2020 Black Label vs Reserve w Mono

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Garrett

Dec 21, 2020
Hey all -
Looking at 2020 Navigators. Between a white black label with Chalet interior and a white reserve with monochromatic package with russet interior.. both have HD trailer package which I want to tow my boat.

I thought I was set on the black label but I keep changing my mind every day.. I have 2 kids 4 and under and think the russet may be easier to maintain with kids. Any input on one vs the other?

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hey all -
Looking at 2020 Navigators. Between a white black label with Chalet interior and a white reserve with monochromatic package with russet interior.. both have HD trailer package which I want to tow my boat.

I thought I was set on the black label but I keep changing my mind every day.. I have 2 kids 4 and under and think the russet may be easier to maintain with kids. Any input on one vs the other?

Hi Garrett. You are correct that a darker leather is usually a little easier to maintain, if only for the simple reason it will show dirt a bit less in between cleanings and conditioning. As long as it is still properly maintained with regular cleaning/conditioning.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Garrett

Dec 21, 2020
Hi Garrett. You are correct that a darker leather is usually a little easier to maintain, if only for the simple reason it will show dirt a bit less in between cleanings and conditioning. As long as it is still properly maintained with regular cleaning/conditioning.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thank you! I assumed so. I’ve always had darker leather vehicles. Any input on one vs the other in regards to trim options?

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
If I had not stepped up there Black Label in 2020, I loved the russet interior. I think the quality is great on a reserve, but the leathers and trim are a step up on the BL. I agree the russet would be easier to maintain and keep clean. Saying that, I have had no issues with my Chalet interior with lots of kids and road trips but I keep after it.

strawberryrose

Sep 20, 2022
My Lincoln
2021 Navigator
If I had not stepped up there Black Label in 2020, I loved the russet interior. I think the quality is great on a reserve, but the leathers and trim are a step up on the BL. I agree the russet would be easier to maintain and keep clean. Saying that, I have had no issues with my Chalet interior with lots of kids and road trips but I keep after it.
I just got a black label Navigator with the Chalet interior and curious what you use to keep all the different surfaces clean? Instrument panels, dash, seats, ceiling/side fabric…. (Pretty much all surfaces 🤣) Also have you found an wipes that are safe for multi surfaces that are easy to keep In console for quick cleanups?

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Thank you! I assumed so. I’ve always had darker leather vehicles. Any input on one vs the other in regards to trim options?

Hi Garrett. I can offer my opinion, but keep in mind it is strictly opinion. As others have stated, the Black Label interiors and interior quality are a step up on the other trim levels. Exterior-wise there is some differentiation, but not as much as the interior.

I think it really comes down to which you prefer style wise, and the big determination points, what condition these vehicles are in and how they are priced against each other, since I assume being 2020 models they are both used.
So mileage, condition, and how well they each have been maintained may wind up being more important factors than Black Label versus Reserve.

Sorry, I know it's a bit of an on-the-fence answer, but I generally hesitate to give definitive opinions on vehicles I can not actually see.

I am sure others will jump in with more advice and help, so let us know how you make out and good luck. 🍻

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I will add that a big draw for me to the Black Label were the benefits of BL ownership. I'm not sure if this extend beyond a vehicle's original owner. Good question for Lincoln Concierge. I wouldn't ask a dealer that as many probably won't know. Not sure that is a consideration here or not.

Garrett

Dec 21, 2020
Hi Garrett. I can offer my opinion, but keep in mind it is strictly opinion. As others have stated, the Black Label interiors and interior quality are a step up on the other trim levels. Exterior-wise there is some differentiation, but not as much as the interior.

I think it really comes down to which you prefer style wise, and the big determination points, what condition these vehicles are in and how they are priced against each other, since I assume being 2020 models they are both used.
So mileage, condition, and how well they each have been maintained may wind up being more important factors than Black Label versus Reserve.

Sorry, I know it's a bit of an on-the-fence answer, but I generally hesitate to give definitive opinions on vehicles I can not actually see.

I am sure others will jump in with more advice and help, so let us know how you make out and good luck. 🍻
Not an off the fence answer at all. Yes both are used and in extremely good condition. The 2020 BL has just over 30k on clock - but extremely well taken care of. Pictures are:

Price slightly high per comparables with less mileage. And not from a Lincoln Dealer which likely would rid me of any BL exclusive perks I’d assume.

Now finding out other than what dealer can provide and paperwork with the car on how it was maintained I don’t know yet with either. Looks like the reserve option I had in mind sold today..

I am having trouble finding a reserve optioned out how I would like - white, monochromic, russet, HD trailer package. However not in a complete rush to buy so I could wait.

Very good to know. I have yet to actually be inside the BL to see and feel the quality difference. I’ll have to get to a dealer that has one to sit and feel the fit and finish vs the reserve. I believe that will very much help make my mind up.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I will add that a big draw for me to the Black Label were the benefits of BL ownership. I'm not sure if this extend beyond a vehicle's original owner. Good question for Lincoln Concierge. I wouldn't ask a dealer that as many probably won't know. Not sure that is a consideration here or not.

Hi gang. Black Label is correct. I meant to, but forgot, to mention the Black Label perks, the basics of which can be found here: https://www.lincoln.com/black-label/

The short story is that very little of the Black Label perks transfer over to second and subsequent owners. However, I would recommend anyone interested call Lincoln Concierge to get a definitive answer. OR check with your local Lincoln Black Label Dealership, if you have one.

The longer story is: Unfortunately, most of the perks only go to the first owner. I believe most do not transfer over to second or subsequent owners. For example, the second owner will obviously not get the 70,000 Lincoln Access Rewards points or Remote New Vehicle Delivery (those only occur on delivery to new/first owner). Also, no 1 year Calm membership and no Complementary car washes. And I don't believe the second owner gets the AVIS Presidents Club membership.

