• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2018 Lincoln Navigator suspension lifted up after battery swap

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

nalonrico

Jun 18, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Navigator
I recently changed the factory battery by my self for a new one ,
first the sidesteps for the doors weren't coming down ,second it looks and it feels like the suspension lifted up for about 2 inches and is not that smooth used to be , I took it to the dealer ship and they fixed the running boards but not the suspencion ,
I have been reading looking for an answer and i had not found nothing .
does any one had this problem before or knows how to fix it ?
thanks in advance .

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I recently changed the factory battery by my self for a new one ,
first the sidesteps for the doors weren't coming down ,second it looks and it feels like the suspension lifted up for about 2 inches and is not that smooth used to be , I took it to the dealer ship and they fixed the running boards but not the suspencion ,
I have been reading looking for an answer and i had not found nothing .
does any one had this problem before or knows how to fix it ?
thanks in advance .

Hi nalonrico and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. There is a battery reset procedure which must be performed after changing the battery. Certain vehicle functions can be affected or inoperative until that reset procedure is performed. This is explained in the Owners Manual.

Alternately, leaving the vehicle sitting completely untouched for at least 8 hours will accomplish a reset. However, that means completely untouched, locked, don't approach the vehicle with a keyfob, do not use the LincolnWay app to check any vehicle information, etc. etc.

With the limited information provided, it is not possible to determine if this is the cause of your issue, but it is possible.

Keep us updated and good luck.

nalonrico

Jun 18, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Navigator
Hi nalonrico and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. There is a battery reset procedure which must be performed after changing the battery. Certain vehicle functions can be affected or inoperative until that reset procedure is performed. This is explained in the Owners Manual.

Alternately, leaving the vehicle sitting completely untouched for at least 8 hours will accomplish a reset. However, that means completely untouched, locked, don't approach the vehicle with a keyfob, do not use the LincolnWay app to check any vehicle information, etc. etc.

With the limited information provided, it is not possible to determine if this is the cause of your issue, but it is possible.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the welcome.
Unfortunately i didn't follow any of those steps like i said before I took it to the dealership and everything is working like before except the suspension. I think i will be taking it to the dealer by next week. Have a great weekend.