2018 mkx roof rack cross bars

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Dwurz

Did Ford make cross bars for the 2016 - 2018 mkx roof racks.
My roof has the bars running parallel but no cross bars. I can't use the top bars for anything. Are they just trim pieces?

Richard

Last edited:

NautiOne

Arkansas
The rails are not trim pieces. Lincoln sells racks and carriers that fit on the rails. Search for "Lincoln Accessories." Thule appears to be the manufacturer, so you might go straight to their site and save a few $$. Good Luck.

Tofer

Thule Aero Bars fit perfectly you have to get the correct feet to mount it. It is not as low a profile as I would like but they look good as I have them mounted 24/7

Attachments

• IMG-2693.jpg
    IMG-2693.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 5

G-831734

Tofer,
Thanks for posting. I like the roof rack you have. It does look good.
I noticed the kit uses different sizes of bars - 7602 and 7603. I checked the front and read measurements and my rails are farther apart in the front by over an inch.
Did you notice that when installing your bars?
Richard

Tofer

Yes they do require the two sizes, that kind of perplexed me at first but, like you, I measured to confirm I wanted them to end at the rail and not hang over and this fit the bill. The party piece is the feet they have to work withthe aero bar and the side rails. I found a complete set on ebay for half the cost, and the feet fit perfectly.

Dwurz

Thanks Tofer,
I am looking on ebay now and that's why I am familiarizing myself with the parts. So far I think I need 4 of the 4047 feet and two bars. One 7602 and one 7603 cross bar. Does that sound familiar to you?

Dwurz

I sure will. Thanks
So far I have the 4 podium mounts and one crossbar. I installed those parts and can see that this setup will not be as strong as a truck. It will serve my porposes though.
I may buy the second bar tomorrow.
Richard

Dwurz

Thanks to the posters for your help.
I finally got the rest of the parts and installed the Thule roof rack. It looks good and every thing fits very well.

I think Thule makes first class roof racks and they are expensive. I spent quite a bit of time reasearching and bought some new and some used parts to get a complete set. I wound spending less than half of the retail price.
Richard