2019 Lincoln Continental Black Label

UncleDanny

I am thinking about Blacking out my Brand New 2019 Lincoln Continental a few details.

Color: Black
Interior: Thoroughbred

I am pretty sure I want to tint the windows heavily. I am debating whether or not to black out the tail lights.

Anyone do this or have an opinion on it?

Sagar810

I am thinking about Blacking out my Brand New 2019 Lincoln Continental a few details.

Color: Black
Interior: Thoroughbred

I am pretty sure I want to tint the windows heavily. I am debating whether or not to black out the tail lights.

Anyone do this or have an opinion on it?
I have my tailights tinted. As for the continental as well, the good thing is, they are LEDs and that makes them really bright to begin with. Compared to the regular incandescent bulbs. Although, I would really advice against doing it in a cheap way. I just have a very ligth tint to match my black paint and give it custom look and it has been clear coated again to match it with the paint finish. I have no problems even in the light output in the day as well.

Please excuse the amatuer camera angles and photos.

Attachments

Sagar810

Well I would only black out the red area and the chrome on the back (NOT the are marked by blue outline). Including the Lincoln text if you really want to black it out. that way you will have a custom look as well as not have too much black out showing up to attract cops.

UncleDanny

View attachment 6328

Well I would only black out the red area and the chrome on the back (NOT the are marked by blue outline). Including the Lincoln text if you really want to black it out. that way you will have a custom look as well as not have too much black out showing up to attract cops.
Thanks for the input!
It’s hard to see but the Lincoln logo is actually Black Chrome because of the Black Label designation. Same with
the Continental badge and lug nut cap.

Just out of curiosity, why would you not do the brake lights?

Sagar810

Now that I see it closely, it does show the black chrome.

"Just out of curiosity, why would you not do the brake lights? "

Ideally a complete black tailight would not have enough substance. You do want the car to appear as if it has stylish lights and also give a break in the body lines.. You want it to be custom looking and not just a tacked on idea :)

Also, this would hardly compromise your light output but still keep the blacked out theme.

Remember, "Blacked out" theme is different from "Murdered out" (not making it up, learnt this from a SEMA professional).

In my lights as well, the led strips that light up in the center are white and are left white. the ligth from inside is red led bars to I still have maximum light output as well as have a blacked out light.

Just sharing what I think would look great on your car. If I was in the market for a sedan again, I would have done that to my continental :)

UncleDanny

Now that I see it closely, it does show the black chrome.

"Just out of curiosity, why would you not do the brake lights? "

Ideally a complete black tailight would not have enough substance. You do want the car to appear as if it has stylish lights and also give a break in the body lines.. You want it to be custom looking and not just a tacked on idea :)

Also, this would hardly compromise your light output but still keep the blacked out theme.

Remember, "Blacked out" theme is different from "Murdered out" (not making it up, learnt this from a SEMA professional).

In my lights as well, the led strips that light up in the center are white and are left white. the ligth from inside is red led bars to I still have maximum light output as well as have a blacked out light.

Just sharing what I think would look great on your car. If I was in the market for a sedan again, I would have done that to my continental :)
I really appreciate your input! Definitely giving me things to think about!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML