2016 Navigator Cabin Air Filter Help

enzodast

connecticut
Hey guys,

So i'm embarrassed to even ask this but i've searched high and low online, and through the owners manual. I have removed the glove box (drop down like most cars) to access what i thought would be the cabin air filter.

However when i do this i'm met with a solid panel with a few maybe 7mm nuts. It does not look like a cabin air filter is anywhere back that at least that i can see.

I literally can find nothing online for this, no 2016 model navigator replacement videos and the owner manual has no mention of it.

I've seen some people post that the vehicle actually does not have a cabin air filter (which i find hard to believe especially since i could find compatible models online and the dealer's recommended service included the cabin air filter replacement).

Where the heck is the cover and access to this thing!?!?!? Every other vehicle i've ever owned it's always easily accessible after popping down the glovebox.

Help please!

enzodast

connecticut

bbf2530

Thanks, i've seen this link in my research but it only shows the engine air filter. How about the cabin filter?
Hi enzo. It shows how to change the cabin air filter. I just clicked and watched it. There are 5 videos. They are the ones just to the right of the video display box.

It is rather generic (not even sure if it is a Navigator they use for the demo), but it shows how to change a cabin air filter.

Good luck.

enzodast

connecticut
Hi enzo. It shows how to change the cabin air filter. I just clicked and watched it. There are 5 videos. They are the ones just to the right of the video display box.

It is rather generic (not even sure if it is a Navigator they use for the demo), but it shows how to change a cabin air filter.

Good luck.

Ya, i've unfortunately seen those. I need something specific to a 2016 model year navigator. It does not look like what i'm used to seeing after removing the glove box. I can't find any videos online. I'm hoping there are folks in this forum with a 2015 or 2016 navigator who can help me with this. The generic videos just aren't accurate for this model year vehicle.

enzodast

connecticut
It literally says 2003-2017 Lincoln Navigator cabin air filter replacement. How did you get "engine air filter" out of that?
I know, kinda nuts that it would say 2003 to 2017 lincoln navigator but then below the video it shows "car displayed" is a 2016 Ford f-150 XLT. Unfortunately this it not how my navigator looks so even though the video is labeled for a navigator it certainly does not show my model year navigator.