2020 Lincoln Aviator 494HP Grand Touring Plug-In Hybrid

Timmer

Has anyone here bought and/or have any first-hand information and feedback on the 2020 Lincoln Aviator 494HP Grand Touring Plug-In Hybrid?

What I've found online are mostly older "first look" reviews. The most recent (Dec 2019) article I've found is from motor1.com reporting official MPG figures.

Not exactly the information I'm looking for...

I'm especially interested in learning more about the hybrid motor - praise, problems, concerns, recalls, etc. and to a lesser degree other aspects of the vehicle, i.e. PPG (Pleasure Per Gallon.)

On another note, my current 2018 Lincoln MKX Black Label replaced a loaded, special order 2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve. Both MKX''s were pretty much problem-free and I've loved owning both!

Timmer

engnrng

SoCal
Has anyone here bought and/or have any first-hand information and feedback on the 2020 Lincoln Aviator 494HP Grand Touring Plug-In Hybrid?

What I've found online are mostly older "first look" reviews. The most recent (Dec 2019) article I've found is from motor1.com reporting official MPG figures.

Not exactly the information I'm looking for...

I'm especially interested in learning more about the hybrid motor - praise, problems, concerns, recalls, etc. and to a lesser degree other aspects of the vehicle, i.e. PPG (Pleasure Per Gallon.)

On another note, my current 2018 Lincoln MKX Black Label replaced a loaded, special order 2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve. Both MKX''s were pretty much problem-free and I've loved owning both!

Timmer
@Timmer I see that you did not get any response from your post. I, too, am looking for Plug-In Hybrid experience with the Aviator Grand Touring. Did you end up trying one? Find any owner reviews?

happyottawa

Ottawa Canada
I've had the grand touring model for just over a year - not a ton of mileage on it yet. I'm pretty happy with it, and no major issues. I installed a 240V outlet in the garage or charging, From empty it takes a little over 3 hrs. at 240V and around 10 at 120V. The electric drive has caused no issues. Around town in moderate weather it goes about 20 miles. In the cold (0F) weather it wants to operate mostly with the ICE, but will switch into electric for short periods. It is very quite when in electric mode. On longer trips the regeneration makes a difference. The Myway app said I got just under 50 miles on a 160M trip. Since owning it I've had it in once for a reprogramming, it flashed a warning but the issue did not cause any driving problems. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to share my views.

engnrng

SoCal
I've had the grand touring model for just over a year - not a ton of mileage on it yet. I'm pretty happy with it, and no major issues. I installed a 240V outlet in the garage or charging, From empty it takes a little over 3 hrs. at 240V and around 10 at 120V. The electric drive has caused no issues. Around town in moderate weather it goes about 20 miles. In the cold (0F) weather it wants to operate mostly with the ICE, but will switch into electric for short periods. It is very quite when in electric mode. On longer trips the regeneration makes a difference. The Myway app said I got just under 50 miles on a 160M trip. Since owning it I've had it in once for a reprogramming, it flashed a warning but the issue did not cause any driving problems. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to share my views.
Sure, do you know what your average MPG has been over that year? Part time EV, part time ICE/Hybrid, part time cold, part time warm. Just curious, since you are the only one responding... Thanks!

happyottawa

Ottawa Canada
My numbers are likely skewed a bit, as recently much of the driving has been short trips, where the electric drive kicks in. The plan was to drive to Phoenix, from Canada, but a closed border stopped that. That trip would have allowed me to provide a much better answer for you On longer trips last summer I was getting in the 23 MPG mostly highway speeds (55-65 MPH). When the ICE kicks in during cold weather it's a very thirsty beast. I've not tracked that, but expect it's in the 10 - 12 MPG with a light foot on the gas. Over the past week I've had two short trips of about 18 miles each just on the electric motors. The Lincoln way app tells me in the past 7 days average was 33 MGP in combined driving, Again trips no longer than 40 miles, leaving with a fully charged battery.

RAINEY

In my opinion it not worth the price for the plug in hybrid just to get the perceived extra HP & torque. The added weight and limited batter charge completely offsets any gain. The 3.0 l is powerful on it's own and you will enjoy the power.

I regret going for the hybrid and really wished that I went with the standard engine configuration. I even have the ideal home to work range to maximize the hybrid feature since realistically I can go round trip from home to work and back on only battery power. Once the batter is drained the gas mileage is terrible due mostly to the extra weight it's lugging around. The non-hybrid will get better mileage on the highway.