2014 MKS NO SOUND ON RADIO AFTER REPLACING FCIM

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Tegan1213

I just replaced my FCIM due to the heat/ac controls now the radio controls on the screen above will not work. Can not change to am/fm and no sound. The touch screen is working but i can not control the radio and no sound except when I plan the THX demo. United Radio who swap out the fcim is say it could be the radio or the touch screen. Anyone else with this type of issue? How did you resolve it?

Rongold

I sent mine out to the guy on Ebay, and everything worked perfectly when I reinstalled it. Was yours a replacement or did they fix your old one ??? Try plugging your old one back in if you still have it. If the one you got was a replacement, did you check the engineering number on the tag on the back of the FCIM ??? Was it exactly the same as the original ??? Unplug the FCIM and see if you can control the radio from the screen---You should be able to. If you can, then it sounds like the FCIM is bad.

RON

Rongold

As an addition to my posts above, when I had the FCIM disconnected on my 14 MKS, I was able to control everything on the radio either on the screen or on the steering wheel. Everything was controllable. The A/C was another story--It defaulted to defrost and full heat---A/C compressor would not run. If your radio comes to life when you unplug the FCIM, then I think your replacement FCIM is defective.