2016 MKX Ford recall 20S42 (Front brake lines)

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

Yeah, not much luck from Ford Customer Service. I'll start calling local dealerships to see if they have any updates.

Hi Reyhook. I was assuming you had already called your local Lincoln/Ford Dealerships, since they will have the latest information as to when parts would be available. Even if that latest information is "We don't know yet". Speak to both the Service and Parts Departments.

Since you may not have previously called your Dealership/Dealerships, a question or three:
Did you receive a recall letter from Lincoln/Ford?
If you received a recall letter, did you previously call your Lincoln Dealer about the recall?
What did they tell you?
Did you receive a letter that the parts were available?

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Reyhook. I was assuming you had already called your local Lincoln/Ford Dealerships, since they will have the latest information as to when parts would be available. Even if that latest information is "We don't know yet". Speak to both the Service and Parts Departments.

Since you may not have previously called your Dealership/Dealerships, a question or three:
Did you receive a recall letter from Lincoln/Ford?
If you received a recall letter, did you previously call your Lincoln Dealer about the recall?
What did they tell you?
Did you receive a letter that the parts were available?

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Ford customer service said that a letter was sent the first part of this month. I've only a couple Lincoln/Ford dealerships in this area and it's a pain to get to talk to a real person about this recall. A lot of them are clueless. I'm not actually experiencing any symptoms for the recall; just curious.

bbf2530

Ford customer service said that a letter was sent the first part of this month. I've only a couple Lincoln/Ford dealerships in this area and it's a pain to get to talk to a real person about this recall. A lot of them are clueless. I'm not actually experiencing any symptoms for the recall; just curious.

Hi Reyhook. Yes, I was trying to help you satisfy your curiosity. ;)

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :)

Astroboy55

Had recall on brake lines completed this week. Parts came in to dealership about 2 weeks ago. I had no issues before and after replacement feels the same. Though could tell by looking behind each tire that needs lines had been put on.

Zumkopf

I can tell you that last week I had a 2017 MKX taken over to a Lincoln dealer for a pre-purchase inspection by the Lincoln experts. While it was there, they noticed the outstanding brake hose recall and performed it without even being asked. So I'm guessing you can get it done anytime.

JMG212

After more than six months from when I received the recall letter I was speaking to the service manager about an unrelated matter and happened to ask about this recall. He checked with parts Dept and said that the parts were in. So a few weeks ago I had my front lines replaced at the dealer. I also had had no problems with leakage.

Deadhead5573

I had mine done last week. Right after the week prior I got a new catalytic converter installed. Now 2 weeks to the day, the other cat just went! 50k miles on the car. For the brake hoses. they were in stock and it took half a day to do them.

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
Mine was scheduled, but today they cancelled the appointment. They said the parts didn't come in and they don't know when they'll get them. They said they'll call me when they can do the recall.

Markoftexas

Anyone have information about when this recall will be implemented? The NHTSA doesn't show any updated info.
My dealer had the recall parts instock. My recall has been completed. Lincoln of Grapevine - Grapevine TX

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
My dealer had the recall parts instock. My recall has been completed. Lincoln of Grapevine - Grapevine TX
I'm out of their service area, which means I can't get a loaner or pickup/delivery. I had some service done there after North Hills L/M closed and before Hooks moved from Weatherford to Fort Worth.

Last edited:

Hank The Crank

Anyone have information about when this recall will be implemented? The NHTSA doesn't show any updated info.
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
- NHTSA #Pending
- Recall #20S42 FRONT BRAKE FLEXIBLE HOSE LEAKS. Is this the one your asking about? If so "before" you drop off your car ask them "Do you have the parts in stock for this recall, or will I have to leave it there for several days to a Week?" It would "Shock and Awe" you how many people make appointments Weeks in advance only to find out they can't just "wait." Then you wind up renting a car (for a few days to a week at your cost)! Question Authority! It one of a dozen "flaws in logic" I pass onto anyone that reads this!

Tofer

Im havingto deal with the Ford dealer as there are no Lincoln dealers within 100 miles. Out of stock....Ill try again in a few months or if they call me when the parts come in...not holding my breath