2020 Lincoln Navigator Whistling Sound

ralph666

Recently purchased Navigator as liked the experience during the road test and my wife wanted to try out American luxury vehicle. So far liking everything except for the annoying whistling sound that becomes noticeable as soon as car climbs over 55 km/hr. I arranged for dealership to diagnose the problem. However, after testing it today, they can't hear the sound (which has been detected by all members of my family either driving or riding in the front seat). I told them to keep at it until they can identify the issue but so far it seems to go nowhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure this issue is recognized by dealership and dealt with? Thank you in advance.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Ha, you bet.

Well, I didn't have so much a whistling but just a wind noise from my driver side window. They seem to have fixed it. They said the mirror had actually gotten loose or slightly out of alignment allowing air to get up in there and make the noise.

You may have them check that. Otherwise, drive the vehicle with them to point out the noise. maybe drive it yourself and video to see if the noise comes thorough on camera.

ralph666

Ha, you bet.

Well, I didn't have so much a whistling but just a wind noise from my driver side window. They seem to have fixed it. They said the mirror had actually gotten loose or slightly out of alignment allowing air to get up in there and make the noise.

You may have them check that. Otherwise, drive the vehicle with them to point out the noise. maybe drive it yourself and video to see if the noise comes thorough on camera.
Thank you for your response. I was certainly planning on driving with them but given pandemic situation it is pretty challenging to try to get them into the vehicle to point the issue. Mine seems to be coming from front passenger side of the vehicle. I will follow your advice on video as it seems to be the best option to begin with. Thanks again.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Thank you for your response. I was certainly planning on driving with them but given pandemic situation it is pretty challenging to try to get them into the vehicle to point the issue. Mine seems to be coming from front passenger side of the vehicle. I will follow your advice on video as it seems to be the best option to begin with. Thanks again.
You're welcome, and don't get me started on how absurd it is that they won't get in the vehicle with you.

Good luck.

ralph666

You're welcome, and don't get me started on how absurd it is that they won't get in the vehicle with you.

Good luck.
It looks like there are some issue with weather stripping along passenger side door. It has been ordered but it might take a bit of time for actual installation due to COVID lockdown in Toronto effective midnight. I will post an update once part has been replaced and car retested by me. One thing, mechanic at dealership had hard time detecting the sound and it took multiple road tests.