• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Lincoln Corsair transmission shifting issues at slow speeds

G-601072

We got our new 2020 Corsair in December. We have noticed sporadically that sometimes the transmission seems to shift hard or hunt for the correct gear at slower speeds. Anybody experience this issue on a 2020 Corsair?

ericb63

I have the MKC and the issue is the same. However, I attribute the "issue" to a very responsive/sensitive accelerator. I have found that once I learned the intricacies of the transmission, I adjusted my driving style and the "issue" went away.

All in all, considering that Lincoln is making some pretty darn nice cars, this is a very, very, very, minor flaw.

bbf2530

I've had a loaner Aviator for a few days and it's doing this same thing and is very noticeable. It just doesn't seem right but maybe I'll figure it out soon.
Engine noise seems very loud too during acceleration. It's 3.0.
Hi Georgia. Since they are so quiet, many modern luxury cars, including most Lincolns, pump synthesized engine sound through their audio system during acceleration.

Makes absolutely no sense to me, since most people buy a luxury car for the luxury, which includes a quiet cabin. I've owned 5 Mustang GT's.
If wanted very noticeable engine sound, I would have purchased another Mustang GT, instead of my MKZ. ;)

Lincoln and other automakers should make the synthesized engine sounds driver configurable, so it can be turned off.

Good luck.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

bbf2530

I didn't realize they dothis. I like the sound of my Navigator as I accelerate, so if it is synthesized, I hadn't noticed but I'm okay with it.

As far as having a quiet cabin, I agree that is nice when getting to speed. I like the sound of the engine during acceleration. Reading reviews over the years, it seems commenters seem to want the sound of a "V8" type acceleration, even from luxury SUVs.
Hi BL. Jut as an FYI: Yes, the engine sounds in your Navigator are synthesized. :)

One of the reasons this is done nowadays is due to the prevalence of turbocharged engines. The turbos do not allow much engine noise to escape through the exhaust tract.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
We got our new 2020 Corsair in December. We have noticed sporadically that sometimes the transmission seems to shift hard or hunt for the correct gear at slower speeds. Anybody experience this issue on a 2020 Corsair?
I have the same issue. I brought the Corsair into the dealer. They tested and confirmed my claim. They stated there was too much transmission fluid in the transmission and brought the fluid back to level. They also reset the adaptive learning transmission. This was completed in Tuesday. My car has around 1400 miles on it. 2.0 engine.

My transmission is still slipping but I was told it could take time for the transmission to get used to the new fluid level and to learn my driving style.

Hope this helps

ericb63

IMO the synthesized engine noise (SEN) and the OP's issue are not related. The OP's issue is questioning the jerky responsiveness at low speeds. This has zero to do with the SEN. The gas petal is super sensitive and responsive and the result is that it makes the car more difficult to drive smoothly. All in all, it's a minor fault.

HTML