2017 Navigator puddle lamp Lincoln logo looks bad.

Tikiman

California
Just the other night I was getting into the Navigator and the puddle lights on the mirrors that project the Lincoln logos looks horrible. The last time I noticed them they looked fine. I take very good care of our Navigator but I have no idea what might have caused the logo to look like it is breaking up. I don’t know how to describe it other than instead of a nice sharp logo it looked like it is scratched up and coming off. I assume there is something it projects the light through and something is happening to that part. The Lincoln logo is almost gone from the center and the edges of the shape are no longer sharp but looked scratched. Can going through a car wash cause this? Can these be replaced? Has anyone else had this happen? I know it is minor but I don’t like anything being wrong with my vehicles and this one is just a year old this week.

bbf2530

Just the other night I was getting into the Navigator and the puddle lights on the mirrors that project the Lincoln logos looks horrible. The last time I noticed them they looked fine. I take very good care of our Navigator but I have no idea what might have caused the logo to look like it is breaking up. I don’t know how to describe it other than instead of a nice sharp logo it looked like it is scratched up and coming off. I assume there is something it projects the light through and something is happening to that part. The Lincoln logo is almost gone from the center and the edges of the shape are no longer sharp but looked scratched. Can going through a car wash cause this? Can these be replaced? Has anyone else had this happen? I know it is minor but I don’t like anything being wrong with my vehicles and this one is just a year old this week.
Hi Tikiman. Is your Navigator still within the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, make an appointment to have it serviced and replaced.
If not, then yes, it can be replaced. Going through a good car wash should not cause that issue.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Tikiman

California
Hi Tikiman. Is your Navigator still within the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, make an appointment to have it serviced and replaced.
If not, then yes, it can be replaced. Going through a good car wash should not cause that issue.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thanks. Yes it is still under warranty and I have the extended that covers everything. I just got it a year ago last week but it was the 2017 model. I saw you can buy them for about $22 each side but I will see if they will replace them. I can't understand what made them do that. I was very surprised so I wondered if anyone else had them do that.

enzodast

I just bought a '16 navigator. The driver side logo is all messed up like you describe. The passenger side is perfect. I'll have to have it replaced, not sure what could have caused it either.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML