2018 CONTINENTAL CABIN FILTER REPLACEMENT

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

link401

Apr 15, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 continental
Need detailed instructions and drawings to replace cabin filter in 2018 continental.....HELP

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Last edited:

pboehmer

Apr 5, 2021
Agreed, definitively a PITA. It boggles my mind how design->engineering->build process, they thought it was acceptable for a regularly replaced part to be so difficult to replace. I do my own maintenance and only have replaced mine once so far (took me 1.5hr taking my time not to destroy the plastic fasteners), but I am always curious on what the billable tech hours it is to do this? I also wonder how many times customers are told that it was replaced and it never was.

edgardop73

Sep 24, 2020
They charged me $70 to replace it at the dealer. Too much stuff to take out and I don't have the same patience as I used to.

pboehmer

Apr 5, 2021
They charged me $70 to replace it at the dealer. Too much stuff to take out and I don't have the same patience as I used to.
Was this labor and part combined, or just labor? Out of curiosity, did your bill say how much time it took the tech?

edgardop73

Sep 24, 2020
Labor and parts. I didnt check the time, I would have to look at the bill. I called in advance and asked for the price beforehand. As soon as I got there I told them that was the price I was given and they confirmed it so I left it there.

pboehmer

Apr 5, 2021
Labor and parts. I didnt check the time, I would have to look at the bill. I called in advance and asked for the price beforehand. As soon as I got there I told them that was the price I was given and they confirmed it so I left it there.
No worries. Thanks for letting us know the cost!

JohnMitchell

Jun 26, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Lincoln Continental

JohnMitchell

Jun 26, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Lincoln Continental
Need detailed instructions and drawings to replace cabin filter in 2018 continental.....HELP
Link, as I said below..... I also need detailed video and/or pics on how to change the cabin filter on a 2018 Lincoln Continental. YouTube has two videos but they are not helpful and they are for a 2017 Lincoln Continental which may be different and I also do not want to damage any clips or ANYTHING for that matter

JohnMitchell

Jun 26, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Lincoln Continental

JohnMitchell

Jun 26, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Lincoln Continental
Now, I have been messing with this for 2 hours and still have no idea how to get to the cabin filter..... and I have a fair amount of DIY experience. I was all set to take pictures and make this simple as can be...... but as I said earlier..... I don't want to break anything.

The Owners Manual that comes with the vehicle says that the Cabin Filter is behind the glove box..... however, I can't get to it and I looked in the engine compartment and see no way of access there either. AND it took me a long time to find my 7 mm socket... but I took the 2 of them out and it does not release the glove box

JohnMitchell

Jun 26, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Lincoln Continental
I took it to the Dealer and he used my RockAuto.com cabin filter and showed me how it is done: To replace cabin filter: in back seat-pull off bottom of console trim it pops right off; then in passenger seat pop off console trim; pop off trim to right of glove box; remove four 7mm screws on box; then remove screws on outer sides of box (1 under console trim, left side of glove box) and the other under the popped off trim between glove box and passenger door; remove box; release 2 tabs one on each side of filter; replace filter