2013 MKS FCIM Front Control Instrumentation Module

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Rongold

Apr 15, 2016
Putnam Valley, N.Y.
My Lincoln
2014 & 2015 MKS

deja_geek

Aug 29, 2022
My Lincoln
2016 MKS
I guess another question that I need to ask. Has anyone had a Ford/Lincoln dealership get these panels in new OEM recently? I just bought my 2016 via CarMax and they are sending me to my local Lincoln dealership to get this replaced. While the warranty doesn't specify it has to be new OEM parts, I'd prefer new if possible to avoid any fighting with CarMax

Rongold

Apr 15, 2016
Putnam Valley, N.Y.
My Lincoln
2014 & 2015 MKS
As far as I remember, new ones were never available---Just remanufactured ones---And this goes back to when these cars were brand new. The very first ones supplied as replacements back in 2013 might have been new, but as Ford built up their core bank of bad units and had them remanufactured, there was no longer any need to produce them. If you look at the car's new warranty, it says that certain items will be replaced by remanufactured units---not new ones.

Racoon

Sep 13, 2022
My Lincoln
2013 Lincoln MKS
Must have been a different Ebay guy. The one I used last year is still alive & kicking. Here's a link to his auction on Ebay.

I have also used this guy Pavel to do repair on my unit. He is very responsive to messages, explains well and guide you through the process. One would need to take unit out of the vehicle and pack it well to prevent any damage during shipping. Pavel refurbishes the unit and sends it back to you. His service was very fast (about 1week total), unit received was working perfectly after reinstalling it back into the car. I join the member who recommended him, he is very good and very reliable. Attached is instruction on steps to take unit out from the car.

Attachments

• mks.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • D13200D5-381D-4559-BD35-C66F21A36B05.jpeg
    D13200D5-381D-4559-BD35-C66F21A36B05.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 2

Lumberjack

Jul 22, 2014
SE Coast of NC
This is the second time we have had a problem with this panel. We have our air conditioning on and the temperature rises to hi all by itself. I don't understand why we cannot get this part! Here it is summertime, very hot, and the temperature goes up to 85 degrees on the module! Lincoln can surely realize that this is a problem that needs to be corrected. Please help!!
We experienced this issue with 2014 KS. It is common problem with Fords and Lincolns delivered with the My Touch system which controls the radio volume. Fan speed and - and + temp control. It is the panel bow the video screen. The FCIM (Front Control Interface Module) has a printed circuit board that was not meant to be mashed or pressed hard. When this happens the board cracks. Lincoln dealers are very aware of this! Unfortinately. The part is no longer available from Ford. There is however, a repair service for this part. You can find it at: ebay.com/itm/19505057739147. The cost is $250 and they have them in stock. The problem is in the accessing and removal! You can do it yoursef if you are handy that way. It requires 4 hours labor to remove the dash and center console to get at this part. There is a You Tube Video to guide you through it all Or as in my case, I had it done by my Lincoln Service Department at a cost of $950. There are not many options since you can't operate a vehicle that cranks out 85degree hot air and no way to shut it off. Ford/Lincoln really dropped the ball on this one. I do love the car and have had no other issues with it. Good Luck!

Racoon

Sep 13, 2022
My Lincoln
2013 Lincoln MKS
We experienced this issue with 2014 KS. It is common problem with Fords and Lincolns delivered with the My Touch system which controls the radio volume. Fan speed and - and + temp control. It is the panel bow the video screen. The FCIM (Front Control Interface Module) has a printed circuit board that was not meant to be mashed or pressed hard. When this happens the board cracks. Lincoln dealers are very aware of this! Unfortinately. The part is no longer available from Ford. There is however, a repair service for this part. You can find it at: ebay.com/itm/19505057739147. The cost is $250 and they have them in stock. The problem is in the accessing and removal! You can do it yoursef if you are handy that way. It requires 4 hours labor to remove the dash and center console to get at this part. There is a You Tube Video to guide you through it all Or as in my case, I had it done by my Lincoln Service Department at a cost of $950. There are not many options since you can't operate a vehicle that cranks out 85degree hot air and no way to shut it off. Ford/Lincoln really dropped the ball on this one. I do love the car and have had no other issues with it. Good Luck!
I have also posted above step by step to remove it from the car. Not super easy, but doable. Disconect battery first and put car roll stopper before attempting, as you would need to put car in N if I am not mistaken.

Ric Bertsch

Oct 17, 2022
My Lincoln
2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
I have also posted above step by step to remove it from the car. Not super easy, but doable. Disconect battery first and put car roll stopper before attempting, as you would need to put car in N if I am not mistaken.
Does the new FCIM have to be reprogrammed?