2017 Continental Service Manual

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The cabin air filter is located behind the glove compartment and requires disassembly of part of the center console back to the rear seat portion.
That is a much bigger job than I was expecting. So I checked on U-Tube:

Wow, no wonder the Owner manual says to see a qualified technician.
EDIT: Look at the comments, there are not many. There are 2 hyper links that give some advice on perhaps a better way of removing the side panel of center console. Also, on the video the person thinks the air flow is upward, but there is more debris on top than at bottom of filter so I think the air flow is downward. I would like to see what the service manual says before tackling this job.

Last edited:

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
@m1nkyb0y
Can you post the Cabin filter replacement procedure using a pdf? Your hyperlinks are within your system and don't work for others unless your computer is on and set for access to your CD or hard drive if you have a version there.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
@m1nkyb0y Your manual seems to be just like my older Lincoln manual. When I wanted a pdf version of a procedure I would go to the procedure and at the very top of the electronic page (giving manual info) right click and select "print" from the drop down list. The print dialogue box appears with your assigned printers, choose the pdf printer (in my case it is ADOBE). If you don't have a pdf printer go to your device printer set up and create one like Miscrosoft pdf writer and save as one of your printers.

If that works for you then go to the Cabin Filter procedure and print the pdf and then hyperlink to the console procedure and print the pdf. I find the pdf page sizes great and can print them out to allow me to work in my garage to do the repair. Dirty hands and handling phones or tablets do not work for me. Paper docs work well and I can file them for future use.

Hope this applies to your setup and helps you.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
My Helm manual for my 2017 Lincoln Continental arrived today. It was easy to set-up and an improved version of the previous Lincoln Town Car manuals. It has all the hyperlinks to take you deeper into the hyperlinked index for each car component. You still need to know Ford lingo for the names of components etc, but that has always been the case with manuals. There is an upgrade to show screws and fittings and the parts in colour (as does @m1nkyb0y manual) which is a great improvement.

The price came in at a little under CAD$300 with taxes and fees included. Helm are the official publishers for Ford.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Thanks Town, that PDF method works great.
I created two pdf files of the procedure to replace the cabin air filter and posted here: Replacing the cabin Air filter on 2017 Continental

I also found that you can copy a part of a procedure and paste it into a post here. That did not work with the older manuals. My new manual is not date protected so does not need the computer date set to 2017. This must be the same as your manual since you are using it with current computer date, I think.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
My Helm service manual has 3 parts:
-Workshop manual;
-Wiring diagrams;
-PC/ED (Power train control and emissions diagnostics manual).

The wiring diagrams do not work, it shows the hyperlink index, but the appropriate diagram does not show up due to errors loading the diagrams. I have the same problem with the 2007 Town car manual on Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem?

I will be calling Helm on Monday.

HTML