• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 Navigator L Black Label lack of leg support

ski-guy1

I just picked up a Navigator L Black Label and I am extremely disappointed with the amount of leg support for the drivers and passenger front seats. It has the electric control so that you can extend the support under your upper leg/hamstring area. They are trying to make it like Porsche and BMW has where it extends up and supports your legs. It is such a flimsy apparatus that it doesn't support your leg at all. When you are driving with cruise control on, you leg just hangs and then your glute and lower back try to support your leg. After 20 miles, I am constantly adjusting myself in the seat for the entire drive. This never happens in my other SUV's. It's so bad that I would trade this thing in right for another manufacturer. Anyone else have an issue with this? I have tried adjusting my seat so many different time. Frustrated

bbf2530

Hi ski-guy. The individually adjustable thigh supports are not designed to extend up, they extend out. Only extending the thigh support cushions will not help, if the front of the seat bottom is positioned too low (no lower thigh support) and/or the back of the seat bottom is positioned too high (butt is too low). You need to raise the front of the seat to raise the support under your thighs, and/or lower the rear edge of the seat, to lower your butt.

So as opposed to simply extending the thigh supports, have you tried using the seat adjustment controls to raise the front of the lower seat cushion and/or lower the back of the bottom seat cushion? You want to raise your thighs and lower your butt.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

Ico

The thigh supports also need individual movement in them for comfort and the different positions your legs are in when driving., they aren't "flimsy", it's by design. For some people, the seats take a while to figure out. Once you get it though, the comfort is top-notch, especially on long trips.

ski-guy1

nope, I tried lots of seat positions that from upper legs being higher and the seat bottom being lower, to switching these back and forth. They are flimsy, they don't stay rigid in the position that you adjust them to, they bounce around. Go drive a European can that has this feature, night and day difference from Lincoln. The European thigh supports don't move around. I just drove 300 miles yesterday and I was already repositioning myself in the seat at 20 miles into the trip. So as I am driving, I am constantly adjusting the seat to see what helps, and they answer is nothing makes it better. Bad design!!!

bbf2530

nope, I tried lots of seat positions that from upper legs being higher and the seat bottom being lower, to switching these back and forth. They are flimsy, they don't stay rigid in the position that you adjust them to, they bounce around. Go drive a European can that has this feature, night and day difference from Lincoln. The European thigh supports don't move around. I just drove 300 miles yesterday and I was already repositioning myself in the seat at 20 miles into the trip. So as I am driving, I am constantly adjusting the seat to see what helps, and they answer is nothing makes it better. Bad design!!!
Hi ski-guy. Then your best course of action would be to bring this to the attention of your Dealers Service Department. Perhaps there is a problem with your seats. We are all here to help and it is okay to complain online, but it won't get you any resolution.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

ski-guy1

Thanks bbf2530. I have already contacted my dealer and Lincoln support. I love everything about this vehicle except the seats. Its got great acceleration, very smooth to drive and huge amount of creature features. Just have to get the seats figured out.

StillBlazn

I just picked up a Navigator L Black Label and I am extremely disappointed with the amount of leg support for the drivers and passenger front seats. It has the electric control so that you can extend the support under your upper leg/hamstring area. They are trying to make it like Porsche and BMW has where it extends up and supports your legs. It is such a flimsy apparatus that it doesn't support your leg at all. When you are driving with cruise control on, you leg just hangs and then your glute and lower back try to support your leg. After 20 miles, I am constantly adjusting myself in the seat for the entire drive. This never happens in my other SUV's. It's so bad that I would trade this thing in right for another manufacturer. Anyone else have an issue with this? I have tried adjusting my seat so many different time. Frustrated
I’m not feeling the flimsy part and leg space is good, but I am having back pain in the middle where my ribs are from the seat jamming into my ribs..most uncomfortable seat ever.

beatlez

I find the seat really uncomfortable too! I live in the middle of nowhere, NV so anywhere I drive is at least an hour and a half drive. I'm constantly adjusting the damn thing and it always feels like there is something crammed into my back or there's lack of support. I absolutely love the navigator except the seat. We have a Range Rover that is very comfortable to sit in and and F350 that is very comfortable too. I thought I would love the 30 way seats in the Lincoln, but they aren't good for me and just make me achy. The next time I go to the dealership I'm going to try out a standard seat on a lesser Navigator model and see if it's more comfortable just out of curiosity.

