• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

2014 Lincoln Navigator

mark95man

My former experience with Lincoln was a new 1970 MARK III, 1996 Town Car Signature with Touring Package and a 2007 Town Car Designer. I do NOT like nor will ever own any FWD vehicle! On December 16, 2013, I purchased a new 2014 Lincoln Navigator 4X4. Before purchase, I checked the Ford Expedition 4X4 that sells for about $10,000 less. I test drove both of these vehicles and found the Navigator quieter and finished off to a higher degree.

I wanted a second row of Captains chairs WITH a console between the seats + HID Headlights The Expedition did not offer this equipment. Additionally the Navigator has a 4year full warranty + 6 years power train warranty. These differences narrowed the cost difference by several thousand dollars.

The interior of both are poorly lite in my opinion. I replaced all of the ‘blue’ bulbs with white LEDs. Additionally I installed a white LED panel to the front left and right foot areas below the dash. I ‘stole’ + battery from the passenger overhead map light, running the cable along the headliner and down the weather stripping at the door. Then connected the right LED panel and continued the wiring to the driver’s side. I found one screw for the ground near each panel. I ran the wiring this way so that these LED panels light when the interior lights operated.

I wanted the 20" polished wheels. However due to limited space, the spare wheel/tire is 18". I see no way to put a 20" wheel/tire in the available space. I ordered a 12" braided hose to make spare tire pressure checks easier. I noticed a ‘tray’ under the oil filter. I hated changing the oil on the 2007 TC as there was no tray. This ‘tray’ did not work when I changed the oil last week. :( . Still kind of a mess changing the oil but my large drip pan got it all--still had to clean off the oil from the vehicle where it went.

On the under side, near the right front passenger seat, a weather seal is missing–I could see the sound proofing. I used gaffer tape for now and will obtain the correct seal at the Dealership–not worth the trip for just this seal.

I’ll update as my experience with this vehicle continues.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Bob,

The 2007 LTC has the oil filter drip tray as standard. It is small and you have to keep the filter pressed to the threaded fitting as you loosen it. The oil will flow down the tray to the spout and into your container. But if you move the filter away from the threaded housing a little too far then the flow will be too much and flow over the steering rack assembly and make a mess. Picture attached.

Sounds like you are going to enjoy your Navigator. Good luck with it.

Take care,
Art

Attachments

mark95man

Checking the tire pressure in the Navigator's spare tire is fun as you must drop the tire down. Since I don't enjoy this type of fun, I purchased a 12" long braided SS air valve extension on Amazon.com for under $20. These were made for rear dual wheel trucks and installed easily. With the tire up into the storage area, there's no issue to check the spare's tire pressure via this extended hose. I also installed a locked cable through the spare tire's wheel, up and over the rear cross member.

Navi17

Raleigh, NC
What is your gas mileage like in your 2014 Navigator. I have a 2013 and find that I cannot get close to the EPA rating. Best I ever got on it was 16 doing 60MPH.

mark95man

What is your gas mileage like in your 2014 Navigator. I have a 2013 and find that I cannot get close to the EPA rating. Best I ever got on it was 16 doing 60MPH.
Currently mixed driving I'm hitting 16.6 MPG that's with going at 65 MPH on main roads. In June I did a road trip hitting 22 MPG on a highway from AZ to CA. Speed was 65-70 MPH with no stopping and no hills. The key is to keep the vehicle moving, looking ahead for traffic conditions and not having a heavy right foot. I am above the EPA for the 2014 V-8 4X4 and the 2015 4X4 with that darn V-6.

HTML