2020 Aviator Passenger Door Rattles

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

jpiker

Jul 18, 2022
My Lincoln
@v!@t0r
It's very frustrating that a vehicle at this price range has a noticeable rattle and wind noise at the passenger front door. It use to only do it occasionally but now its every time we drive it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Jp

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Welcome to the Forum Jp. 👋
Unfortunately, vehicle price does not preclude it from having some issues. There is also a thread on passenger seat rattles. You haven't shown what year your @v!@t0r is. That would be helpful if you added it. If you are still within the factory warranty, I suggest that you have the dealer check it out and have a tech take a ride along before starting to take things apart. Good luck and please stay in touch.

Peter

Last edited:

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
It's very frustrating that a vehicle at this price range has a noticeable rattle and wind noise at the passenger front door. It use to only do it occasionally but now its every time we drive it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Jp
Other have reported the same or similar problems. Peter's recommendation to take it to the dealer is a good one.

G-26504

Unfortunately, vehicle price does not preclude it from having some issues. There is also a thread on passenger seat rattles. You haven't shown what year your @v!@t0r is. That would be helpful if you added it. If you are still within the factory warranty, I suggest that you have the dealer check it out and have a tech take a ride along before starting to take things apart. Good luck and please stay in touch.

Peter

Hi Peter! I see I had the year model in the title of the thread but neglected to add it in the description. It is a 2020 year model. I tried calling the dealer yesterday but the service department was swamped and were supposed to call me back. I thought I would check here while I waited on a call back to see if this is a known issue. I’m calling them back as we speak.

jpiker

Jul 18, 2022
My Lincoln
@v!@t0r

Peter
Sorry Peter. I had the year in the title and did not include it in the body of the message. It's a 2020 Reserve. I contacted the dealer yesterday and had to leave a callback number. While I was waiting, I thought I would research the issue which led me here. I just, today, was able to schedule an appointment for this Friday about the issue. I guess we will see what happens.

Thanks!

Jp

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Sorry Peter. I had the year in the title and did not include it in the body of the message. It's a 2020 Reserve. I contacted the dealer yesterday and had to leave a callback number. While I was waiting, I thought I would research the issue which led me here. I just, today, was able to schedule an appointment for this Friday about the issue. I guess we will see what happens.

Thanks!

Jp
Hi Jp. My bad. Forgot it was in the title. You should add it to the My Lincoln field in your profile so it will always show up in the margin. Just click on your username at the top right and select "Account Details" and complete the "My Lincoln" field. Good luck with the appointment.

Peter

jpiker

Jul 18, 2022
My Lincoln
@v!@t0r
Good news! The technician found the cause of the rattle in my passenger door area. The narrative stated he found three worn retainer nuts, I'm supposing on the weather stripping?? He replaced the three and BAM rattle gone!

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Good news! The technician found the cause of the rattle in my passenger door area. The narrative stated he found three worn retainer nuts, I'm supposing on the weather stripping?? He replaced the three and BAM rattle gone!
Still haven't updated your My Lincoln field I see. ;)

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator GT Black/Black
Worn retainer nuts? Nuts retaining what? And worn on an assumed, at the most, 4 year old vehicle? Interesting.

C Krohn

Oct 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I've had a rattle in my '17 MKX. It sounded like it was coming from the area of the A/C vent on the passenger side of the dashboard. It wasn't bad at first, but has been getting worse. Today, I found it. It was a pair of sunglasses in the overhead compartment. No more rattle! It's not the first time a rattle has sounded like it was coming from another area in a car.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Was at the dealer to order our Aviator and talked with the service manager, trying to get the scoop on any Aviator issues they've dealt with, when this guy pulls on the lot in his Aviator. So i went to talk with him and i asked him how he likes his car and if he had any issues with it etc......He said he had a rattle in the passenger door. It's apparently a common noise dealers should be aware of by now. You're still under warranty.

Last edited:

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I've had a rattle in my '17 MKX. It sounded like it was coming from the area of the A/C vent on the passenger side of the dashboard. It wasn't bad at first, but has been getting worse. Today, I found it. It was a pair of sunglasses in the overhead compartment. No more rattle! It's not the first time a rattle has sounded like it was coming from another area in a car.
Been there, done that. 😄

Peter