2019 lincoln continental how to show engine temp gauge on dashboard

kkriskal

KenVen

My 2018 also randomly reverts to the default dash. Seems to be doing it less often but still annoying. I'll have the software checked when I take it in for the door latch recall.

topdavis

Ford/Lincoln decided to provide me with a new APIM module. Reason - the recent map update would not work. The process would say everything was updated, but the map never went to version 119 from 117. The website even stated the car was successfully updated, but it wasn't. Took the car in to dealer and they tried to update the maps and the same thing happened. I showed them all of the radio and dash problems I've had since I bought the car and they finally agreed that the problem was the car not me... The dealer is installing the new APIM today and making sure the map is updated. Hopefully this will solve my radio and dash issues.

kkriskal

Regarding the gauges...My new Lincoln Continental seems to revert back to the default setting about once every 2 or 3 days all by itself and I have to select the gauges that I want to have displayed again. I spoke to the manager at my dealer and he said it may need a software upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, my 2019 has been doing that from day one (resets to the simple display). There is another thread on this forum which I started and there is No current fix for that from Ford.

topdavis

Heard from the dealer and they say the new APIM and re-programming fixes a couple of the problems but not all. The radio is working properly, but there is still some communication issue that happens. The dealer has been working with Ford/Lincoln to try and resolve, but they are not hopeful this will be completely fixed.

HTML