2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve Amplifier location

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

enfamale

Hi everyone, I'm looking to add an subwoofer to my 13 speaker revel audio in my Continental and I'm in need of a diagram or the known location of the amp.
Thanks for any info

RoadRage786

Hi everyone, I'm looking to add an subwoofer to my 13 speaker revel audio in my Continental and I'm in need of a diagram or the known location of the amp.
Thanks for any info

It's in the rear right side of the trunk I believe. I added a sub, however I didn't add an amp, I purchased a powered all in one unit. I wouldn't mess with taking out the amp unless you are purchasing a DSP capable amp with 13 channels. Also, make sure you disconnect the mics on the roof panel or you will get back feedback.

enfamale

Im planning to keep everything else factory, just run a converter into the rear sub and plug in my amp. I'll have to check into the mics on the roof panel. I definitely appreciate the info.
Thanks,

socialninja

It's in the rear right side of the trunk I believe. I added a sub, however I didn't add an amp, I purchased a powered all in one unit. I wouldn't mess with taking out the amp unless you are purchasing a DSP capable amp with 13 channels. Also, make sure you disconnect the mics on the roof panel or you will get back feedback.
Do share! I’m considering add speakers/sub to mine. I’m looking for input. How does your additional sub perform? 🥷

socialninja

The additional sub sounds like it should. It adds perfect depth. I need to disconnect the rear panel sub since it rattles the panel, and not needed.
I had really hoped to add a rear deck sub. I believe there is a place for it. I had one in my Mercedes S450SEL AMG, when I live in Germany. It was awesome. If I keep this car past the new year, without upgrading, I want to add more sound deadening. I just think that it can be better.

socialninja

The additional sub sounds like it should. It adds perfect depth. I need to disconnect the rear panel sub since it rattles the panel, and not needed.
Do you have a sub box with amp, or did you choose a simple tube? Also, what size did you go with? It sounds like you achieved exactly what I want. I’m not trying to rattle windows when I drive by, I want to improve the quality of music. I also don’t want to seriously impact my trunk space.

RoadRage786

Do you have a sub box with amp, or did you choose a simple tube? Also, what size did you go with? It sounds like you achieved exactly what I want. I’m not trying to rattle windows when I drive by, I want to improve the quality of music. I also don’t want to seriously impact my trunk space.

I chose to go with a Focal Bomba powered sub which has a nice 8" but produces excellent results. I went for the powered just to get the wiring in place and then add a multichannel DSP amp later. What's nice about the sub is it complements the stock system well.

dmorneau

Are these the 2 round things just in front of the sun glasses holder?? I was wondering what these little eyes are. LOL

MarkX

Those little eyes are spying on your passenger and you. They assess your attentiveness to alert you if you nod off. I think I have deactivated them, but you never know.

Tseg

I have the base 10 speaker Lincoln Premium sound. A while back I was all caught up trying spend a lot of money trying to upgrade to the 20 speaker system. Ultimately, I adjusted my Treble and Bass each 1 notch down from max and Midrange 1 notch up from center and I am blown away how improved the sound of my system has become. I was particularly taken aback when I play over #20 volume how the system just keeps taking more and more with no distortion and super punchy Bass.

I’m sure a $1K-$4K investment would improve sound more, but for me, now the cheap system has evolved from bland, muddled and annoying to listen to to “good enough” and then some.

Makes me wonder whether Lincoln had just severely detuned the sound to help drive upgrades?