (or had the garage lights on and they are bright enough), the headlights may not have been on or may have gone off. Try it with the engine started and physical headlight switch set to "ON" (not "AUTO").

Just trying to save you a trip to the Dealer. Let us know and good luck.

dlcorbett

If your nav is like my 18 expy(and 18 nav i tested), no need to have the headlights on for ambient lights. They do cycle off after being on for long periods of time.

On your touchscreen, swipe right and tap on the settings icon. There should be an ambient lighting icon on the first on second page within the settings menu. If the color sliders are all in a straight line, your ambient lights are off, but tapping your color will turn them on and the slider will move up. At work but once i get home ill take a pic so you can see.

JZ9177

If your nav is like my 18 expy(and 18 nav i tested), no need to have the headlights on for ambient lights. They do cycle off after being on for long periods of time.

On your touchscreen, swipe right and tap on the settings icon. There should be an ambient lighting icon on the first on second page within the settings menu. If the color sliders are all in a straight line, your ambient lights are off, but tapping your color will turn them on and the slider will move up. At work but once i get home ill take a pic so you can see.
Thanks! The problem is I don't have the icon. I have it on my other vehicles with SYNC 3. But for some reason I think they may have removed that function for 2020--although the owners manual says it does have color adjustability

dlcorbett

Sounds like lincoln uploaded a faulty os to ur trucks computer. I would think a system update would fix that though.

bbf2530

Thanks! The problem is I don't have the icon. I have it on my other vehicles with SYNC 3. But for some reason I think they may have removed that function for 2020--although the owners manual says it does have color adjustability
Hi JZ. Lincoln did not remove the function. There is either a problem with your particular Navigator or perhaps the latest version of SYNC has changed the position in settings and you are looking in the wrong place.

Let us know what happens when you stop by your Dealership and speak to your salesperson. Good luck.

EdPoirier

i have a 2020 as well and the dealer confirmed that the ambient lighting tab to change colors is missing....he is hoping they will send a software update as it is listed in the manual as a feature for 2020 but doesn't work yet....

dlcorbett

Man i must say whoever is running these plants are doing a horrible job at QC, there should be no reason a luxury truck should be leaving that factory so much with a bolt missing or out of place let alone a whole damn selling feature.

Ekemp

I too have just purchased the 2020 reserve levels navigator and am running into the same issue. No one at the dealership including the mechanics could figure it out. I ended up just driving off and telling them to call me when the get an answer from Lincoln. Keep you posted.

JZ9177

Can you 2020 guys get your "welcome mats" to work? Welcome Lighting is accessible through the vehicle settings and is toggled on, but no projected "mats"

bbf2530

Can you 2020 guys get your "welcome mats" to work? Welcome Lighting is accessible through the vehicle settings and is toggled on, but no projected "mats"
Hi JZ. Do you have the folding mirrors turned off? In most previous Lincoln vehicles with auto folding mirrors, the welcome mat only shows when the mirrors are folded.

bbf2530

Ah. Let me see. I do have them turned on
Hi JZ. Are they actually folding and are you still getting no welcome mat when they are folded (at night, they won't illuminate in daylight)?

If the welcome mat lighting is turned on, the mirrors are folded and you are still getting no welcome mat, then you will need to have your Lincoln Service Department diagnose and correct the issue.

HTML