2018 passenger side rear seat entertainment screen not turning on

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

jyoo

The other day, the passenger side screen for the rear seat entertainment won't turn on. The kids were watching a something and the screen froze and became unresponsive. Main screen still functions correctly. We turned the vehicle off and on to try to reset it. Now the screen won't come on. The power button on the side is illuminated, but pushing it does nothing. I tried replacing the fuse, but still the same. Any ideas?

bbf2530

The other day, the passenger side screen for the rear seat entertainment won't turn on. The kids were watching a something and the screen froze and became unresponsive. Main screen still functions correctly. We turned the vehicle off and on to try to reset it. Now the screen won't come on. The power button on the side is illuminated, but pushing it does nothing. I tried replacing the fuse, but still the same. Any ideas?

Hi jyoo. Still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Warranty? If yes, don't mess around with it, and don't try DIY/temporary fixes that may only put a band-aid on a larger issue that will return later. Call your Lincoln Dealer to make a service appointment and let them know you will need a complementary loaner (unless you don't need one).

If no longer under warranty, perhaps another member here will be able to offer one of those DIY fixes.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

G-973013

I have the same issue. Any fixes?

jyoo

What's weird is the other day, the screen started working again. I'm wondering if there is a short somewhere with the wiring...

Ron Brooks

Mine did the same thing. I restarted the truck, power light was even on, but nothing. 2 days later it was fine and hasn't done it again in 3 months.

donb4325

Hi, I have been experiencing the same issue and it is happening more and more often. Recently had the vehicle in for service and they re-routed the power cable to see if that would fix a possible kink in the cord. It did not resolve. Anyone have any luck getting this repaired?

Chesapeake Limo

I ran into the same mysterious issue the other day for the first time. Left side was on and fine, right side was blank and unresponsive to the switch.

I turned the truck off, locked it, unlocked it, started it, and powered-on the left side first, then tried the right side. The right side powered-on. No idea if that was just luck or a solution. If it does it again, it's going to the dealer...$2K is too much for me to live with a glitch.

G-117328

I just purchased a certified pre owned 2019 Lincoln Navigator and it has the rear seat entertainment and have the same issue that the driver side tv works fine but the passenger side doesn’t turn on. The Lincoln dealership did some update or reset and made it work, now 3 days later and it turned off again. Has to be some type of wiring or communication malfunction between the tv’s. Not sure a DIY solution

bbf2530

I just purchased a certified pre owned 2019 Lincoln Navigator and it has the rear seat entertainment and have the same issue that the driver side tv works fine but the passenger side doesn’t turn on. The Lincoln dealership did some update or reset and made it work, now 3 days later and it turned off again. Has to be some type of wiring or communication malfunction between the tv’s. Not sure a DIY solution

Hi G. I would recommend against a "DIY" solution on a vehicle that still has a manufacturers warranty. As aggravating as it may be, make another service appointment to have it properly diagnosed and repaired/replaced.

Ask for a complementary loaner when you call for the service appointment.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Cramer4918

Hello Everyone. I just purchased a low mileage 2019 Reserve with the same issue. Has anyone been able to fully resolve the issue yet?

Chesapeake Limo

Hello Everyone. I just purchased a low mileage 2019 Reserve with the same issue. Has anyone been able to fully resolve the issue yet?
So, after a LOT of screwing around with this, I have determined that the intermediate fix is to move the Driver's seat to the lowest position and all the way forward and then power-on the right side monitor. Then I can return the driver's seat to a driving position.

This works until we can figure-out exactly what is causing the problem and making a permanent fix.

Cramer4918

So, after a LOT of screwing around with this, I have determined that the intermediate fix is to move the Driver's seat to the lowest position and all the way forward and then power-on the right side monitor. Then I can return the driver's seat to a driving position.

This works until we can figure-out exactly what is causing the problem and making a permanent fix.
I will try that.

The button is lit up on the side of the passenger monitor but it will not turn on. The funny thing is that it will turn on from the app. I can do all the functions from the app, just not from the monitor itself.

vipersinu2

I will try that.

The button is lit up on the side of the passenger monitor but it will not turn on. The funny thing is that it will turn on from the app. I can do all the functions from the app, just not from the monitor itself.
Here is the power button setup

Attachments

• 20211122_153256.jpg
    20211122_153256.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 4