2013 mkt state button fell in dash panel

Android29

How to remove panel under steering wheel to reattach push button
I've never had to remove that specific panel, but I wouldnt be suprised if it is held on with some screws under and behind the facade. Maybe some under the wooden inlays. Those arent hard to remove. Just about all the trip is held in place with clips. I'll go check it out some more however to give you a definite answer.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I believe he’s referring to the start button, not the trip button. The 2013 and up has a different setup than the previous years. ‘13 and up is all digital through the steering wheel controls on the gauge cluster.

Android29

I believe he’s referring to the start button, not the trip button. The 2013 and up has a different setup than the previous years. ‘13 and up is all digital through the steering wheel controls on the gauge cluster.
Whoops, my bad, I meant Trim not Trip!

Yeah, the trip and cluster on the two are completely different, but isnt the start button in the same location for all model years?

Mercinator

There should be two 7mm screws holding the bottom to the dash. Then use a plastic panel removal tool to pry slightly on the top outer edges to release from the dash. If the button fell in, the three clips holding it to the panel are probably broken. If there’s still enough plastic around it, use a good tape to wrap it a few times. Mine has held up well so far.

Miles

I have the same problem, start button falling into dash. I would like to replace the trim piece that seems to hold it in but cannot find it, Can anyone IMG_20200423_190620290.jpg IMG_20200423_190419905.jpg provide a part number>

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I found this, but not 100% sure this is it. It looks like it from the diagram. You may want to verify with a dealer's service department.

First link is a new switch, and second is a new bezel. You might try looking up the part numbers on Ebay, where you may find actual pictures of them to verify, if anyone is selling used units.

bbf2530

Same thing happened to my 2014 mkt. Anyone find the plastic for me that hold the button in place on the dashboard?
Hi Momof3. If the part numbers shown above are not what you are looking for, you may be able to get a faster response by stopping by your local Lincoln or even Ford Dealer, going to the Parts Department and asking them to give you a part number and cost.

Then you can either purchase it from them or order from any of the numerous Lincoln/Ford online parts sellers.

Good luck.

HTML