I am not sure about the 4 year/50,000 mile Premium Maintenance Plan for second owners.

That essentially leaves the Complementary Pickup and Delivery, which all Lincoln owners get for 4 years/50,000 miles.

But again, check with Lincoln Concierge or a Lincoln Black Label Dealership for the final answer.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

EDIT- Hi Garrett. Our last replies crossed in the mail, so I did not see yours before posting mine.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Not an off the fence answer at all. Yes both are used and in extremely good condition. The 2020 BL has just over 30k on clock - but extremely well taken care of. Pictures are:

Price slightly high per comparables with less mileage. And not from a Lincoln Dealer which likely would rid me of any BL exclusive perks I’d assume.

Now finding out other than what dealer can provide and paperwork with the car on how it was maintained I don’t know yet with either. Looks like the reserve option I had in mind sold today..

I am having trouble finding a reserve optioned out how I would like - white, monochromic, russet, HD trailer package. However not in a complete rush to buy so I could wait.

Very good to know. I have yet to actually be inside the BL to see and feel the quality difference. I’ll have to get to a dealer that has one to sit and feel the fit and finish vs the reserve. I believe that will very much help make my mind up.

Hi Garrett. It is good that the Black Label model (~30,000 miles) still has some of the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty remaining. Gives you a chance to have any unseen issues addressed while still covered.

The fact that it is not located at a Lincoln Dealer has no affect on the Black Label perks. As explained above, most Black Label perks are non-transferable anyway.

What it will affect though is no Lincoln CPO Warranty. So if the non-Lincoln Dealership is offering any type of CPO or other warranty, keep in mind you may now be in a situation of needing to have some work performed by them , and other work performed by a Lincoln Dealer.
Not necessarily a deal breaker, just something else to keep in mind.

Obviously, any work covered by the Lincoln 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle or 6 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranty should be handled by a Lincoln Dealer.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

Garrett

Dec 21, 2020
Hi Garrett. It is good that the Black Label model (~30,000 miles) still has some of the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty remaining. Gives you a chance to have any unseen issues addressed while still covered.

The fact that it is not located at a Lincoln Dealer has no affect on the Black Label perks. As explained above, most Black Label perks are non-transferable anyway.

What it will affect though is no Lincoln CPO Warranty. So if the non-Lincoln Dealership is offering any type of CPO or other warranty, keep in mind you may now be in a situation of needing to have some work performed by them , and other work performed by a Lincoln Dealer.
Not necessarily a deal breaker, just something else to keep in mind.

Obviously, any work covered by the Lincoln 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle or 6 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranty should be handled by a Lincoln Dealer.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Will do! Consensus here seems to be BL over Reserve due to quality of interior. Again - I haven’t sat in a BL yet. Hoping I can find a dealer somewhat close that has a chalet interior on the lot.

Thanks all for the input and I’ll post up when I bring something home. Just have to find the one!

Psykostevo

Apr 10, 2022
My Lincoln
2020 Navigator L Reserve
Hey all -

Assuming that there are no interior or exterior color choices that you MUST HAVE that would force you to choose a Black Label, you can get a very similarly equipped "Reserve I" package that would have nearly all of the same features. One thing about the Black Label that I do like is the microfiber/suede headliner, but I rarely look at the headliner anyway, and am thankful that it is black on my Reserve.

When I go on Lincoln's site and build out the Reserve L with all the packages I want, the total comes to $107,655.
When I build a Black Label L with the same equipment the total comes out to $113,415.
So somewhere in there I am supposed to realize a $7,000 difference between vehicles, and for me it's hard to spot any differences that I appreciate other than the headliner material. I like the monochromatic package on the Reserve, but on the Black Label the only way to get the Black Wheels is to add the Special Edition package, and then we are looking at a price of $120,115! I am also not a fan of the additional chrome-like accents on the exterior, or the gloss coating applied to the wood on the Black Labels we have seen (compared to the bare natural wood we have in our Reserve).

Garrett

Dec 21, 2020
Assuming that there are no interior or exterior color choices that you MUST HAVE that would force you to choose a Black Label, you can get a very similarly equipped "Reserve I" package that would have nearly all of the same features. One thing about the Black Label that I do like is the microfiber/suede headliner, but I rarely look at the headliner anyway, and am thankful that it is black on my Reserve.

When I go on Lincoln's site and build out the Reserve L with all the packages I want, the total comes to $107,655.
When I build a Black Label L with the same equipment the total comes out to $113,415.
So somewhere in there I am supposed to realize a $7,000 difference between vehicles, and for me it's hard to spot any differences that I appreciate other than the headliner material. I like the monochromatic package on the Reserve, but on the Black Label the only way to get the Black Wheels is to add the Special Edition package, and then we are looking at a price of $120,115! I am also not a fan of the additional chrome-like accents on the exterior, or the gloss coating applied to the wood on the Black Labels we have seen (compared to the bare natural wood we have in our Reserve).
I do like the black headliner. It adds a sense/feel of a combination between luxury and sport that is nice. I think the wife is leaning toward chalet interior though.

Most navigators I’m finding have the rear center storage console - whether it is a reserve or BL. I have found some reserves without but no BL without it. Was that an option to not have the console in the rear on a BL of 2018-2020? I have seen 2022 without a console in the rear.

Modification wise if I do go BL, I may style it like a special edition package. Wrap the top black, make grille black, etc. I don’t love the two tone color but I also don’t hate it. Wife likes it, it will be her daily at the end of the day..

Last edited: