2019 Navigator - touchscreen black - no function

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Alyssa88

So we picked our car up finally yesterday from Ford. No resolution. Was not a loose ground wire. He said they tried multiple times to connect to the software system in order to get the condition code that they need. Without the software system working he cannot get a condition code? And every time they would connect to the software within the car it prompts them to reboot the software every time they do that it would crash at approximately 75%. He said they tried everything they could and without that condition code he can’t even address it. Perhaps the Lincoln service dealers will be more versed in this? I’m bringing it back to the dealer that replaced the modem a year ago so hopefully I have an answer next week.

bbf2530

So we picked our car up finally yesterday from Ford. No resolution. Was not a loose ground wire. He said they tried multiple times to connect to the software system in order to get the condition code that they need. Without the software system working he cannot get a condition code? And every time they would connect to the software within the car it prompts them to reboot the software every time they do that it would crash at approximately 75%. He said they tried everything they could and without that condition code he can’t even address it. Perhaps the Lincoln service dealers will be more versed in this? I’m bringing it back to the dealer that replaced the modem a year ago so hopefully I have an answer next week.

Hi Alyssa. Yes, try your original Lincoln Dealer. Or any Lincoln Dealer, if yours is not convenient.

I don't remember (and am lazy and don't want to read back) if your Navigator is still within the 4 year/50,000 New Vehicle Warranty?
EDIT- Got a burst of energy and see you are outside the B2B warranty. Try a Lincoln Dealer.

I am not one to recommend going to the Lemon Law unless entirely necessary (as a last resort). However, if you are still within the New Vehicle Warranty, and they can not fix the problem, then I would begin a buyback/exchange request or Lemon Law buyback, once you qualify.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

Alyssa88

Hi Alyssa. Yes, try your original Lincoln Dealer. Or any Lincoln Dealer, if yours is not convenient.

I don't remember (and am lazy and don't want to read back) if your Navigator is still within the 4 year/50,000 New Vehicle Warranty?
EDIT- Got a burst of energy and see you are outside the B2B warranty. Try a Lincoln Dealer.

I am not one to recommend going to the Lemon Law unless entirely necessary (as a last resort). However, if you are still within the New Vehicle Warranty, and they can not fix the problem, then I would begin a buyback/exchange request or Lemon Law buyback, once you qualify.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Unfortunately, the dealer we purchased from has since closed. They were wonderful to deal with and were a very small family owned dealership and the customer service was excellent. The other two dealerships still open in Massachusetts are not super convenient to me, but I am going to go back to the one that replaced the modem a year ago. I have been hesitant to go to them because the service that we’ve received there in the past has not been great. For example they had my car for a whole day for a recall issue and an oil change and they completely forgot to do the recall 🤔

Alyssa88

back again with an update. My car has been at a Lincoln dealer now since last Wednesday. They just called me now and told me that they need to replace the sync module? Essentially the CPU that controls that whole touchscreen/sync - $1600. Not even sure what to think, though I am inordinately frustrated by the fact that I’m having to pay for a rental for all of these days that they’ve had my car to the tune of $45 a day. And judging by the fact that I’ve called the last three days and not gotten an update until almost 5 o’clock today, I’m thinking that my car literally just sat there for five days 🤯 this will definitely be our last Lincoln purchase.

Last edited:

2021Navigator

back again with an update. My car has been at a Lincoln dealer now since last Wednesday. They just called me now and told me that they need to replace the sink module? Essentially the CPU that controls that whole touchscreen/sync - $1600. Not even sure what to think, though I am inordinately frustrated by the fact that I’m having to pay for a rental for all of these days that they’ve had my car to the tune of $45 a day. And judging by the fact that I’ve called the last three days and not gotten an update until almost 5 o’clock today, I’m thinking that my car literally just sat there for five days 🤯 this will definitely be our last Lincoln purchase.
Ouch, I can understand your frustration.

Did they happen to say if the part "Sink Module" was available?

We had an issue with our 2021 Navigator with its back up camera where the camera (display screen) would occasionally go black.

They replaced the camera (only 1-day to get a new one) and thought it was fixed, but as the mechanic was parking, the screen when black. The next part was the module between the camera and the screen (a 3-day delivery) which fixed the issue, but replacing that part required recalibration of the 360 degree view. That calibration required a few hours of labor placing barriers around the vehicle and performing various software adjustments. While it was all covered under warranty I'd hate to hear what the cost would have been if it wasn't.

I'm not sure if Lincoln is any different than other manufactures but with all the new tech in vehicles but when it fails the cost to repair it can seem astronomical.

I hope your part doesn't take too long to source.

bbf2530

back again with an update. My car has been at a Lincoln dealer now since last Wednesday. They just called me now and told me that they need to replace the sink module? Essentially the CPU that controls that whole touchscreen/sync - $1600. Not even sure what to think, though I am inordinately frustrated by the fact that I’m having to pay for a rental for all of these days that they’ve had my car to the tune of $45 a day. And judging by the fact that I’ve called the last three days and not gotten an update until almost 5 o’clock today, I’m thinking that my car literally just sat there for five days 🤯 this will definitely be our last Lincoln purchase.

Hi Alyssa. I am making an assumption they meant a/the "SYNC module". Possibly/probably the APIM for the SYNC infotainment system and/or other components.

Good luck.

Alyssa88

Ouch, I can understand your frustration.

Did they happen to say if the part "Sink Module" was available?

We had an issue with our 2021 Navigator with its back up camera where the camera (display screen) would occasionally go black.

They replaced the camera (only 1-day to get a new one) and thought it was fixed, but as the mechanic was parking, the screen when black. The next part was the module between the camera and the screen (a 3-day delivery) which fixed the issue, but replacing that part required recalibration of the 360 degree view. That calibration required a few hours of labor placing barriers around the vehicle and performing various software adjustments. While it was all covered under warranty I'd hate to hear what the cost would have been if it wasn't.

I'm not sure if Lincoln is any different than other manufactures but with all the new tech in vehicles but when it fails the cost to repair it can seem astronomical.

I hope your part doesn't take too long to source.
Sorry that was auto correct I just edited my post, it is the “sync” module that needs replacing. They are hoping that the part will be there by Friday and he thinks it will only take a couple of hours to fix once they have the part. I think a great deal of my frustration lies and the fact that they did not do anything with my car from Wednesday of last week until at least yesterday. If they couldn’t get to it I would’ve preferred them just tell me last week they weren’t going to get to it until after the holiday so that I’m not paying for a rental that frankly doesn’t even fit my whole family (they put me in a corsair, I drive a navigator). My fingers are crossed that this is done by the weekend.