2020 Lincoln Aviator vibration

Asmjmiller

Does anybody else get a vibration starting around 35mph? With taxes, I spent $80,000 for this vehicle to be luxury, not vibrate down the road! The service department feels and hears it, but tells me this is normal. This is not normal. I don’t want this vehicle anymore if I have to live with this vibration.

Does anybody else get a vibration starting around 35mph? With taxes, I spent $80,000 for this vehicle to be luxury, not vibrate down the road! The service department feels and hears it, but tells me this is normal. This is not normal. I don’t want this vehicle anymore if I have to live with this vibration.
It’s not nomal. I Have the same issue. It has something to do with the drive shaft and train and maybe a torque converter. This is a very popular issue. Others have had the drive shaft replaced. I’d call concierge and have them do a three way call. I was told I may have to take It to another dealer or even a Ford dealer for a second opinion. But it’s definitely a problem.

Paulaholt99

yes, I have the exact same thing on my Black label aviator. The mechanic said he can't find anything. Something is wrong

Asmjmiller

I GOT IT FIXED, TOOK SEVERAL PHONE CALLS AND TELLING THEM OTHER PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. THEY REPLACED THE DRIVESHAFT AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE DONE THE TRICK.

DHS

yes I have the same issue. They replaced one tire, said it had too much weight on it. Still have the problem. I am making an appt for them to check the drive shaft.

Farfelue

Yes -- Slight rumble vibration at 38 mph, and very pronounced rumble at 52 mph. Dealer service dept confirmed. Thinks might be a loose shaft, right front. Waiting for parts. ~ Farfelue.

Duncan G

The dealer verified the vibration I could feel on new Aviator Reserve (started noticeably at 30mph up to about 45mph). Diagnosed as rear drive shaft out of balance and replaced it with a new rear driveshaft assembly (part # L1MZ-4R602-C). Problem corrected and it drives fine now.

Smoothboy2

The dealer verified the vibration I could feel on new Aviator Reserve (started noticeably at 30mph up to about 45mph). Diagnosed as rear drive shaft out of balance and replaced it with a new rear driveshaft assembly (part # L1MZ-4R602-C). Problem corrected and it drives fine now.
Did you also have a vibration in the passenger seat?

Farfelue

No vibration in passenger seat, as such. Just a low, resonating rumble @ 38 mph, more pronounced @ 52 mph -- you could set your instruments, it was exactly at that those speeds . . . .

mapkos13

Just picked up my 2020 Reserve and had read this previously when researching the purchase. I notice that when I'm between 70-85 mph I get a pronounced vibration under my seat. Didn't have a passenger so cannot confirm its there. It almost feels like it rumbles front to back and then repeats like on a cycle every 3-5 seconds. I totally agree that for $80k this thing should travel like its on glass down the road. Will discuss with my rep tomorrow along with a couple of other items.

Farfelue

Just picked up my 2020 Reserve and had read this previously when researching the purchase. I notice that when I'm between 70-85 mph I get a pronounced vibration under my seat. Didn't have a passenger so cannot confirm its there. It almost feels like it rumbles front to back and then repeats like on a cycle every 3-5 seconds. I totally agree that for $80k this thing should travel like its on glass down the road. Will discuss with my rep tomorrow along with a couple of other items.

Farfelue

Seat vibration, as described, is characteristic of a problem with at least one tire/wheel assy: out of balance; tire out of round; defective ply cord.

mapkos13

Thats exactly what I was going in with.

I hope it's just a balance issue but at least I now know about this drive issue. Hopefully it'll be a minor inconvenience and I can move along. Appreciate the detail that's been shared.

G-233731

Yes and I was told it's normal - I'm sick over this as I spent same amount as well - I feel your pain -- I'm going to check elsewhere as well

mapkos13

Wheels balance checked and normal but still feel the vibration in both the seat and wheel as well as my wife can feel it in her seat. Guessing it might be time to check the driveshaft?