Lincoln Forums Navigation:

2020 Lincoln Zephyr sedan and luxury coupe to go RWD with V8 and manual

hostboy

Lincoln is really making the MKZ successor a ponycar-based, rear-wheel-drive four-door, four-seat sportscar. It will weigh around 500 pounds less than its Dodge Charger counterpart. The top version (Speed) will offer 485+ horsepower and 435+ lb-ft of torque with a 5.0-liter, 32-valve Coyote V8, giving in for a 0-60 mph time of 3.9 sec with a 10-speed automatic and 4.2 sec with a 6-speed manual. Top speed is up to 186 mph with the Performance Package.

This, along with an upcoming full-size personal luxury coupe, will be among the fastest Lincolns ever produced. The Zephyr Speed will rival the Lexus GS F while undercutting it by $30,000, as well as the Audi S6, BMW M550i, and Mercedes-AMG E53 by about $20,000.

Lincoln is also building its full-size luxury coupe. It will be based on the Ford Mustang with a stretched wheelbase. It will carry the same wheelbase as the midsize Lincoln Zephyr sedan at 119". Like the Zephyr that replaces the MKZ, it will also have rear wheel drive and a naturally aspirated, 5.0-liter V8 that produces at least 485 horsepower and 435 lb-ft of torque. The coupe model will rival the Lexus LC500, as well as the Audi A9 4.0T Coupe, BMW M850i Coupe, and Mercedes-Benz S560 Coupe. 2019-Lincoln-Zephyr-MKZ_2_2_3_2.jpg downloadc3fa2e91_ge_2femulated_2f0_2fDownload_2f2018-ford-mustang-first-drive_2_2.jpg

Attachments

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Not quite the source that I was expecting.

I hope that post is correct but social media is known for Fake News. I would have thought Lincoln would be more forthcoming with a plan/statement of their intention to keep cars in the lineup if that is indeed their intention. Allowing main stream gossip on the demise of the Continental, etc is bad management while making contrary statements in social media is just silly.

We will see I guess.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
You are better at finding info than I am. I could not find anything like that on the site. Also strange is the RWD V8 mated to a 6 spd trans. The 10 spd trans seems to be used exclusively for the new RWD vehicles. An 8 spd for the future FWD and FWD based AWD. While the 6 spd is fine for me it is not generally considered satisfactory for those looking for a new "up-to-date" vehicle.

Can you give me the link?

TFL_LV_NV

Even though I have said for years Lincoln needs to make something off the Mustang, I just don't see this happening. I do wish 100% that it does make it to production, since I only drive manuals and I work at a Lincoln dealer. The 6spd would be the manual, and the 10spd is an automatic. Zephyr would be a great time to introduce a new name, and a new vehicle. What still kind of makes sense if the Fusion is going away they would have to use the Mustang chassis since that is still in production. I'm waiting for the years car show's with anticipation.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML