2015 MKZ 2.0 eco boost Trouble starting after fueling.

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

CMartis84

I just bought a 2015 MKZ 2.0 eco boost 3 days ago. It has 40,000 miles on it. I refueled it for the first time today. It was at 1/4 tank and I filled it with 13 gallons of 87 octane. I followed the directions exactly with the cap less fuel filler. The car would not start. I had to rev the engine to get it to crank. Then when I let off the gas It would die. I did this a few times and it finally idled correctly with no further issues. The check engine light has been on because of an evaporation leak code. Which I suspect the cap less fuel filler needs replaced. Taking to the shop Tuesday to have that done. Are starting issues common? Anyone experienced this issue?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CMartis84

The dealership checked my car out yesterday and said the purge valve needs to be replaced. Also it was throwing a code for a bad O2 sensor, which is unrelated to my issue. They’ve ordered both parts and I’m taking it to be repaired Monday. I’ll post again in about a week if this resolves the issue.

bbf2530

The dealership checked my car out yesterday and said the purge valve needs to be replaced. Also it was throwing a code for a bad O2 sensor, which is unrelated to my issue. They’ve ordered both parts and I’m taking it to be repaired Monday. I’ll post again in about a week if this resolves the issue.

Hi CMartis. Glad to hear they were able to diagnose your issue and get it fixed soon.

Keep us updated and good luck.

CMartis84

I've got great news. I wanted to wait at least one month before I opened my mouth to be sure the issue was resolved. The purge valve was replaced and it took care of the issue. No more check engine light, and no more issues starting. Seeing the car only had 40,000 miles and is over 5 years old I'm guessing it sit for a while. Possibly clogging up the small tubes in the purge valve with the ethanol gas. Either way I'm glad it's resolved. So far that's the only issue we've had with the car. My wife absolutely loves it.

WyoJen

I've got great news. I wanted to wait at least one month before I opened my mouth to be sure the issue was resolved. The purge valve was replaced and it took care of the issue. No more check engine light, and no more issues starting. Seeing the car only had 40,000 miles and is over 5 years old I'm guessing it sit for a while. Possibly clogging up the small tubes in the purge valve with the ethanol gas. Either way I'm glad it's resolved. So far that's the only issue we've had with the car. My wife absolutely loves it.
Can you please tell me the cost of the replacement of the purge valve?

bbf2530

Can you please tell me the cost of the replacement of the purge valve?

Hi WyoJen. You may get a quicker answer if you call the Service Department at your local Lincoln (or Ford) Dealer and ask them.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.