2019 lincoln continental how to show engine temp gauge on dashboard

Norm 427

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

Start the engine. Press the button "DISP" (for display) on the R side of the steering column. It will show u a menu. One is "Gauges" ... not that one. The other option is "Info, Trip, Fuel". Click on that one by pressing on the Ok button. Then there are several choices ... scroll till you see "NONE" (it's on the second page, kinda hidden) and click on that. Bingo ... the Temp gauge mysteriously appears on the R side of the dash. It took me a while to find it, you're not alone.

jhartz

The same setting also gives you the turbo boost pressures: which is fun to watch. The key is to keep scrolling to the second page and finding NONE. There is really no better layout of the gauges: and once you know the key you can check mileage and tire pressure and then back to NONE.

Horseman

Norm 427, thanks for the reply. I continued exploring and found it by pushing none on the display. works just like you said. T
Thanks
Horseman

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Need to have the car parked and engine running. Early on, I found it was hit and miss in finding the 'none.' For whatever reason, now routine.
No need for engine running. Just press engine start with your foot off the brake and dash comes alive but not full functionality, like accessory mode, so press the OK button and you have full functionality. You can now change most anything.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
I don't think this works on the early models. Pressing "none" on mine simply shows my location and direction of travel. If I want to see the temp, I need to go to the gauges menu. Maybe I am not understanding the instructions by Norm.....

jhartz

When you are in the gauges menu, are you scrolling all the way to 'none?' Once 'none' shows, it needs to be highlighted, then press ok. Town is correct, you don't really need the engine to run. But on the'17, I found attempts to find 'none' seemed to be less hit or miss with motor running. But for the first six months it was hit or miss: now routine.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I think the way I get to NONE in Disp menu is to flick the OK switch forward toward the windshield and this highlights NONE so then I press OK and the gauges appear on the dash. Seems to work regardless of selected feature.

When I get my car back I will confirm that.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Checked out my car and confirm the flick forward of the OK switch always selects NONE as the default option in the DISP menu. So just click OK and your back to the right hand display of temp and boost gauges if that is your GAUGES selection.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
OK, I think I get what you are saying but that just gets you to all of the gauges in analog format, correct? Like this:
P1190032.JPG
In the example below, if I click "none," I would get my location and direction of travel but no temp gauge.
P1190033 (2).jpg
I had an aftermarket gauge on my last car that could show many different things. I installed it on my Continental. In this picture, I am displaying coolant temp and transmission temp.P1220039.JPG

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Yes that is right. The NONE displays what the GAUGES selection has in right segment. My dash is same as your first pic. Should work the same for the right segment in the first 2 pics. The 3rd pic is not a Continental so probably your MKS. I like the gauge that you installed. I assume it is plugged into the OBD2 port and can display a variety of PCM info functions. Scangauge 2 is the one I am thinking of getting, but I have not researched other possibilities.

Norm 427

OK, I think I get what you are saying but that just gets you to all of the gauges in analog format, correct? Like this:
View attachment 6126
In the example below, if I click "none," I would get my location and direction of travel but no temp gauge.
View attachment 6127
I had an aftermarket gauge on my last car that could show many different things. I installed it on my Continental. In this picture, I am displaying coolant temp and transmission temp.View attachment 6128
Could u tell us the make and model of the aftermarket gauge? Tnx!

2017Black

I just joined, and you have answered my question already. I like to check prices and I kept seeing the dash was different on same year, but did not know how to find that setting for display.
This was extremely helpful. Thank you all.

direct007

Southern NJ
Regarding the gauges...My new Lincoln Continental seems to revert back to the default setting about once every 2 or 3 days all by itself and I have to select the gauges that I want to have displayed again. I spoke to the manager at my dealer and he said it may need a software upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this?

brucelinc

Minneapolis
Regarding the gauges...My new Lincoln Continental seems to revert back to the default setting about once every 2 or 3 days all by itself and I have to select the gauges that I want to have displayed again. I spoke to the manager at my dealer and he said it may need a software upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this?
Mine stays exactly where I set it. I agree that you may need a software reflash.

HTML