2013 MKS FCIM Front Control Instrumentation Module

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

DBrown201

Thank you
How much did they charge? I have a 2014 MKS and thinking mine needs replaced or the ghost in it “saved” out! As of now, it’s a ghost in my audio (goes up on its own) and sometimes the heat will blast when I turn it on, then, I hit the controls where the map displays & change it...stays where I want it. More concerned about my sunroof that opened & wont close (hast opened 8n a year...then all my w8ndows were down & it was opened this morning. Windows close fine but can’t get the sunroof to close even holding the lock button.

abenne37

Success!!! It works no more wonky touch controls!!!! However you will need to control the volume with sterring wheel from what i heard.
Does the air and heat still work from the touch screen after removing the ribbon cables? I have tried just unplugging it and they didn’t work but I thought I would give your idea a try. Is it still working well for you? Thanks!

Rongold

The FCIM is the panel below the screen. It controls the climate control and the radio. The part behind the glove box is the HVAC module. It accepts commands from the FCIM and sends commands to the air doors, compressor, and other parts of the climate control system.

RON

P.S. If your FCIM is defective, this guy can fix it. He did mine, and it works perfectly. He lists his service on Ebay. Here is a link to him.

Click on "contact seller" to ask him if he will fix your FCIM, as the auction is not active now. He responds quickly.

Last edited:

b4black

Aurora, IL
I'm in this same boat needing my FCIM fixed. If I send it out for repairs to either the ebay guy or United Radio in NY, I'll obviously be without the FCIM for a while. If the car useable during that time?

Thanks

Rongold

Good news and bad news---Yes, it can be driven. The radio is controllable from the screen and steering wheel, and will be operational, but the climate control will default to front defrost and will blow hot air. You will not be able to get the A/C operational. The guy on Ebay is quick--I sent mine out on a Wednesday, and had it back the next Tuesday---6 days total. You will probably have to either borrow or rent a car if you do this during the summer. I'm retired, so I didn't go anywhere for a week.

RON

Last edited:

b4black

Aurora, IL
OK, thanks! Guess I'll be driving my truck around. No AC, but at least I can turn the heat off. LOL

I watched a YouTube video where a guy pulled much of the dash and the console apart to get to it. Is it really necessary to pull the top of the console off? I thought I read somewhere it was fairly easy. Just the two wood trims panels and two side panels?

Rongold

I just did mine about a month ago. You have to pull the 3 woodgrain moldings off of the dash, the panel under the steering wheel, the top woodgrain panel off of the console, and you have to pull the upper side panels loose from the console--You don't need to remove them. You also have to pull the surround panel from the console rear box to get the woodgrain panel off, and the 2 panels on the side of, and just forward of the console. Those 2 panels and the top woodgrain panel snap into the FCIM---That's why you have to remove them. The FCIM itself has 2 screws and about 5 clips that hold it to the dash. It's NOT a pleasant job !!!

b4black

Aurora, IL
OK, getting the FCIM out wasn't too bad. I sent it to United Radio. They called and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They even tested it after letting it heat soak. I explained what it was doing (+ not working and then going to MAX heat) and that the entire internet says the FCIM needs repair. I asked if they could just repair the button anyway. They said they don't repair the button, but replace the board. They sent it back free of charge.

I reinstalled and it's the same way still. So I pulled it out and looked at the board inside. Two ribbon cables. I disconnected the driver's side cable and reinstalled. Now it doesn't go to full max high anymore. The buttons on the drivers side don't work, but the lights do. IF you can live with only changing the HVAC from the touch screen, this is livable. Passenger side is still working normal.

Much better than listening to bink, bink, bink, bink with the windows rolled down.

Rongold

You should have sent it to the guy on Ebay. He knows what he is doing. All his feedback is positive. He said mine had 2 cracked traces on the board. So far, it is working perfectly. The URL of his Ebay auction is in my post above.

RON

b4black

Aurora, IL
Well, United Radio is the remanufacturer of these for Ford, so I thought it was a safe bet. And they supposedly average about $200 to repair the unit.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20. Now with the unit not raising the heat all the time, I can take my time and figure it plan B. I might just source a used unit for cheap and then have the first fixed if the used unit craps out too.

Rongold

I thought I heard that Ford dropped United Radio as their repairer of electronic modules due to a high percentage of defective units right out of the box. Buying a used one is a crap shoot, as the junk yards have no way of really testing them. The one in my wife's 14 MKS wouldn't act up until about 12-15 minutes after the car was started, and no junk yard is going to test one that long. They also get $200-$250 for a used one. So far, the one in my 15 MKS hasn't acted up yet. Good luck, and keep us posted on what you do.

RON

Deane

This is the second time we have had a problem with this panel. We have our air conditioning on and the temperature rises to hi all by itself. I don't understand why we cannot get this part! Here it is summertime, very hot, and the temperature goes up to 85 degrees on the module! Lincoln can surely realize that this is a problem that needs to be corrected. Please help!!
There is a YouTube video where this guy disables the varister for that small section on the panel for + and-.
I haven't gone to the dealer yet to ask, but they told me before that they couldn't get a new panel.

G-39065

Apparently you can take the panel off, take the back off and take the ribbon cables out, and re assemble, im going to try this trick with my mkt tomarrow and ill post back results.
I'm having the same problem with my 2013 lincoln mkt.

b4black

Aurora, IL
I ended up pulling the driver's side ribbon cable from the board. Some FCIM buttons don't work, but all the lights do. I can control the climate temp from the right side dash pod, so I really don't miss having the plus and minus buttons on the FCIM.

Somewhat easy solution to the climbing + temperature.