2019 lincoln continental how to show engine temp gauge on dashboard

topdavis

My gauges will revert back to factory settings, but it seems to happen most when I start the car from the Lincoln App. The first time I remote started the car with the keyfob it did it, BUT I think it stopped doing it after a saved my settings using the number button on the door with that specific fob. If I use the other fob, it will probably go back to factory settings because I have not set that with a memory button (This is just a guess).

direct007

Southern NJ
My gauges will revert back to factory settings, but it seems to happen most when I start the car from the Lincoln App. The first time I remote started the car with the keyfob it did it, BUT I think it stopped doing it after a saved my settings using the number button on the door with that specific fob. If I use the other fob, it will probably go back to factory settings because I have not set that with a memory button (This is just a guess).
Thanks, I will give that a try...re-saving the memory settings with the gauges showing. I think I only saved the memory after I got the seat in the most comfortable position but before I selected the gauges. I have not yet used the app to start the car. Only to lock the doors. I use the app in the winter to warm up the car but it hasn't been hot enough out to need to cool off the car by remote.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
I am not aware that the memory seats have anything at all to do with the instrument cluster. By the way, what is meant by "factory settings?" I honestly do not recall how my cluster was configured when I bought the car. I set it like I wanted it and have rarely changed it except to either just see what was there or to check info like fuel economy, tire pressures, etc.

Remote starting with the key or the app doesn't change anything on mine.

topdavis

When I got my car, there were no gauges or anything set. The only thing on my cluster was the speedometer. Maybe something is wrong with mine??? The audio title only shows up when I use the USB, CD or phone for music. Nothing displays when I play the AM/FM radio or Sirius. I'm not sure if something is supposed to be there when those music sources are on, no matter the source, but mine will be blank... I've contacted Lincoln about another issue with my instrument cluster regarding selecting USB-1 or USB-2 from the hard button on the steering wheel and theforwarded the problem to the developer's, so who knows? Maybe mine is effed up...

Plus on page 141 of the manual it mentions that when you save a memory preset, the HUD settings are saved as well, so maybe the gauges selected work the same way.

direct007

Southern NJ
I am not aware that the memory seats have anything at all to do with the instrument cluster. By the way, what is meant by "factory settings?" I honestly do not recall how my cluster was configured when I bought the car. I set it like I wanted it and have rarely changed it except to either just see what was there or to check info like fuel economy, tire pressures, etc.

Remote starting with the key or the app doesn't change anything on mine.
When my instrument cluster reverts back to factory settings, it is blank on both sides and only shows a "needle" speedometer in the center. I have reset the memory for my seats and I am waiting to see if anything changes. As noted in my previous post, it usually reverts back after 2 days.

Dlpothier

Regarding the gauges...My new Lincoln Continental seems to revert back to the default setting about once every 2 or 3 days all by itself and I have to select the gauges that I want to have displayed again. I spoke to the manager at my dealer and he said it may need a software upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have the same issue with my 2019 Continental, sometimes it will stay as I set it for a couple weeks, other time it reverts back every time I start the car. I haven’t figured out a pattern yet..

topdavis

I have the same issue with my 2019 Continental, sometimes it will stay as I set it for a couple weeks, other time it reverts back every time I start the car. I haven’t figured out a pattern yet..
There is something wrong with the instrument cluster. I called Lincoln and they told me.to have the service department collect diagnostics and send them to their engineers. I'm going to try.to have this done next week sometime.

direct007

Southern NJ
There is something wrong with the instrument cluster. I called Lincoln and they told me.to have the service department collect diagnostics and send them to their engineers. I'm going to try.to have this done next week sometime.
After saving the settings again and resetting the memory seats on all 3 buttons, the instrument cluster on my car reset again after 2 days. Keep us posted on what happens with your car, please. Thanks!

Ctrcbob

Hope you guys have better luck getting these technology glitches fixed than I did.

Dealers could never fix mine and Lincoln just was not interested.

I’ve said before in this forum, the best Continentals I’ve ever had were my two 98’s and my 02.

direct007

Southern NJ
Hope you guys have better luck getting these technology glitches fixed than I did.

Dealers could never fix mine and Lincoln just was not interested.

I’ve said before in this forum, the best Continentals I’ve ever had were my two 98’s and my 02.
If the gauges not staying set is the worst thing that happens, then I'm ok with it. Otherwise, I love the car.

topdavis

The Dealer picked the car up this morning and they have been able to replicate a few of the instrument panel issues. They have a call into Lincoln and Lincoln Engineers are aware of the problem. They hope to have a fix by end of day tomorrow.

topdavis

Good news bad news situation... The dealer informed me that Lincoln currently do not have a fix. The problem can be reproduced on all 2019 Continental's of similar configuration (the dealer also tested several 2019's on their lot and reproduced the issue as well). Lincoln engineering is working on the fix and my car is being returned to me. I will be notified when the issue can be corrected. I will update the forum as I hear more. I would suspect this will also be addressed in a service bulletin at some point.

I do not know if it is related, but my car was upgraded to Sync v3.3 before I took ownership of it. I do recall when I test drove a 2018 I noticed the audio notification in the instrument panel with the regular radio on. Maybe Sync v3.3 screwed something up and a simple upgrade will solve the issue????

Can some other members check their Sync version just to see? I'm a little curious.

direct007

Southern NJ
Good news bad news situation... The dealer informed me that Lincoln currently do not have a fix. The problem can be reproduced on all 2019 Continental's of similar configuration (the dealer also tested several 2019's on their lot and reproduced the issue as well). Lincoln engineering is working on the fix and my car is being returned to me. I will be notified when the issue can be corrected. I will update the forum as I hear more. I would suspect this will also be addressed in a service bulletin at some point.

I do not know if it is related, but my car was upgraded to Sync v3.3 before I took ownership of it. I do recall when I test drove a 2018 I noticed the audio notification in the instrument panel with the regular radio on. Maybe Sync v3.3 screwed something up and a simple upgrade will solve the issue????

Can some other members check their Sync version just to see? I'm a little curious.
Good info. I just sent your update to my Lincoln dealer’s manager so he is aware. Thank you.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
Interesting....on my 2017, everything stays where I set it. I think I will turn off the automatic SYNC updates via WIFI until we are sure that 3.3 isn't causing the issue. Mine has not updated to that, yet.

jhvalente

Michigan
My new continental (built on 5/20) doesn’t show song names on dash or turbo gauge. It shows song names on Bluetooth but not radio or sat. I’ll try the forward flick to none on the display

kkriskal

Regarding the gauges...My new Lincoln Continental seems to revert back to the default setting about once every 2 or 3 days all by itself and I have to select the gauges that I want to have displayed again. I spoke to the manager at my dealer and he said it may need a software upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have the exact same problem in my 2019 continental. Did the software flash fix your issue

direct007

Southern NJ
I have the exact same problem in my 2019 continental. Did the software flash fix your issue
I still have the issue. I read on another thread that someone updated their software and the issue was resolved, but I logged onto my wifi network and requested an update and nothing changed. During the last visit to my dealer in September 2019, they had no info on the fix.

I just did a google search on the issue and this comes up: IPC Personalization Settings Reverting To Default Settings - 2017-2019 Lincoln Continental

Last edited:

topdavis

I have contacted Lincoln NUMEROUS times regarding my instrument panel issues. I have not gotten a fix, but they did give me an extended service plan to 3/2025 or 100000 miles. You can see my issues here Instrument Cluster Issues. This is just three, but from time to time my dash settings will go away and what I saved for my gauge settings will go away and I have to reset them...

HTML