StillBlazn

I have a cousin that has the same navigator and he loves it..I don’t think this is a seat design issue..I think we got a defect seat.

StillBlazn

I find the seat really uncomfortable too! I live in the middle of nowhere, NV so anywhere I drive is at least an hour and a half drive. I'm constantly adjusting the damn thing and it always feels like there is something crammed into my back or there's lack of support. I absolutely love the navigator except the seat. We have a Range Rover that is very comfortable to sit in and and F350 that is very comfortable too. I thought I would love the 30 way seats in the Lincoln, but they aren't good for me and just make me achy. The next time I go to the dealership I'm going to try out a standard seat on a lesser Navigator model and see if it's more comfortable just out of curiosity.
I tried to take it back to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it...I even had my wife drive it for a long drive and she was complaining..I sat in the passenger side and I didn’t get that poking feeling to my ribs and middle back..it was a big difference but the dealer calling me crazy basically.. the car is amazing but it’s a struggle to take it on long drives..I start cramping up...

beatlez

I tried to take it back to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it...I even had my wife drive it for a long drive and she was complaining..I sat in the passenger side and I didn’t get that poking feeling to my ribs and middle back..it was a big difference but the dealer calling me crazy basically.. the car is amazing but it’s a struggle to take it on long drives..I start cramping up...
When I first got the vehicle, there was definitely something stuck in my back even with the lumbar supports at the lowest settings. I noticed that when I turned the massager on, the areas that would hurt would be momentarily relieved when the massager moved away from that area. When I turned the massager off, the support would pop back up (even though it was set at the lowest setting). After using the massage setting for about a week whatever was stuck fixed itself and the lumbar support stayed where it should. It's still not a very comfortable seat though as you can FEEL all the mechanical parts of the seat. It needs more cushioning. Those wing things on the side are the worst. I mean, who would turn those all the way in??? I feel like the back of my shirts always get bunched up on them, lol. I read a comment somewhere that a lot of the people who complain about these seats are heavier people. I'm a 5'7 woman and not on the heavier side. I've had the vehicle a little over a year and already have 30K miles on it and still haven't figured out a good seat setting. It's just not a very comfortable seat. Having said that I hope they change the seat design (doubtful) for 2021, because I still love the Navigator.

StillBlazn

When I first got the vehicle, there was definitely something stuck in my back even with the lumbar supports at the lowest settings. I noticed that when I turned the massager on, the areas that would hurt would be momentarily relieved when the massager moved away from that area. When I turned the massager off, the support would pop back up (even though it was set at the lowest setting). After using the massage setting for about a week whatever was stuck fixed itself and the lumbar support stayed where it should. It's still not a very comfortable seat though as you can FEEL all the mechanical parts of the seat. It needs more cushioning. Those wing things on the side are the worst. I mean, who would turn those all the way in??? I feel like the back of my shirts always get bunched up on them, lol. I read a comment somewhere that a lot of the people who complain about these seats are heavier people. I'm a 5'7 woman and not on the heavier side. I've had the vehicle a little over a year and already have 30K miles on it and still haven't figured out a good seat setting. It's just not a very comfortable seat. Having said that I hope they change the seat design (doubtful) for 2021, because I still love the Navigator.
I really doubt it’s the design, we wouldn’t be the only ones complaining about something jamming into our ribs..Most people swear by how comfortable it is..the dealer brought me another navigator to try and I told them it was softer and they said maybe you need to break it in..it’s B.S...only way they will be able to feel it is if they take an hour long drive and they won’t do that.

HTML