2017 MKz Hybrid Fuel Filter Location

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Derekw66

Hi guys,
New to the forum already looking for answers. Hopefully it’s an easy one, I’m looking for the fuel filter location on my 2017 MKZ hybrid. Doesn’t seem like any one has talked about it much. I don’t have a lift and I’m not very keen on removing most of the covers under the car or searching inside wheel wells. Trying to narrow my search down a bit and I don’t have a lift. I’m not very keen on removing most of the covers under the car or searching inside wheel wells. Trying to narrow my search down a bit Thanks in advance for the advice

bbf2530

Hi guys,
New to the forum already looking for answers. Hopefully it’s an easy one, I’m looking for the fuel filter location on my 2017 MKZ hybrid. Doesn’t seem like any one has talked about it much. I don’t have a lift and I’m not very keen on removing most of the covers under the car or searching inside wheel wells. Trying to narrow my search down a bit and I don’t have a lift. I’m not very keen on removing most of the covers under the car or searching inside wheel wells. Trying to narrow my search down a bit Thanks in advance for the advice

Hi Derek. If you take a look in the Index of your Owners Manual under "Fuel Filter", you will find that it is located in the fuel tank and replacement is not needed or called for (as jkeaton noted).

"FUEL FILTER
Your vehicle is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with the fuel tank. Regular maintenance or replacement is not needed."

If you do not have your Owners Manual hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

On a side note for others: The MKZ 3.0T AWD does have a replaceable/serviceable fuel filter.

Good luck.

Derekw66

Wow, ok. Didn’t expect that, but I guess I can understand with it being such a small gas engine. But still, just doesn’t seem right, like “lifetime transmission fluid”. Fuel filters should be changed at some point, why make it hard? Anyway, thanks for the knowledge, I very much appreciate it.

elp81296

Double check your manual again. There is conflicting information in the owners manual. See this forum. The fuel filter DOES need to be replaced periodically on a 2017 MKZ.

bbf2530

Double check your manual again. There is conflicting information in the owners manual. See this forum. The fuel filter DOES need to be replaced periodically on a 2017 MKZ.

Hi elp. If you read the entire thread you linked to, it states that only the 3.0T AWD MKZ has a serviceable fuel filter.
The 2.0T and Hybrid have the fuel filter located in the fuel tank and it is considered a lifetime/not serviceable item.

The OP has a Hybrid MKZ, so the fuel filter is located in the fuel tank and does not need changing/is considered a lifetime item.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Last edited: