2020 Corsair Electrical Issues: The Saga Continues

afh3

Minnesota
Just brought the Corsair in to the dealership for the Nth time (I've forgotten how many times now, N ∈ {7,8,9}) for recurring electrical issues that cause myriad problems when they occur - most annoyingly, a completely dead battery.

The car is on its 4th (?) battery now I believe, and just yesterday I experienced another no-start event - the third one this month. Note that this isn't COVID related, as the vehicle is driven frequently, and yesterday's no-start event occured within 30 minutes of it being driven 180 miles on the interstate freeway.

I really do love this car, and of all the vehicles I've owned (many of them Lincolns) this one is hands-down my favorite for features, ride-quality, comfort, and pretty much everything - except the electrical system.

The first day I owned the vehicle, and after driving it some 25 miles home from the dealership, I watched my wife leave the driveway and head to the grocery store. I called her immediately to chastise her about not even bothering to stop at the sign at the end of our street. Turns out, she did. It simply didn't show it because the brake-lights didn't work. Yeah, I drove it home 25 miles on freeways during rush-hour with no brake-lights whatsoever. What could go wrong? I guess that should have been a red-flag (heh). It only took them a week and a half to get that rectified.

From seat-memories that don't remember, keys that claim they can't be detected, SYNC systems that reset themselves to default on a monthly basis, and radio-stations that aren't what they are supposed to be (first-world problems, I know) it is becoming more and more difficult to sing the praises that I have for all other aspects of the vehicle.

Naturally, there is a rejection of the idea that the vehicle would be subject to replacement.

Anyway, rant over. I'm told they'll be contacting me on Monday to let me know what they've found this time.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
Ask a Lincoln Concierge at the 800 number to submit a Ford Buyback request. The worst the buyback department could say is no. I went through the buyback recently and it went well. Took me two request.

afh3

Minnesota
The dealership called just now. Says that they just got back from testing/driving my Corsair and can find no issues. While I was on the phone with them, the Lincoln Way app sent a "deep sleep" notification to me. While we're talking...

I told him about the notification and asked if that was expected behavior from a vehicle that had no issues and was just driven.

He confirmed that they could no longer remotely connect to it (again, during the same call to tell me the car is "fine").

They're keeping it overnight now.

Sigh.

afh3

Minnesota
Good news: The determination has been made that the body-control module needs to be replaced.

Bad news: The vehicle would likely continue to have no-start events until it is replaced, and the part won't be available until the end of October or early November.

Looks like I'll be in a loaner for a while.

HotrodLinkin

sounds like you have a parasitic drain on the battery, something stays on after you shut the car down. To deal with it until your BCM is replaced you can disconnect the battery every time you use the car. You can buy a special switch that allows you to not have to completely remove the battery cable.... but, you will have to open the hood every time!