2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve - steering wheel issue

2017Lincoln

Sometimee when starting my 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve the steering wheel will remain locked (it will not steer) and a number of warning messages will be displayed on the dashboard.
After restarting the car several times I can hear a relay clicking on the steering column and the steering wheel gets unlocked.
This issue is not consistent, when I went to the dealer for service they could not replicate the problem however now I'm experiencing this again.
What needs to be done to fix this issue?

Attachments

bbf2530

Sometimee when starting my 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve the steering wheel will remain locked (it will not steer) and a number of warning messages will be displayed on the dashboard.
After restarting the car several times I can hear a relay clicking on the steering column and the steering wheel gets unlocked.
This issue is not consistent, when I went to the dealer for service they could not replicate the problem however now I'm experiencing this again.
What needs to be done to fix this issue?
Hi 2017Lincoln. My recommendation (if you can not find another suggestion which solves your issue): Next time it happens, do not try to restart the car. Leave it running, call Lincoln Roadside Service and have them send someone out so they can witness the issue first hand. Then have the car towed to the Dealership and let them give you a loaner while they fix it.

I'm not so sure the Continental actually has a locking steering column (not saying it does not, just that many cars no longer do). So it is possible that it is not actually locking, but that the EPAS/power steering system is not working correctly, which would make it extremely difficult to turn the wheel on a stationary car, making it feel like it is locked.

Did you show the Lincoln Service Department the photos you posted here of the fault indicators and warnings? That would also help.

Keep us updated and good luck.

2017Lincoln

This is great bbf2530, I will call Lincoln Roadside Service in the morning and will see what they can do.
I've already send the pictures to the Service Department, I'm looking forward for their reply.
Also you are correct, it's indeed very difficult turning the wheel when this hapen so it's likely related to the EPAS/power steering system.
Your assistance is hightly appreciated, thank you!

jhvalente

Michigan
This is great bbf2530, I will call Lincoln Roadside Service in the morning and will see what they can do.
I've already send the pictures to the Service Department, I'm looking forward for their reply.
Also you are correct, it's indeed very difficult turning the wheel when this hapen so it's likely related to the EPAS/power steering system.
Your assistance is hightly appreciated, thank you!
How did this shake out?

Ctrcbob

Every time I'd start my 2017, my Steering Wheel would automatically adjust (tilt) ever so slightly lower. Had to reset once or twice a week.

Also terrible seat problems!

Been to dealer many times.
Not fixable - This is a Luxury Car?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML