• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 MkX Driver's Seat Rocking

jpw501

Sorry if this is a common thread, but SEARCH produced zero returns! Anyway, the driver's seat in my 2013 MkX is rocking. What I mean is that it's loose, so that when accelerating, I can feel it move backwards and conversely, when I brake, it moves forward. It's not a large movement but its very annoying, especially on a vehicle with only 52K miles!
Obviously its the seat track, so has anyone dealt with this issue, and if so, what did you do?
Thanks for your input.

Roberto Gomez

Sorry if this is a common thread, but SEARCH produced zero returns! Anyway, the driver's seat in my 2013 MkX is rocking. What I mean is that it's loose, so that when accelerating, I can feel it move backwards and conversely, when I brake, it moves forward. It's not a large movement but its very annoying, especially on a vehicle with only 52K miles!
Obviously its the seat track, so has anyone dealt with this issue, and if so, what did you do?
Thanks for your input.
I did in a 2011 MKX, I just used a ratchet to tight the screws that support the seat and my problem was gone. There must be 4, two at the back and two at the front. Check this video:

G-140491

Thanks for your input.
My 2011 MKX does the same thing. It seems if I adjust the seat position if fixed it for awhile, but then starts again. Have you found a fix for this?
Thanks

jpw501

Hello, No I haven't and I've yet to take it apart to see if it can be fixed. I also noticed that it seems to be somewhat position-sensitive, and my wife's setting which is more forward does not rock. The dealer said it was the seat track and that the price was something like $1,600!!! I coughed a little and passed. I hope someone comes up with a fix!!

Thanks for your response.

Sportedge

Hello, No I haven't and I've yet to take it apart to see if it can be fixed. I also noticed that it seems to be somewhat position-sensitive, and my wife's setting which is more forward does not rock. The dealer said it was the seat track and that the price was something like $1,600!!! I coughed a little and passed. I hope someone comes up with a fix!!

Thanks for your response.
My 2011 does that also. Turns out it's the pivot (large head rivet) where the seat articulate when going down/up. The whole seat will have to come apart, chase the rivet, weld the crease up the the proper height, grind smooth, replace the rivet and put everything back together. The previous owner must have been a big person, or someone played with the height of the seat so much the pivot created a crease at the axe from repeated movement. The seat rocks from the RH rear corner to the LH front corner.

G-746975

Oh great, so much for a quick, easy fix! Ugg. 😞 Thank you for your insight and suggestion. Sounds like getting a junkyard seat to thrash first might be less stressful.

HTML