2020 MKZ Remote start on key fob doesn't work

michaelwatson

Help, Remote start from key fob for my 2020 MKZ it only works within about 10 feet from car, web site shows it works within 300 feet. Concierge wasn't sure about this. I just bought my new car 4 days ago and if a simple solution doesn't come from the forum I will let Lincoln service address the issue. Thanks in advance.

michaelwatson

Maybe try changing the remote battery. I know it's new, but that would be the simplest, cheapest thing to try before taking it in.
Thank you, I will try that. But I did try the other new fob and same results. Also from my window the fob will pop the trunk and close the trunk, so I know that it is working some what.

bbf2530

Help, Remote start from key fob for my 2020 MKZ it only works within about 10 feet from car, web site shows it works within 300 feet. Concierge wasn't sure about this. I just bought my new car 4 days ago and if a simple solution doesn't come from the forum I will let Lincoln service address the issue. Thanks in advance.
Hi mw. I have never tried to determine the absolute maximum range for the IKT/keyfob remote start. However, I know from personal experience that it will work at a range of over 100 feet.

If yours will not work at a range further then 10 feet, I would have it looked at next time your car is in for service.

Keep us updated and good luck.

michaelwatson

Thanks for all the replies. I went to Lincoln service and the manager showed me that you have to click on the lock button and make sure the car is locked (which I was doing) but what I was not doing is Immediately pressing the remote start button twice. OK it worked. What I wasn't doing was pressing the start button immediately. I must have pausing for a moment. All my Chrysler 300's didn't need the lock button to be pressed first. Pressing the start button automatically locked the doors. Well anyway I am good now. Thanks all, Mike

HTML