2020 Nautilus Interior Fuse Panel Location

tferia22

Hi all, I spent almost 2 hours trying to find the interior fuse panel location and I can not find it for the life of me. I called Lincoln, who called a dealership, and they both read me what it says in the owners manual, which is it located under the instrument cluster and to the left of the steering wheel... No Picture. Well, I already knew it said that, but the only "panel" I see in this location is a long panel (about width of seat), but it says in the corner "airbag". Internet no help either. Can someone PLEASE tell me where this is and how to access it in detail? I'm not very knowledgable, so please give me details, thank you!!

bbf2530

Hi all, I spent almost 2 hours trying to find the interior fuse panel location and I can not find it for the life of me. I called Lincoln, who called a dealership, and they both read me what it says in the owners manual, which is it located under the instrument cluster and to the left of the steering wheel... No Picture. Well, I already knew it said that, but the only "panel" I see in this location is a long panel (about width of seat), but it says in the corner "airbag". Internet no help either. Can someone PLEASE tell me where this is and how to access it in detail? I'm not very knowledgable, so please give me details, thank you!!
Hi tferia. If it is like many current Lincoln/Ford vehicles, it will be up under the instrument panel, to the left of the steering wheel, by the side kickpanel.

Think of it as being up above and to the left of the toes on your left foot, when it is sitting on the dead pedal/footrest.

You will need to put your drivers seat all the way back, then lay down on your back with your head in the footwell and feet outside the car.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

enigma-2

In addition, as it states in the owners manual,

Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel.
The fuse panel is under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column.

Note: It may be easier to access the fuse panel if you remove the finish trim piece.

tferia22

Hi tferia. If it is like many current Lincoln/Ford vehicles, it will be up under the instrument panel, to the left of the steering wheel, by the side kickpanel.

Think of it as being up above and to the left of the toes on your left foot, when it is sitting on the dead pedal/footrest.

You will need to put your drivers seat all the way back, then lay down on your back with your head in the footwell and feet outside the car.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. It is raining today here, but I will try that this week and post back of my findings.

tferia22

Hi, I just looked there, but no. It is just a carpet wall basically. This car is different than my other Fords/Lincolns. Why do they make this so difficult!? Thank you for your suggestion.

bbf2530

Hi, I just looked there, but no. It is just a carpet wall basically. This car is different than my other Fords/Lincolns. Why do they make this so difficult!? Thank you for your suggestion.

Hi tgeria. Sorry you are still having trouble finding it.

I would add that there would be no carpeting where I am attempting to describe. Look higher up, essentially in the top left area, up and under the entire dashboard.

Or alternately, remove the bottom left trim panel so you a have better view and access to the area below and to the left of the steering column///and behind the visible dashboard.

As enigma-2 posted, the Owners Manual states:
"Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel
The fuse panel is under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column.
Note: It may be easier to access the fuse panel if you remove the finish trim piece."

Mine are hard to access also (as I described), so I agree they could have been desigend to be more accessible.

tferia22

ok, will look again. If not, I will see if I take it to the dealer for an oil change soon anyway, and make them show me. Thanks again so much :)

enigma-2

I have a feeling that they make it difficult to access on purpose. Most people will just take it to their dealer rather than disassemble part of their car.

tferia22

Yes, I give up. I take it for an oil change in a couple weeks. Will ask them then. Thanks everyone.